CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

Some newer shots of my 2007 CL 550 Designo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Thumbs up I went to Mansion and Pearl, and Loved it!!

I went to mansion and pearl, and loved it!!! Mansion had the most beautiful bartenders/table dancers I've ever seen!! Everyone of them was my type of woman: voluptuous, sexy, brunette, beautiful big butt(most important feature by far!!), sexy big lips, big *****, perfect tan skin, etc..
And Pearl was very nice also......

My best friend works in the TV industry hosting tv and entertainment events/shows/modeling roll calls/contests, so I got to go and be involved in that stuff too at the new club Indra (the owner is a really nice guy). The models that showed up were stunners!! There were tons of beautiful women at the Loewes Hotel also, which is where I stayed. There seemed to always be atleast one Lambo up front in valet everyday, and my view of the resort and ocean from my suite was just awesome!!

Can't wait to go back again this summer!!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
snoppy doggy dog...i am not dumping on his new ride. I owned a CL W215 as well and love the CL. I couldn't waited to see the new CL..but now that I saw it...I was disappointed with the new design. It hasn't grown on me yet...and probably will never since I've seen it a lot (California). Yes, people are excited because it is a new vehicle...but believe my son...compare this car to any other new Germany cars out there...it does look out dated (exterior wise). AMG version..now that's a car.
Originally Posted by Dog
This guy happy about his new car and apedesign has to dump on him. In my book Ape is a good name fit.

Last edited by apdesign; 05-07-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by SL65amg
Anybody that knows high-end cars knows this car is very very nice all around. You must not know about the new Mercedes models too much.
believe me buddy...i've been waiting a long time to see the new generation CL before swapping in my W215, but now i will rather get an F360...which in the long hall will be in style for a long time...bypassing the new CL bodystyle. I saw an M6 parked side by side with this Cl550...sad to say..but it totally look like a Toyota Solaris (dated compare to the M6). Again everyone/age group have their own opinions, this is just mine. don't worry about what other thinks..just as long as you like it.

Last edited by apdesign; 05-07-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM

no

The AMG package makes it a car? My car is still "the car" buddy. People go ape **** over it every day, sport package or not. In person it is a sick a** ride. It definitely looks way better than the bangled M6. It gets parked up front at every valet in town. I know a guy in town that just got a black M6 coupe, and all the people in our social circle have said even behind my back that they like my car alot better.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but yours is not universally accepted either. Yours is in the minority among Benz fans for sure. Any time you have a new Benz, that is a top line CL, with all the cool gadgets mine has, special paint and leather, wheels, etc... trust me buddy, it is most definitely "the car".
Also, I'm not worried what others think of my car, but you came on here and said my car looks like a toyota solara and is dated and is not "the car". Any reasonable person would see that that's bullsh**.

If you think a new CL can get confused with a Solara, you really don't know the point of driving a high end new Benz.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 PM

there are at least 2 threads in this forum somewhere that talks about the new CL. comments are from real Mercedes fans. read it and you'll get my point. my opinion a minority??? read one of the past post for yourself. end of story.

here is one of the past posted that i found. can't find the one really killed the new w216. u'll lucky i couldn't find it, otherwise yourself and Dog will be really depress.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=w216

Last edited by apdesign; 05-07-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG
damn i want one
Old 05-08-2007, 12:07 PM

Actually, its not the "end of story"

Trust me, I'm not only not depressed about my car, I'm very happy about it. White does not do the car justice, and neither do pics of it anyway.

How bout this: You go be happy with your cars and I be happy with mine, and stop insulting other people's cars. Insulting other people's rides is not what this website was built for. Don't hate, appreciate.

I love my car, and I couldn't give a damn what other people think about it, although I know most members of this forum would agree that my car is very nice and looks nice too.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by apdesign
there are at least 2 threads in this forum somewhere that talks about the new CL. comments are from real Mercedes fans. read it and you'll get my point. my opinion a minority??? read one of the past post for yourself. end of story.

here is one of the past posted that i found. can't find the one really killed the new w216. u'll lucky i couldn't find it, otherwise yourself and Dog will be really depress.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=w216
I did a quick, obviously non-analytical survey of the posts in the above captioned thread.

Out of 33 posts:
11 - Pro
9 - Con
4 - On the fence
9 - No comments

Also, this post was from nearly a year ago, and I don't think many people had actually seen the CL in person.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Thumbs up Thanks MBZFAN55

Thanks MBZFAN55, good call bro.

