Front suspension drops .. !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 500 - 2000
Front suspension drops .. !!!

Hi,

when I park my car and turn it off for several hours the front of the car drops but when I start the car again for a few seconds it levels to the normal position.

I don't know exactly why this problem occurs is it from the pumps, valves or sensors.

your input is really appreciated.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CL 55 AMG Kompressor
I had the same problem. Car would drop after one day. Valve block was replaced and all is now good.

Oxygen is the expert on the ABC system of our cars he should be able to answer your query. Look up his write up on the ABC system using the search function.

Last edited by AMG055; 06-02-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: To correct spelling mistakes
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM

2001 cl500
had the same problem, just replaced my front suspension valve yesterday. i did it myself. works great.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by fasttoney
had the same problem, just replaced my front suspension valve yesterday. i did it myself. works great.
Mostrar forma romanizada

Hello, you can put everything in more detail please?

regards
Old 06-03-2010, 05:57 AM

CL 500 - 2000
Thanks guys ..

I will change the valve block and give it a try .. I will post more when I am done ..
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Great that you did it yourself but I too would like to know exactly what you did such as bleeding the system, etc.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM

2001 cl500
operated the up and down buttons about 15-20 times. to change it, i lifted both front wheels off the ground. removed cover on drivers front left side to access the valve. there is five lines on the valve, and four electrical connections. once removed, there is 3 10mm nuts holding the valve to the valve bracket. once removed, was able to removew it. instrallwd in reverse.

Last edited by fasttoney; 06-04-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

operated the up and down buttons about 15-20 times. to change it, i lifted both front wheels off the ground. removed cover on drivers front left side to access the valve. there is five lines on the valve, and four electrical connections. once removed, there is 3 10mm nuts holding the valve to the valve bracket. once removed, was able to removew it. instrallwd in reverse.
Thanks for the info. Was there any pressure in the system when you removed the valve connectors and how much fluid did you loose? Have you had any problems since the new valve? Also, where did you get the your new valve? Thanks again for the update. This is info that can save us a lot of $.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM

2001 cl500
there was no pressure, because my opinion the tires were off the ground. i brought mine used off ebay. some may not want to buy used. but im a aircraft mech, so if i can change the part and buy use, i save alot. as far as fluid loss, i would say 1 or 2 liters. im just telling everyone my expieance. you dont have to buy used. i figured if i can save on labor, and buy a used part. if it goes out in a year or so, maybe at that time ill buy one new, or another used one. so. i brought the used valve off ebay from a cl600, wrecked the the rear. the insurance company totalled the car. he took off some parts that he recently replaced, and spent big money at the dealer, and he refused to let those good parts go to the scrap yard. we know what the dealer charges for abc issues. so he pulled some parts off, before the tow man cam. he made alil money, i got a very good used valve for cheap. and we both were happy. i paid 200 shipped for the part, 40.00 for two liters of abc fluid shipped. total cost of my car sagging in the front after 2 hours was 240.00 dollars and a couple hours of my time. thanks to ebay, info fromn this site, someone eles misfortune. alot of homework of my behave. and jusat alil skill. its been 3 or 4 days now. so far so good. I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I TOOK SOME CHANCES BUYING THAT USED VALVE, THE SELLER COULD HAVE BEEN DISHONEST ON THE CONDITION OF THE PART. THE REASON IM SAYING THIS IS BECAUSE IF YOU DO THE SAME THING AND IT DONT WORK FOR YOU FORT SOME REASON, I DONT WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBILE. im just letting everyone know what i did and my results. i guess this is the disclaimer. lol and if someone wants to call me or want me to help, ill do what i can. i was alil messy because of fluid dripping from the lines, but it was worth it. no lights, no cautions, no sagging. so far so good.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:21 AM

CL500
Congratulations fasttoney, very good job for us the problem is to find the valve at a good price.
Regards.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

there was no pressure, because my opinion the tires were off the ground. i brought mine used off ebay. some may not want to buy used. but im a aircraft mech, so if i can change the part and buy use, i save alot. as far as fluid loss, i would say 1 or 2 liters. im just telling everyone my expieance. you dont have to buy used. i figured if i can save on labor, and buy a used part. if it goes out in a year or so, maybe at that time ill buy one new, or another used one. so. i brought the used valve off ebay from a cl600, wrecked the the rear. the insurance company totalled the car. he took off some parts that he recently replaced, and spent big money at the dealer, and he refused to let those good parts go to the scrap yard. we know what the dealer charges for abc issues. so he pulled some parts off, before the tow man cam. he made alil money, i got a very good used valve for cheap. and we both were happy. i paid 200 shipped for the part, 40.00 for two liters of abc fluid shipped. total cost of my car sagging in the front after 2 hours was 240.00 dollars and a couple hours of my time. thanks to ebay, info fromn this site, someone eles misfortune. alot of homework of my behave. and jusat alil skill. its been 3 or 4 days now. so far so good. I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I TOOK SOME CHANCES BUYING THAT USED VALVE, THE SELLER COULD HAVE BEEN DISHONEST ON THE CONDITION OF THE PART. THE REASON IM SAYING THIS IS BECAUSE IF YOU DO THE SAME THING AND IT DONT WORK FOR YOU FORT SOME REASON, I DONT WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBILE. im just letting everyone know what i did and my results. i guess this is the disclaimer. lol and if someone wants to call me or want me to help, ill do what i can. i was alil messy because of fluid dripping from the lines, but it was worth it. no lights, no cautions, no sagging. so far so good.
Thanks for the detailed write up. Sounds like you nailed it. If you think of it, give us an update in a month or so.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 PM

E90 N54 & W251
Nicely done!! Glad to see someone took the plunge and succeeded with this.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CL500 1992 300SE
The entire process is outlined fully within the MBZ STAR SERVICE Service Manual Library DVD.
Btw....well done Tony and you can use clamps on the fluid lines to prevent leakage next time.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 Mercedes SL550 Sport
mine drops only on the right front parked over night. any ideas?

02 CL500