CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC rear valve rebuilt, now nothing..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 06:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2000 CL 500
Exclamation ABC rear valve rebuilt, now nothing..

The rear was getting stuck up in the air so I took apart the rear valve block and cleaned it, and rebuilt it, installed it and then checked everything over a hundred times. The abc button does nothing but light up as if its working and the drive carefully message is stuck on. I have tried everything including disconnecting the battery for 30mins, unplugging and replugging in the connectors, I bled all four corners (Just with the weight of the vehicle to elimate some air, which I regret, cause now it's too low to drive!) Whats the deal here? I feel like I'm missing some important information.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Viper GTS; 09-29-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:51 AM

Received 794 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Viper GTS
The rear was getting stuck up in the air so I took apart the rear valve block and cleaned it, and rebuilt it, installed it and than checked everything over a hundred times. The abc button does nothing but light up as if its working. and the drive carefully message is stuck on. I have tried everything including, disconnecting the battery for 30mins, unplugging and replugging in the connectors, I bleed all four corners (Just with the weight of the vehicle to elimate some air, which I regret, cause now it's too low oo drive!) Whats the deal here? I feel like I'm missing some important information.

Thanks in advance!
Hi

find someone with Xentry Das and run a rodeo for real bleeding
The following users liked this post:
Viper GTS (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 AM

2000 CL 500
I just read that it may need to be primed. Which would have to be done to bleed it cause it is inactive atm. I think I am going to try putting <5psi to the resevoir, I didnt like that idea but apparently thats the real procedure.. I'll report back with results.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:11 AM

2000 CL 500
Did it like 5 times. Got it to gurgle the first time, and a couple times later a I heard a little click, I read those were what to listen for. Still nothing, unplugged the fuses too, raised the rpms, nothing. I'm pretty damn P.O. as I am supposed to be taking it in for a safety inspection in 1 hour! Birthday is tuesday and I want this thing registered!

Anything I'm missing or should try?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:05 AM

2000 CL 500
FIXED!

The car has to be started as you hold some air pressure to the reservoir, (also I did a little CPR on the main tube, but that probably wasn't necessary) I first read that you give it pressure then start it. No dice that way! you must start it while holding pressure. I got a second pair of hands and first try! the entire car goes up and down like it should now, not just the front (before my rebuild) and I can make my appointment yet today!

Thanks to all who have had ABC problems and shared them on the Internet!

VIPER
Old 09-29-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 Mercedes w203
Glad it's fixed.
How do you hold pressure to the reservoir ?
Old 09-29-2017, 01:52 PM

2000 CL 500

Thanks, I used a blow gun with the common rubber end. It's the perfect fit to the dipstick hole! Be very careful not to use much pressure* I limited the output psi from the compressor to near nothing. I very closely watched for the tank to expand ever so slightly. (Risky business) The reservoir is somewhat flexible. Remove very slowly to prevent misting and splashes. Also if oil comes firing back out at you as you remove it, you're applying too much pressure.

I personally feel like it's a good way to blow your tank apart, so again I say: be very careful and go slow. Sample the pressure and your finger's actuation on the tool before inserting it into the reservoir.

Last edited by Viper GTS; 09-29-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 Mercedes w203
Thank you very much.