MB Star XENTRY DAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
MB Star XENTRY DAS

Hello All -
I have spent the past couple of months getting to know & greatly enjoying my 2004 CL500. I am wanting to pick up an MB Star XENTRY DAS with a computer but I'm not certain which one I should get. Do I need the multiplexer? If I get the multiplexer do I need the computer? It seems that every listing on ebay I look at has something different, can anyone offer any guidance?

Dell Latitude laptop with battery and charger included
  • Mercedes MB Star XENTRY DAS with DEVELOPER functions enabled
  • Windows Mercedes Star Diagnostic DAS Xentry software ASRA, EWA, WIS, EPC
  • languages: Deutsch , English , Francais , Castellano , Italiano , Dansk , Svenska , Portugues , Suomi , Turkey , Romanian , Russian , US English , Korean , Japanese , Chinese
  • full kit and configured and tested working with diagnostics C3 MULTIPLEXER
or
SD C5 Multiplexer Mercedes SD CONNECT + XENTRY DAS PROGRAM
or
V2022.9 M B SD C4 Connect Compact C4 X entry D AS Star Diagnosis with CF-19 I5 SSD
or

Mercedes MB Star Xentry Diagnostic C4 DOIP Multiplexer 2022.03 and SSD

Thanks in advance

Old 11-12-2022, 10:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
cl500
I went through this analysis when I got my CL500 last year. It was confusing. I eventually went with BenzNinja, and took his recommendation for computer (used Lenovo) and Xentry modules. He spent nearly a day online setting up the computer for me, and has been invaluable in both understanding how the unit works, and also acting as my consultant on many different car issues. Well worth the money (Lifetime support!). He will be more than happy to tell you what to buy, even if you decide not to use him. I would say if you go direct, then make sure the computer and Xentry are completely set up to use, as it is complicated!

BTW, I have a degree in Computer Science, and have been rebuilding cars for years. I found Xentry to be confusing and hard to find what I was looking for, compared to a standard auto manual. Much of the very detailed stuff is still in German, which I don't read. Basic stuff is in English, but there are times when you need to look deeper. Peter at BenzNinja is fluent in German as well as English, so he was able to do the deep digging ( and knows what to do once he gets there).

Sorry if it sounds like an advertisement- it's not. Just a happy customer.
The following users liked this post:
tim687 (11-14-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 03:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
For this car a C3 multiplexer with DAS is all you need.

Xentry will launch DAS for the older cars anyway. If you have newer benzes Xentry is useful.
Old 06-02-2023, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 490 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by darbysan
I went through this analysis when I got my CL500 last year. It was confusing. I eventually went with BenzNinja, and took his recommendation for computer (used Lenovo) and Xentry modules. He spent nearly a day online setting up the computer for me, and has been invaluable in both understanding how the unit works, and also acting as my consultant on many different car issues. Well worth the money (Lifetime support!). He will be more than happy to tell you what to buy, even if you decide not to use him. I would say if you go direct, then make sure the computer and Xentry are completely set up to use, as it is complicated!

BTW, I have a degree in Computer Science, and have been rebuilding cars for years. I found Xentry to be confusing and hard to find what I was looking for, compared to a standard auto manual. Much of the very detailed stuff is still in German, which I don't read. Basic stuff is in English, but there are times when you need to look deeper. Peter at BenzNinja is fluent in German as well as English, so he was able to do the deep digging ( and knows what to do once he gets there).

Sorry if it sounds like an advertisement- it's not. Just a happy customer.
What was the rough price of the laptop and software?
Old 06-02-2023, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 976 Likes on 759 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wildta
What was the rough price of the laptop and software?
My costs were approximately $700 each for a C3 and a C4 system. Benz Ninja's additional cost for C4 support was worth every penny.
The following 2 users liked this post by bbirdwell:
BenzNinja (06-03-2023), wildta (06-02-2023)
Old 03-06-2024, 02:06 AM
Voc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB truck 2005
[QUOTE=mekantor;8690653]For this car a C3 multiplexer with DAS is all you need.

Xentry C3 setup. Is there anybody which can help me with the setup of the software.
Everything is installed but the activation I am stucked.
I am from South Africa.
The suppliers here only tell me to get the new version. But I am using it on my trucks of
2002 till 2008.
Any support or via teamviewer or anydesk please.