CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC damages the gasket and flies out with a high pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl500
ABC damages the gasket and flies out with a high pressure

Hi guys. Recently i had problem with my cl500 with power steering (PS). It works only if more than 1000rpm. So i bought defective abc pump with good PS section and i have replaced this section to my pump. I've assemble everything do the procedure with starting this pump and everything else what mercedes procedure want. After i start the engine and everything start working well. Abc section 190bar, power stering works very well. Car was working for 20 minutes then i switched off and wait for about 10-15 min. After i start engine again fluid get out with high preasure from the pump (between pump and this cylinder which is attached to the pump). So i dissasembly everything again replace orings (not original) and assemble again. And story was excactly the same - fluid on the floor). And again a replace with other orings (not original - bit diffrent than last one) and same story. So i have done the last time with used oring from difrent hose (original but used) and again same story.
Do you think its oring issue? 1st time i start engine car working very well abc and Ps. But after time i switch off and start again its blows with high preasurre. I already ordered new original gasket and hope this will help but maybe its something else? Maybe its something making to big preasurre and blows the weakest place? I already waste 7 liters fluid 2 day job and tones of nerves. Thank you
Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,069 Likes on 857 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Try Harbor Freight.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by beniamin
Hi guys. Recently i had problem with my cl500 with power steering (PS). It works only if more than 1000rpm. So i bought defective abc pump with good PS section and i have replaced this section to my pump. I've assemble everything do the procedure with starting this pump and everything else what mercedes procedure want. After i start the engine and everything start working well. Abc section 190bar, power stering works very well. Car was working for 20 minutes then i switched off and wait for about 10-15 min. After i start engine again fluid get out with high preasure from the pump (between pump and this cylinder which is attached to the pump). So i dissasembly everything again replace orings (not original) and assemble again. And story was excactly the same - fluid on the floor). And again a replace with other orings (not original - bit diffrent than last one) and same story. So i have done the last time with used oring from difrent hose (original but used) and again same story.
Do you think its oring issue? 1st time i start engine car working very well abc and Ps. But after time i switch off and start again its blows with high preasurre. I already ordered new original gasket and hope this will help but maybe its something else? Maybe its something making to big preasurre and blows the weakest place? I already waste 7 liters fluid 2 day job and tones of nerves. Thank you
stop trying to repair the defective pump. I've had pumps that out too much pressure and blow parts of the system up
get a rebuilt one from rock auto they are about $250
Old 03-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Cl500
Originally Posted by tusabes

stop trying to repair the defective pump. I've had pumps that out too much pressure and blow parts of the system up
get a rebuilt one from rock auto they are about $250
Thanks for answer sir but I’m not from US. Suspension section was working ok. I haven’t open it. I just replace rear part of pump from other. And it’s working good but second start of car destroy oring.
Can it be oring fault?
Old 03-11-2018, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
It's not your oring its a bad pump putting out too much pressure

Rock auto will ship anywhere or you can find a USA contact to buy and reship to you
Old 03-12-2018, 04:36 AM

Cl500

Rock auto will ship anywhere or you can find a USA contact to buy and reship to you
That’s weird. Pump was good for 2 years and now it’s bad? I wasn’t detached because this thing happened but power steering failure. Maybe it’s true but I will try with oem oring and if it fail then I change pump.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:37 AM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
Originally Posted by beniamin

Thanks for answer sir but I’m not from US. Suspension section was working ok. I haven’t open it. I just replace rear part of pump from other. And it’s working good but second start of car destroy oring.
Can it be oring fault?
Perhaps you'd let us know where you are from. This has proven to be useful information in the past.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (03-12-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz

Maybe I missed it but he said it put out 190 Bar which is well within acceptable pressure range.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:20 PM

Cl500
Hello again. I have solution. As I said I change rear part of pump from other working one. The problem was that the abc pump was from newer car and shape of this pump was slightly different. I have to cut a piece of it and everything was on it place. So problem solved