CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Headlight Washer Nozzle Missing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
97 Lexus LS400, 04 Mustang, 08 Corvette Z51, 92 Honda Civic Si, 02 CL500, 03 E500
Headlight Washer Nozzle Missing

Hi guys, 1 of the 2 left headlight washer's nozzles/heads on my 02 CL500 is missing. It appears that it had popped out & fell off from the pressure so it sprayed lots of washer fluid whenever I activated the washer via a switch on my dash right next to the light switch. I took a quick look at the telescopic arm with the 2 nozzles/heads attached at the tip of it, looks like it can be removed from the assembly via a plastic tab so can the arm or the nozzle/head be replaced instead of the entire pump? Also, is there a connector somewhere that I can disconnect to remove that function since I hardly use the headlight washer? Thanks.

Someone had mentioned in another post that the system will activate the headlight washer if the headlights & the windshield wipers are on after 5 swipes interval since the newer models no longer have the headlight washer's switch. Not sure if it's also applicable to the old 02 w/ the switch?? I've just washed the car so don't want to run the test just yet as I don't want to have washer fluid all over the hood & fenders

I've already looked for the info in the manual but it's worthless. Anybody knows?

Last edited by superfast; 09-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550
To manually activate the headlight washer just press the Phone call Answer and phone call end buttons together on your steering wheel.😉

Try with your headlights on or off depending on your model and year.😊