CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Just bought my very first MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes SL55
Smile Just bought my very first MB

Well, over the weekend, I stopped by my local BMW/Mercedes/Porsche/Audi dealer, kind of bored, not much to do. I was out getting some sun driving my Z8. Favorite BMW salesman says, "you ought to see the CL600 sitting in the MB showroom." I, not knowing a CL from a CLK, went over. Nice car.

Dealer got a special allocation for some Hollywood producer who changed his mind when it arrived. I look at car. I think, "well, I do want a commuter car that is a lot less bone jarring than my slammed M3." I buy (well, I leased).

The car: black with black interior. AMG 19" wheels. Beautiful. This car is pure class. Yum.

So, as a complete MB newbie, tell me everything I need to know. Or something like that.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:34 PM

Congrats on the car they are very cool cars! Hey I would like to see pics of your cars if possible you have a sweet list!

Cheers
Old 03-06-2002, 09:35 PM

Welcome.
Well if you have any questions, ask away. What do you want to know? You got some very nice cars, any pics?
Old 03-11-2002, 01:55 AM

orangemarlin,

How is is you have SO many cars? And so many nice ones? (it's a half-rhetorical question, fyi)

There is a black/ash CL600 Sport sitting at my dealer on the floor. I know you have questions, but perhaps you won't mind my asking a question of you: how do you like the black/black?

Nice decision to buy the car, btw.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:37 PM

2003 Mercedes SL55
Cool

CJ

I actually haven't got to spend much time with the car since I was dispatched to Europe the day after I bought the car. But, I happen to like black, a lot. My Z8 is silver, so the last thing I want is two similarly priced cars in the same color.

By the way, the reason I have all of these cars is an extreme addiction to German automobiles. I've tried numerous cures, including girlfriends, and I just can't seem to resist. The cars that is.

Actually, I held a lot of options (I mean a LOT) and stock from a company I helped start. And now I can afford a lot of toys. Not girlfriends however, because they're too expensive.

I'll post pictures once I return to the USA. I wish I had my digital camera however, since my hotel is a couple of blocks from the McLaren dealer. They have one beautiful McLaren sitting in the window. Now that's a beautiful car.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Orangemarlin, welcome to the club.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by orangemarlin
CJ

I actually haven't got to spend much time with the car since I was dispatched to Europe the day after I bought the car. But, I happen to like black, a lot. My Z8 is silver, so the last thing I want is two similarly priced cars in the same color.

By the way, the reason I have all of these cars is an extreme addiction to German automobiles. I've tried numerous cures, including girlfriends, and I just can't seem to resist. The cars that is.

Actually, I held a lot of options (I mean a LOT) and stock from a company I helped start. And now I can afford a lot of toys. Not girlfriends however, because they're too expensive.

I'll post pictures once I return to the USA. I wish I had my digital camera however, since my hotel is a couple of blocks from the McLaren dealer. They have one beautiful McLaren sitting in the window. Now that's a beautiful car.
Buy it and bring it backwhat stops you?
That story about Hollywood producer and CL600 sounds like a tipical salesman BS. There are no Hollywood producers in Northern Virginia but a deler by the name HBL of Tyson Corner had two CL600 with distronic in hte last two month-----one could buy it without any Hollywood producer story involved they also had S600 and an S55, but no producers and all the cars are gone.
Why is there usually a BS story attached to a good car?
HBL can show you how to do it without it.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Orangemarlin

Welcome to our humble community! And congrats on your new car! We need to see some pics of that bad boy!
Old 03-12-2002, 03:02 AM

2003 Mercedes SL55
Reply to fast eddy

Fast one,

The McClaren is pretty, but I do not want it. I also don't want a Ferrari for approximately the same reasons.

As for the salesman story, here's the reason I know it's true. I live in Santa Barbara CA, and I just happen to live amongst all types of Hollywood people, and they drive all kinds of nice cars. The local dealer, Cutter Motors, is basically a dealership for the stars and glitterati of Hollywood. And other high tax rate types. LOL.

The dealer is relatively small, we're a town of only 80,000 people, so they're allocations aren't what you get in a big Northeastern City. They may get 5 or 6 CL's a year, and they're all spoken for. Mercedes has a special program (I believe that BMW, Jaguar and Porsche have similar ones) for VIP's. The companies all want certain high-profile people to have their cars, so at a certain name level, the local dealer can order a car for that person above and beyond their allocation. The person who ordered my car was no anonymous producer, but someone we all know. He ordered the car, didn't like it, and apparently drove off with a G-wagen or something similar.

I actually don't care why the CL happened to be on the lot. If it weren't, I wouldn't have bought one. It was there, they didn't have a markup on the price, and I leased it.

Sometimes stories are real. And I'm much more cynical than the average person, so I need to have facts before I buy into any dealer story, including this one. And this one turned out clean.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:37 AM

orangemarlin,

thanks for filling in the holes of your life story! (i haven't been online for a while.)

i'm glad you like the black/black as well!!!

and, btw, mclaren dealer...isn't that some kind of oxymoron? haha.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey orange marlin,

congratulations on your new car, and you got an awesome selection of cars, lucky guy. You should post some pixs
Old 04-10-2002, 08:14 PM

1986 BMW 528e
Yeah, I'm really impressed. Like the silver for the Z8. Also I like silver CL's but black might be my second choice. What color is your M5?

Congratulations on all your cars and especially your success. More power to entrepreneurs like yourself!