CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

How many CL owners want a carbon fiber lip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by Jay9722
Neal,
Do you make a carbon fiber trim piece that fits the rear bumper over the exhuast on a CL 55? I just put an Eisenmann exhaust on my car and I purchased the stock black plastic trim piece that comes on the 55's and 65's and it just looks tacky. Could you make a carbon fiber piece? I would be willing to ship you my piece to use as a mold. It is the $90 piece that tapes onto the lower part of the rear bumper that goes above the exhaust cutouts.
hey hey hey what peice you talkin about? i got a RennTech exhaust and want something to go back their, show meeee

ALi
Old 12-28-2007 | 06:49 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by goliath27
hey hey hey what peice you talkin about? i got a RennTech exhaust and want something to go back their, show meeee

ALi
Goliath,
Ok, I put on the new exhaust and it is a dual setup...like the 55. The 55 has a black plastic trim piece that fits on the bumber over the exhaust cutouts. Our bumpers are shaped a little bit different so I had to trim it to fit the shape. I also had to cut the single exhaust holes in my bumper to fit the duals. It looks good but I would rather have it in CF. You can go to MB and order the trim piece. Tell them it is for the 03 CL55. it is between $75 and 89 depending on the dealer. I did all the work with a dremel tool, a six pack, and some band-aids.
Old 12-28-2007 | 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Goliath,
Ok, I put on the new exhaust and it is a dual setup...like the 55. The 55 has a black plastic trim piece that fits on the bumber over the exhaust cutouts. Our bumpers are shaped a little bit different so I had to trim it to fit the shape. I also had to cut the single exhaust holes in my bumper to fit the duals. It looks good but I would rather have it in CF. You can go to MB and order the trim piece. Tell them it is for the 03 CL55. it is between $75 and 89 depending on the dealer. I did all the work with a dremel tool, a six pack, and some band-aids.
pics?

ALi
Old 12-28-2007 | 07:24 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by goliath27
pics?

ALi
I'm gonna be playing around in the garage tomorrow so I will snap a few. I haven't put the trim piece on yet...undecided if I like it or not. I will show you what it looks like before and after. I think the part number might still be on the piece too. You wouldn't believe how sweet the Eisenmann race exhaust sounds on my car...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!
Old 12-29-2007 | 03:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Neal,
Do you make a carbon fiber trim piece that fits the rear bumper over the exhuast on a CL 55? I just put an Eisenmann exhaust on my car and I purchased the stock black plastic trim piece that comes on the 55's and 65's and it just looks tacky. Could you make a carbon fiber piece? I would be willing to ship you my piece to use as a mold. It is the $90 piece that tapes onto the lower part of the rear bumper that goes above the exhaust cutouts.

Not sure on that yet. Lets first see how the front lip goes as far as interest. I know the part you are talking about. Its to thin to make a mold from. We would need to work on the actual car or purchase a rear bumper to do it.
Old 12-29-2007 | 03:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Subscribing...hey Neal Need a test mule?...HAHHAH, well I hope this front Lip fits a 05/06 CL65...

Count me in.....
LOL! btw, it should fit the CL65 too.
Old 12-31-2007 | 08:11 PM

s65
02 cl 600... interested in the lip also. PM everyone in this thread when you get closer to D-day
Old 01-07-2008 | 11:19 AM

W220 S500
03 cL500

Count me in on the lip.... hope we all can get a preview on how i'll look like on our car.
Old 02-02-2008 | 09:10 AM

2003 CL55 stage 4 Renntech and 2006 CLS55 AMG
Just checkin in. Looking forward to getting this lip. Any word on progress?
Old 02-24-2008 | 12:20 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by tkracing
Just checkin in. Looking forward to getting this lip. Any word on progress?

Re: CF lip for CL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hey Neal,
Just wanted to touch base and see what kind of progress you were making on the CF front lip for the CL 500 AMG/Sport. Hope all is going well, and I look forward to its' completion.
Jay

Hi Jay,

We still have not started it yet, but do have the bumper. I would say judging by what we have ahead of this, you can expect to see something anywhere from 3-8 weeks.

