CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

went to my local dealr yesterday to order a CL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went to my local dealr yesterday to order a CL

My salesman told me to wait two weeks because he got inside info that the 08's will be ready to order and that the MSRP will be very similar. He was going to give me an open may build on the 07.

If I order an '08, how much longer will the wait be for the car to be buiklt or do they simply change from '07 to 08 at some given date in production with no delay in delivery.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Can't give you a solid answer, but maybe this will put things into perspective. The reason why we decided to go with the Obsidian Black CL600 with the AMG package (see https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w216/183786-cl600-should-we-choose.html) and not what we ordered was because when we went to the dealer to look at the Obsidian, we found out that ours had not been allocated by Germany yet. What that meant was that our CL hadn't been put through the production line because they had met their Canadian quota. We would not have received the original order for another 4-6 months - too long to wait.

Apparently, only 86 ML63s were allocated for Canada. The dealer estimated that perhaps less than 20 CL600s were allocated. Granted, US volume is much greater than Canada, but could it be reasonable to assume that a 2008 order won't come for a while if the 2007 quota is still being delivered?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
My salesman told me to wait two weeks because he got inside info that the 08's will be ready to order and that the MSRP will be very similar. He was going to give me an open may build on the 07.

If I order an '08, how much longer will the wait be for the car to be buiklt or do they simply change from '07 to 08 at some given date in production with no delay in delivery.
So, you cancelled your Ebay deal on the launch edition, from a few days ago?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:25 PM

yea, decided on a white/cognac sport

My dumb *** didnt know the LE didnt have a kit on it and I think the CL looks too plain without a kit. AM not an option due to added cost. Cheaper to forfeit deposit....

Live and learn
Old 03-21-2007, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
My dumb *** didnt know the LE didnt have a kit on it and I think the CL looks too plain without a kit. AM not an option due to added cost. Cheaper to forfeit deposit....

Live and learn
I hope you wont get negative feedback by canceling .

As for the AMG package, I agree that w/o that the CL looks plain.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:14 PM

I actually got my deposit back

less $50 relisting fees....

We left each other great feedback