CL-Class (W216) 2007-Present: CL 500, CL 600

How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
CL550
How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse (illuminated star)

I have a 08 CL550,I installed the illuminated start and want to tap into the parking lights. I don't want to it running all the time, just when I turn on the parking lights.

The manual doesn't tell you where the parking fuse is.

Or where can I access the parking wire?

Thanks

Last edited by 98cruiser; 05-22-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz CL 550
If you have xenon lights look behind the headlight straight down you will see the plugs for the lights down there. The 2 wire plug closest to the center of the car has the parking light power. I used those to accent my headlights with some LEDs I bought at Walmart and they look good. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:11 AM

CL550
Originally Posted by Benztech777
If you have xenon lights look behind the headlight straight down you will see the plugs for the lights down there. The 2 wire plug closest to the center of the car has the parking light power. I used those to accent my headlights with some LEDs I bought at Walmart and they look good. Good luck!
Thanks Benztech
yes, I have the Xenon HID. so it actually on the back out the housing, is it hard to get to, any tricks to access it?
are the wires long enough to so I can work on them?

Thanks really appreciate it, Ill inbox my cell so we can text if thats cool.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:37 PM

Its easy to access just pop the hood and like I said look behind the light at the bottom. The 2 wire plug. Un plug it and test the power with a test light. Usually brown wires are ground so it will be another color. Now its up to you to go out there and pop the hood from a forum I cant do it for you!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:25 AM

CL550
Its easy to access just pop the hood and like I said look behind the light at the bottom. The 2 wire plug. Un plug it and test the power with a test light. Usually brown wires are ground so it will be another color. Now its up to you to go out there and pop the hood from a forum I cant do it for you!
well I popped the hood (damn that was so hard to do) lolol
but wasn't able to reach the wires to strip and tap into cause they we too short.
but with the advice you gave me, I will try that today after work if it doesn't rain.
Thanks again bro

Old 05-24-2017, 09:50 AM

I hope it works out for you. As removing the headlight assembly to access is a total nightmare and very involved to do. Another idea is using magic fingers and extra long needle nose pliers to scotch lock the wire to the parking lamp wire. Not easy either. Silicone the wire end into the scotch lock connector and let it dry over night. Then use the long pliers to get it in place and squeeze it. An alternative idea for those who dont want to strip the wire and put it in the connector and plug it in. But hell it worked for me. Soon Ill post a thread with my LED accent light mod so people can see how nice they look at night. Today Im real busy. Maybe tonight I gotta find where I stored the pics.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:36 PM

CL550
I hope it works out for you. As removing the headlight assembly to access is a total nightmare and very involved to do. Another idea is using magic fingers and extra long needle nose pliers to scotch lock the wire to the parking lamp wire. Not easy either. Silicone the wire end into the scotch lock connector and let it dry over night. Then use the long pliers to get it in place and squeeze it. An alternative idea for those who dont want to strip the wire and put it in the connector and plug it in. But hell it worked for me. Soon Ill post a thread with my LED accent light mod so people can see how nice they look at night. Today Im real busy. Maybe tonight I gotta find where I stored the pics.
Thanks again bro, Ill take pics of the process and post them as well
Old 05-24-2017, 09:00 PM

CL550
All done

Thanks to BenzTech
Attached Thumbnails How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse-img_8853.jpg   How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse-img_8854.jpg   How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse-img_8855.jpg   How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse-img_8858.jpg   How can I tap into the parking lights or fuse-img_8864.jpg