CL "Stone" Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500 Sport
CL "Stone" Interior

OK,

Who here really knows their Mercedes Benz Interior Colors?

I have an 03 ' CL sport and I think the interior is light stone. Like on just about every Benz made today; the upper part of the dash, door surrounds and the steering wheel are a slightly darker shade than the seats and lower door panels. Can anyone tell me what they call the darker color? Here's why I need to know...

My steering wheel had a tiny amount of discoloration that I thought was as a result of a small amount of oils or dirt... allot like what can happen to our door handles over time. Well previously that was easily remedied with a mild cleanser and a soft towel. Well I started cleaning my steering wheel, and it looked like I was merely smearing the dirt. So I hit it a little harder and it kept spreading... or so I thought. And I'm still not sure exactly what the hell I did, but now I've discolored the better part of the leather portion of the steering wheel. I've had MANY Mercedes going back to a 1980 W123 , and I've never so royally screwed up an interior. I've resigned myself to re dying the wheel and moving on.

So in closing, if anyone knows the color, I'd apprecaite the name. And if by chance this has happened to you and it turned out to be able to be cleaned, can you let me know?!

Thanks!

Marc
Attached Thumbnails CL "Stone"  Interior-interior.jpg  

Last edited by SL in ATL; 01-18-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 CL500,& '18 GLS63. Gone: '83 500SEC,'99 500SL,'07GL450
color code

Originally Posted by SL in ATL
OK,

Who here really knows their Mercedes Benz Interior Colors?

I have an 03 ' CL sport and I think the interior is light stone. Like on just about every Benz made today; the upper part of the dash, door surrounds and the steering wheel are a slightly darker shade than the seats and lower door panels. Can anyone tell me what they call the darker color? Here's why I need to know...

My steering wheel had a tiny amount of discoloration that I thought was as a result of a small amount of oils or dirt... allot like what can happen to our door handles over time. Well previously that was easily remedied with a mild cleanser and a soft towel. Well I started cleaning my steering wheel, and it looked like I was merely smearing the dirt. So I hit it a little harder and it kept spreading... or so I thought. And I'm still not sure exactly what the hell I did, but now I've discolored the better part of the leather portion of the steering wheel. I've had MANY Mercedes going back to a 1980 W123 , and I've never so royally screwed up an interior. I've resigned myself to re dying the wheel and moving on.

So in closing, if anyone knows the color, I'd apprecaite the name. And if by chance this has happened to you and it turned out to be able to be cleaned, can you let me know?!

Thanks!

Marc
On the vehicle data card for my 2003 Cl500 item #30-Ausstattung xxx is described as follows: "30 Interior appointments- Code for colour and materials of interior appointments."
With this code info you might check with your local MB dealer or the shop that does their interior repairs.

Last edited by reddog; 01-19-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:13 PM

I thought the stone interior was the light grey with dark wood?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:28 AM

C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Its called Alpaca Grey in the UK mate.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM

2003 SL500 Sport
Light Grey...

Deviils Advocate,

No. The light grey that you see in most E's and C's these day's is called Ash. And the really light grey that's borderline dishwater tan is called oyster.

Man that car is beautiful in white!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by SL in ATL
Deviils Advocate,

No. The light grey that you see in most E's and C's these day's is called Ash. And the really light grey that's borderline dishwater tan is called oyster.

Man that car is beautiful in white!
Thanks man.. What would this color be called?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:03 PM

CL500 and ML55
Looks like Ash to me.
Link is for SL- but they are the same colors.
Mine is an 02 and has Ash interior.

http://www.carsdirect.com/2002/merce...z/sl600/colors
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
My '03 S class has exactly the same color interior and it is called stone. However, I cannot help you on the issue of the steering wheel. My wheel is doing the same as yours but to a lesser degree. Good luck.