It's so screwed up how some people like to just come and insult other people's cars, makes no sense. We're here to appreciate and discuss all Benz's, not insult our members' cars.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:45 AM
tjr

Unfortunately sorry to say, but I got to agree with apdesign's comments about the new generation CL. I'm 42, generally these type of vehicle are directed towards the older generation like myself. A buddy of mine is already getting rid of his before it quickly depreciate in value. Beautiful interior though.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
I waited for months for the new CL and when I saw it, the launch edition, I personally didn't care for the look and went with the S550 instead. Once the the AMG's are out, I'm hoping they're more to my taste. However, just because someone doesn't care for the look of a certain body-style, I don't think they're opinion is invalid or that they're personally attacking anyone. I'm failry certain the reason there are hundreds of auto makers producing thousands of different models is because consumers all have different tastes, priorities, financial situations, etc. The CL is not my cup of tea, if it's yours, great. Seems some people around here could lighten up a bit .
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by xraes
I waited for months for the new CL and when I saw it, the launch edition, I personally didn't care for the look and went with the S550 instead. Once the the AMG's are out, I'm hoping they're more to my taste. However, just because someone doesn't care for the look of a certain body-style, I don't think they're opinion is invalid or that they're personally attacking anyone. I'm failry certain the reason there are hundreds of auto makers producing thousands of different models is because consumers all have different tastes, priorities, financial situations, etc. The CL is not my cup of tea, if it's yours, great. Seems some people around here could lighten up a bit .
I agree, there is nothing wrong with offering your opinion on cars, that is what we are all here for. There is however a line of rudeness that some people cross when making their statements.

With that said, I personally prefer the AMG Package on both the S-Class and CL, but it doesn't make them ugly without it. I will also say that all of these new generation Mercedes (W221, W216, and soon W204) really don't look the same in pictures. The previous models (W220, W215, W203) were so elegant and look sculpted, the new designs are a very different approach that I think looks so much better in person than in photographs. I recently saw a Black CL550 with AMG package and I was instantly in love.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
Originally Posted by pmb600
I agree, there is nothing wrong with offering your opinion on cars, that is what we are all here for. There is however a line of rudeness that some people cross when making their statements.

With that said, I personally prefer the AMG Package on both the S-Class and CL, but it doesn't make them ugly without it. I will also say that all of these new generation Mercedes (W221, W216, and soon W204) really don't look the same in pictures. The previous models (W220, W215, W203) were so elegant and look sculpted, the new designs are a very different approach that I think looks so much better in person than in photographs. I recently saw a Black CL550 with AMG package and I was instantly in love.
Well said, the rudeness in both directions is a bore .
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM

exactly

Well put guys. That's all that I and anyone else in these forums can expect, is atleast no rudeness and disrespect. Insulting someone's new car by calling a new CL a Solara or a Hyundai is definitely crossing the line though. There's no need for that. Plus, we all know that no CL looks like a Toyota or Hyundai, it looks like a chic Benz, period.

The last thing anyone expects when dropping well over 100 grand on a car is to have it be put down by others.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:16 PM

Well Said!!!

Well stated xraes! Again...it was just my opinion and I'm not attacking anybody. Some people just needed to lighten up a bit. Some are just too sensitive, guess I can't blame them since they dropped about $114,000 for their car and it will depreciate like hell in a year. This guy somehow just went nuts on me, guess he is so in love with his CL (wife) he got too protective. In no time he will debadge his CL550 into an AMG just likehe did to his CLK, and then you critize him about it he will go nuts on you. It just tells you what kind of person he is.

Originally Posted by xraes

Last edited by apdesign; 05-12-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:22 AM

You're outta your mind bro

To apdesign,

first of all man, I never claimed you attacked me, but you did insult my car. Secondly, I'm not too sensitive, and I really don't care if my car depreciates like hell, I just enjoy driving it. Third, I did not go nuts on you, I only merely stated that this forum is not about insulting other people's cars.

Fourth of all, the CLK has nothing to do with my CL (it cost more than a CLK 55 anyway with all the stuff I put on it, but badging is something that was done once and will never be done again), and there's no way I'd ever badge a CL 550 an AMG.

Fifth, don't say what kind of person you think I am, cuz bro you definitely don't know me like that, so back the f**k off.

Sixth, go f**k yourself.

Last edited by SL65amg; 05-12-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
SL65amg,

Hey buddy, did you do the upgrades yet?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Secondly, I'm not too sensitive, and I really don't care if my car depreciates like hell, I just enjoy driving it.
i think if any of us really cared that much about depreciation we wouldn't be driving these cars. They are for enjoyment. Anyway if you want to solve deprecation problems, one can just lease the thing.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 AM

okay..okay...if it makes you feel better, i'll go and f myself.

To apdesign,

first of all man, I never claimed you attacked me, but you did insult my car. Secondly, I'm not too sensitive, and I really don't care if my car depreciates like hell, I just enjoy driving it. Third, I did not go nuts on you, I only merely stated that this forum is not about insulting other people's cars.

Fourth of all, the CLK has nothing to do with my CL (it cost more than a CLK 55 anyway with all the stuff I put on it, but badging is something that was done once and will never be done again), and there's no way I'd ever badge a CL 550 an AMG.

Fifth, don't say what kind of person you think I am, cuz bro you definitely don't know me like that, so back the f**k off.

Sixth, go f**k yourself.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 AM

i must agree the amg sport package is a must on the new CL... yet i wouldn't say that it looks outdated... the amg package gives it an aggressive edge!

Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 Cabriolet; 2004 CLK500 Cabriolet Designo (sold)
I didn't know they did a Designo option for the 2007 CL. It's not listed on the website as a "build your own" option.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Why do people insist on arguing over aesthetics; it's all subjective!

You might think one girl is hot while I don't, do people fight over that to
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
There are no designo editions for 2007 MY. The OP's car is the Launch Edition which has designo Mocha Black paint. Most Launch Editions usually have designo exterior paint, but they are not "designo editions."