Thanks
Neal

Website www.EuroteckMotorsports.com
E-Mail info@EuroteckMotorsports.com
Old 10-21-2008 | 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
guys, our lip is done, please see this thread for more details.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/266151-euroteck-motorsports-new-w215-cl55-carbon-fiber-front-lip-now-available.html
Old 10-27-2008 | 03:53 AM

Great product Neal. About a 1 year too late for me. Just got rid of my CL. Look nice though.
Old 10-27-2008 | 12:07 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Neal,
Got my lip on the day you said it would arrive and I have to say, what a great product! The quality is fantastic and the finish is excellent with no prep-work needed. The color instructions, and the packaging of the fasteners is top notch. I couldn't be happier with it. It's being put on right now.
Jay
Old 10-27-2008 | 08:50 PM

Post some pics please

Neal,
Got my lip on the day you said it would arrive and I have to say, what a great product! The quality is fantastic and the finish is excellent with no prep-work needed. The color instructions, and the packaging of the fasteners is top notch. I couldn't be happier with it. It's being put on right now.
Jay
Jay,
Post some pictures after you install it.
Old 10-27-2008 | 10:26 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by apdesign
Jay,
Post some pictures after you install it.
Actually, I just came back from the shop that put it in...they were doing some other work and said they would hook me up and get it on.
I don't like it.
The finished look is okay but it sticks out too far near the front fender well and it isn't a perfect fit. They tightened the bolts as tight and evenly as possible but the shape of the lip doesn't fit the contours of the bumper perfectly...there are gaps, at least 2mm to even 3mm in some places.
Unfortunately, they drilled holes in the bumper cover for the bolts...guess I'm stuck with it, oh well.
Old 10-28-2008 | 12:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Actually, I just came back from the shop that put it in...they were doing some other work and said they would hook me up and get it on.
I don't like it.
The finished look is okay but it sticks out too far near the front fender well and it isn't a perfect fit. They tightened the bolts as tight and evenly as possible but the shape of the lip doesn't fit the contours of the bumper perfectly...there are gaps, at least 2mm to even 3mm in some places.
Unfortunately, they drilled holes in the bumper cover for the bolts...guess I'm stuck with it, oh well.

Hi Jay,

That is not an issue with the lip fitment, I personally test fit and held this on a CL55 myself. What the issuse probably is, is that these first lips were drilled by hand, and some holes may not be in the exact location as the one my friend had tried on his CL55 which we sent with NO holes. (they drilled them there). You or your body shop either needs to drill more holes where the gaps are and the screws pull the bumper down to close the gaps in those places. These bumpers are very flexible and easily bend to the shape when the holes are in the right spot. Or it was installed slightly off and that is why there are gaps. Email me pics at neal@euroteckmotorsports.com so i can see what you are talking about better and I will help solve the issue.

This is a common thing with some new parts, the lips fit fine, but its a issue where the holes are that make or break the install from good to bad. Drilling into the lip is as simple as drilling into the bumper, so its very easy.
Old 10-28-2008 | 08:37 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Hi Jay,

That is not an issue with the lip fitment, I personally test fit and held this on a CL55 myself. What the issuse probably is, is that these first lips were drilled by hand, and some holes may not be in the exact location as the one my friend had tried on his CL55 which we sent with NO holes. (they drilled them there). You or your body shop either needs to drill more holes where the gaps are and the screws pull the bumper down to close the gaps in those places. These bumpers are very flexible and easily bend to the shape when the holes are in the right spot. Or it was installed slightly off and that is why there are gaps. Email me pics at neal@euroteckmotorsports.com so i can see what you are talking about better and I will help solve the issue.

This is a common thing with some new parts, the lips fit fine, but its a issue where the holes are that make or break the install from good to bad. Drilling into the lip is as simple as drilling into the bumper, so its very easy.
Hey Neal,
No worries man! It's gonna be a trial and error thing to get it the way I want it, I understand that. It's a great product, no doubt about it, quality is top notch. I'm a real perfectionist and borderline OCD when it comes to my car. I think I'm just used to seeing my car without it. I'm not going to have them drill any more holes in the bumper just because it is a new bumper and fresh paint, less than 3 days. So I don't want to affect the integrity of the paint. It WILL stay on the car, however.

Just for everybody reading this: It is a superior quality product. When the body shop saw the lip and the finish work of the carbon fiber they were extremely impressed...as was I.

Neal put out a great product.

I pick it up today and will get some pictures up.

Thanks for the follow up Neal, it's appreciated.
Jay
Old 04-09-2009 | 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Jay have you put your lip on yet?

ALi
Old 04-09-2009 | 07:13 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Yeah man I sure did! Put some new Euro 63 wheels on as well. Car is looking pretty tight. What's new with you? I see ur back on MB World. Welcome back.
Jay
Old 04-09-2009 | 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Yeah man I sure did! Put some new Euro 63 wheels on as well. Car is looking pretty tight. What's new with you? I see ur back on MB World. Welcome back.
Jay
Meet me here so we don't ***** this up lol

LINK

ALi