Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 03:36 PM
JHM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 CL 600
soft close trunk windows

Hi All,
The problem started with the soft close on my doors not working. After several months my trunk would not open without me lifting it manually.
now, when I'm inside the car the windows go down a bit as usual when I move the door handle to open the door but they don't go back into
closed position when the door is closed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
'15 GLK350, '05 CL65 AMG, '04 C320 4matic
Two different problems.

Are your door locks still working?
When the soft close stopped working it was probably a leak in the vacuum system. The leak eventually causes the vacuum pump in the trunk (PSE unit) to shut down or fail. That also causes the trunk closer to fail. You can try resetting the PSE unit's electronics by pulling the fuse temporarily and then replacing it. That might get your trunk working again, but you still have to find and fix the leak or it will happen again. If that doesn't work then the PSE unit may need repair or replacement.

The windows are a different matter. If they don't raise fully after closing the door, it may be that the door-closed switch is not working. The switch is located at the rear of the door opening. There is a matching trim piece on the door that needs to be in place to push against it. Make sure the trim piece is in-place.

Last edited by Geraldius; 01-31-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 PM
JHM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 CL 600
Thanks for your reply. The passenger door soft close works fine. Both windows open a bit when the handle is moved and close fully when the door is shut. The trunk switch on the driver's door doesn't work. The trunk must be opened manually but closes with the switch on the trunk. The key fob switch will not lock or unlock the doors. Where do we go from here?
Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Trunk power raise/lower is a hydraulic system that's separate from everything else. Most likely it's low on fluid and doesn't have enough power to raise it, or the fact that your PSE is dead and can't unlatch the trunk means it won't power up.

Have a competent benz guy diag your PSE system, it's probably not just a pump but with so many branches out, but your pass door still working, i'd suspect the valve on the PSE itself before I suspected all the locks and latches that are currently not working. You can reset it and indiviually test the branches with SDS so you aren't just throwing parts at it blind.

The door windows won't roll up if the door isn't closed and the circuit hasn't faulted out yet, but if it's fully closed they still should go up.