CL 600 Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl
CL 600 Problems

Hi everybody,
I just recently purchased a 03 CL 600...Awesome car.
But i have been noticing afew things that i would like input on.
I took the Nav cd out yesterday and noticed that the command center screen has changed to a different color than before...Is this normal?
Also my parktronic has recently decided to have a mind of it own.
As i pulled it into the garage today i noticed both front radar displays had both reb bars illuminated (but the yellow bars where not illuminated) when nothing was in front of them,and then they both shut off by themself or in other words parktronic went inop..I tried to turn parktronic on because i noticed the red light on the button was lit up, but both radar displays showed the red bars, it "beeped" and then parktronic shut off again
And then after that while inside the car i saw that i didnt look level,so i went outside of the car and saw that the front passenger tire was noticeably higher than all the rest of the tires.Is this a problem with the ABC?I raised and lowered the car several times via the lift button,And then i noticed that the speedometer display showed 1 Malfunction.
So i turned the vehicle back on and went through the sub menus trying to find the malfunction but it must of reset itself because then it read No Malfunction.
What is going on here?
Can anyone help?
Thank you
Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 PM

E53 Wagon, Model 3, Miata, etc, etc
the parktronic have a sensor malfunction, it wouldn't go on the display saying you have the malfunction, have it checked on star diagnostic to see which sensor's faulty and have it replaced.

Others I don't have experience with.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG (2006), Mercedes 560 SEL (1991)
The parktronic system on my 06 e55 sometimes does the same, typically after washing the car. It usually starts working after some time, presumably having dried out. Of recent though, it's been behaving itself even after washing. My dealership suspects some of the sensors but I've been loathe to tamper with the system, especially since it seems to be working for now.

As for the airmatic system, I've had to replace my front struts and all sorts of valves earlier this year. Solved the suspension collapse problem first on one side, then at the other when I was foolish enough to fix just one side. Since then, I guess I've become paranoid. Sometimes it seems one side is higher than the other. So, of course, I get out and have a look and something usually seems not quite right. Thing is though, the car drives well, and no one else seems to notice anything is amiss. My advice is simply let yr dealership look at it, and if they say it's fine, stop fretting and enjoy your driving...that is, afterall, why you bought the beast!
Brgds
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Cl
Hi,
My CL also seems to be higher on the drivers side,the tires also dont seem to be the same length from the fenders on either side...But the same thing as you,i am the only one that notices or thinks something is wrong.
I had an independant imports shop that works on mercedes look at it and they didnt notice it,but they decided to re-calibrate the ride hight...
Alls that did was make my abc light come on,but they said it would go away in time...............It never did.
Just recently i had it towed to the mercedes dealership because it wouldnt start.They replaced the ignition switch and now it starts and runs perfect,they also re-did the ride hight,so the abc malfunction went away...But they said other than that there is nothing wrong with it.
They test drove it and said its fine.Idk what to think...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
glad to hear things worked out.
PL
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM

CLK63 BS
It could be a valve block. When mine was leaking the light would come on whenever it wanted. Of course never when I took it in. And when I shut the car off it would go away. So be cautious if it comes up again. My indy found it finally after a couple of days of having the car. never had a light since replacing it
Old 11-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Cl
My abc malfunction only came on when the ride height was recalibrated,do you think it could be a valve block leaking?
There is no sign of fluid leaking anywhere,and the abc resevoir seems to stay topped off,as in the dip stick says it aint leaking.
How much is it to replace a valve block?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
If it sinks on one corner, either the strut is leaking or the valve block is leaking.

If there's no oil dripping and the fluid level stays constant, it's probably the valve block. I think you're looking at over $1k to replace. I would probably just leave it. It's not detrimental to the car. In fact, some amount of leakage is completely normal (Mercedes says if it leaks after sitting for a week, it's normal). How long does it take to drop?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:49 AM

CL 500 and CL600
Not safe

I had to replace both valve blocks on my 2003 CL 500 and 2006 CL 600. They have changed the design so it wont happen any more. It is a safety issue and you will get lights on the dash to visit workshop. They should NEVER sag on any side for any reason. Its almost always the BLOCKS. I think a Class action lawsuit should incurr. Anyone who owns a 2000-2006 will find they have to replace them They are 1,299.99 at the dealer plus installation plus fluid, plus, RODEO plus plus plus, Expect 2,800 per block, two per car
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
I agree - it's a design flaw. On my S55, it actually happened twice as first time CPO covered and dealer only changed block, but MB warranty didn't tell them to flush fluid...within 2 yrs, had to re-do the block...and this time added the flush, and the rodeo. Good things I had 3rd party extended warranty that covered some.
PL
Old 11-11-2010, 07:42 PM

Cl
If you are referring to lowering or raising via the button. ..It seems fine....it just doesnt seem like the passenger side does the same as the drivers side...it seems like i can only tell that the drivers side raises or lowers.My next things to get worked on is, the speedometer flickers in light intensity, my trunk outa the blue seems to open and close really slow........Really slow!
And i need to replace the drivers visor..it was broken when i baught the car.Other than that its immaculate,never seen snow, and garaged most its life ina garage.
It kinda seems like a really expensive project car...Constantly needing work here and there.Reminds me of all my friends that are contantly fixing or modding there 87 big block trans ams and camaros,neon srt-4s,ect.But i am still glad i got the car,if it ends up needing major repairs and cant be driven then i guess i will have a fancy garage ornament, And saying i love this car would be an understatement.
Does anyone know of a website that explains in depth how this cars hydraulic suspension works so i can educate myself?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

2003 CL600
ICAN HELP!!cl600 front to back

i know the 2003-2006 CL600 front o back i just got 10,000 dollars worth of service to bring mine back to life...i know what virtually all problems are and the fix for them believe me ive spent months trying to and successfully fixing mine up. It really is driving back to $140,000 range once again. PM or e-mail me and i can help you out with almost everything. Someone schooled me on what to fix now i can help you. Its all int he family. Let me know whats goin on
Old 06-29-2019, 11:42 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2007 CLK550 Coupe, 2003 CL600, 2012
Originally Posted by Novaflux
i know the 2003-2006 CL600 front o back i just got 10,000 dollars worth of service to bring mine back to life...i know what virtually all problems are and the fix for them believe me ive spent months trying to and successfully fixing mine up. It really is driving back to $140,000 range once again. PM or e-mail me and i can help you out with almost everything. Someone schooled me on what to fix now i can help you. Its all int he family. Let me know whats goin on
Do you still have your cl?