CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

AMG front bumper or Wald front lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
AMG front bumper or Wald front lip spoiler

I've been debating as to whether I should replaced my entire front CL500 non-sport front bumper with an AMG unit, or simply just go with a Wald add-on.

If I do go with the Pre-03' AMG front bumper (I like its subtle look more than the newer 03+ ones), do I need to change out anything other than the bumper itself?

I am told that I would need new mesh and fog lights but I have not been able to confirm this. If I do need to change my fog lights and mesh, may I skip them first and install them later without taking off the new front bumper? Could anyone please shed some lights on this matter?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jon
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500 w215
hi, you will need the new mesh and fogs to fit the amg bumper, i know the center grill you can fit easy after bumper installed it just a push fit from the front, as for fogs not I'm not sure. if you remove the engine under tray you might have access to them.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Mercedes CL500
Thank you very much for your help!

In other words, the "center" mesh grill is interchangeable between the standard CL500 front bumper and the 00-02' AMG sport bumper, and the side mesh grills and fog lights are not?

If so, may I simply use the center mesh grills and not install the side mesh grills? Will that allow me to use my old fog lights from my standard bumper?

Thanks again!

Jon

Originally Posted by beacham
hi, you will need the new mesh and fogs to fit the amg bumper, i know the center grill you can fit easy after bumper installed it just a push fit from the front, as for fogs not I'm not sure. if you remove the engine under tray you might have access to them.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Mercedes CL500
One more question please.

What if it's a 03+ AMG front bumper? Would that mean that I'll have to replace more parts to make it fit?

Thanks again.

Jon
Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
One more question please.

What if it's a 03+ AMG front bumper? Would that mean that I'll have to replace more parts to make it fit?

Thanks again.

Jon

Jon, basically if you are going from a non amg to an amg bumper...you will pretty much needs to change everything. the fog lights and mesh are pretty pricey too. you will also need to change the support on the inside of the bumper to accomplish and hold up the amg bumper. wald will be the easier and cheaps to go. i had wald on mine before...looks pretty nice. you can do a search for it on this forum. i posted it about 3 years ago.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500 w215
center mesh is different, but easy to fit with bumper on car.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Mercedes CL500
Thank you both for the help again, I appreciate it.

apdesign: If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me where in So Kali you purchased the Wald front lip spoiler and had it installed?

I found a local Wald distributor but they wanted about $1,100 or so for this part (including paint and installation). Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks!

Jon
Old 02-25-2008, 03:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Thank you both for the help again, I appreciate it.

apdesign: If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me where in So Kali you purchased the Wald front lip spoiler and had it installed?

I found a local Wald distributor but they wanted about $1,100 or so for this part (including paint and installation). Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks!

Jon
Jon...no trouble. It got sounds about right. I got mine from a high end shop in Azusa called CANAUTO, but now I think they are closed down. I had it install at Autonetwork in El Monte...I think I gave you the name of contact person. The Wald distributor that you are buying it from...just bargain with them and tell them you will pay $1000 cash out the door with of course paint and installation. I got mine for $900. Good luck bro...and when you have it please post some picture.

You can also go to http://www.d2technik.com/. They also offer WALD for good price too...talk directly to the owner and not the sales guy there. This place does extremely high end cars. They have a nice lorenser CL steering wheel..he is asking for around $1000..look very nice. The owner himself used to have a full onto WALD kit on his CL.