CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Blame it on the rain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CL600
Blame it on the rain

ok, I am experiencing that electronic issue that happens with the w215 when it rains for a couple of days or rains really hard.
I know it has the do with the SAM's but what I need to know is which one?
The first issue I get is the door locks not functioning with the fob or on the dash, the mirrors folding back and unfolding when locking or unlocking, the trunck won't unlock either and the gas door ,that one is so fun to deal with, it looks like I am trying to steal gas with a plastic molding tool and flat head drive in my hand to pull the door up a bit and push the pin back to open the gas door...eeerrrr!!!!
Then as soon as it stops raining and dries good for a good day or two depending on how much it rained everything starting functioning fine.
using my fuse chart the coo on fuse for all these thing is from the one under the passenger back seat but I don't thing it is the culprit..?
Any help in what I need to do or the best way to figure out the source ofvthe issues would be appreciated.
Thanks my friends and Happy Thanksgiving so help please so I can be thankful. Ha
Old 11-23-2017, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Probably the rear SAM, check for water intrusion around the taillights, the gaskets leak on them after time, they are a foam gasket and they shrink and don't seal anymore.