CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Farewell guys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Unhappy Farewell guys!

Guys, its been a real pleasure being on this board with you all. But I am sad to say that I will not be around as much, as I have sold my beautiful CL600.

Its going to a good home, Marken S. AKA "Lexlyf" on this board has bought my car. He is travelling to Boston from Maryland tomorrow A.M., I am picking him up from the airport and he is leaving in what was, my baby.

I came here a bit green a little over a year ago, and thanks to the knowledge of many people here I made many mods to my CL and solved many problems.
I also tried to contribute as much as I could, in one year this will be Post #901 for me.

I absolutely adored my CL. I must say Lexlyf is lucky to get this car, because it has been very well cared for. I am sitting here tonight a bit sad... as I washed it for the last time today I was still noticing little details like the "hook" on the back of the trunkmat clip that holds the floor up, and the floor vents underneath the seats for the rear passengers... this car never ceased to amaze me. I truly think it is one of the best engineered cars in the world. You just won't know how good it is until you own one. I actually have a few people upset at me... "what posessed you to sell that car?"

A special thanks to Adam Winer for helping me with my very first newby questions, many thanks to Linh (CLK&SLK) for helping me with many mods, and thanks to Neal at Euroteckmotorsports for the great deals on gear. Can't forget Ricky Agrawal for his omnipresence on this forum... I am not even sure the guy owns an MB... yet really has been a helpful person on this forum.

I will poke around here once in a while and see whats going on and still try to answer some questions. But if Lexlyf ever decides to sell this car guys, its a good one to get (at least it was til it fell into his grubby hands!). :P

I sold my car hoping to get into another CL600. An 05 TT. But that deal fell through and after much test driving and soul searching I went back to the land of the rising sun. Yes, its true, I did. I sure will miss Mr.12. Maybe soon you will see me back on this board with the new CL.

Take care guys, and again, thanks for everything,
Dave
Old 04-22-2006, 04:43 AM

300D
Cl 600

Good luck Dave. It's Joe. We corresponded a while back just after you got your CL600. Thanks for your advice on buying cars at the stealership.
My CL55 deal also fell apart.

Anyway, what car did you replace it with?
Old 04-22-2006, 11:32 AM

NSX
Hey Joe, what happened man? Don't worry there are others out there. If you need help finding something let me know. You can get one from a regular person or dealer as long as its newer and still has a warranty.

I bought a 2005 NSX actually. I really didn't know what I wanted... so knowing that I may sell the car in a year or so, I went with what has the least depreciation. And that car, is the Acura NSX. Its not a CL, but its a fun, fast, reliable car. And unlike a CL, it holds its value like a rock. I may go to a CL65 or a new body CL at some point, but for now this will do.
Attached Thumbnails Farewell guys!-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
hey that looks like that dealer in Dallas ...

where you get that NSX ?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM

300D
Nsx

Good choice. Have you posted yet at NSXprime.com?
I think that car is too young for me. What kind of deal did you get?
I actually prefer the Zanardi edition or 1999-2001 for a better looking front bar with 6 speed.

I tried to get one but my wife won't
allow me.

Last edited by japon; 04-22-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:21 PM

i drive an ///M6
...best of luck to ya, brutha!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Sorry to hear you sold it.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Hope you come back to MB soon!!!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
AMG2GO,

We will definitely missed you. Hope you'll be back someday. It funny that i also thinking of the same car as you when i do sell my CL 55.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 PM

In a way, part of me feels really bad for buying Dave's CL b/c even though I knew he was attached to the car, that notion was reinforced when I went to pick it up today in Boston.

I could see Dave's face inching over to get those last few glances of his CL as I drove around the corner. But Dave, you know your former baby is in good hands.

The drive back was a little crazy with all the rain going on in the mid-atlantic & NE region today. I really have a newfound respect for the CL600 and I'm very excited that my search is over & the real fun begins.

Dave, I have to say here on the forum board that you are a stand up guy that I wold vouch for anytime. You also kept the CL in only what I would call immaculate condition. I found myself cleaning off the driver's side carpet after a few stops to shake the sand/debris loose caused by my shoes.

Tomorrow is suppose to be nice. I have my usual detailer making a special "pass through" on Sunday to get her back to "one." I'll take some pics w/ a brief write up of my initial impressions of the CL600.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 AM

2003 CL500
sorry to see you go. but an NSX??? how could you? oh why?

just kidding, i guess it IS acceptable if it is temporary.

actually, i got serious sights on the honda HSC (new NSX) as my next car. god that thing is straight up HOT FIYA!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Man I wish I had a NSX.
How does it drive? More info stat!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
damn and now I find another boston owner a little too late...from what I gather his name is Dave... Well Dave if you ever want to show that beauty off the local benz and AMG owners meet pretty regularly up here in beantown. You should come out with us sometime...
Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
You can take Dave out of the Mercedes, but you can never take the Mercedes out of Dave......come back when you're ready. We'll be here.

Best of luck to you.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
AMG2GO,
Congrats on the new car and sorry to see you go. I know EXACTLY how you feel. CL owners have strong bonds with their machines. I'm sure this will only be a temporary leave of absence for you and we're looking forward to talking to you again. Best of luck and take care.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 PM

2003 CL600
Hey Dave!

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Hey Joe, what happened man? Don't worry there are others out there. If you need help finding something let me know. You can get one from a regular person or dealer as long as its newer and still has a warranty.

I bought a 2005 NSX actually. I really didn't know what I wanted... so knowing that I may sell the car in a year or so, I went with what has the least depreciation. And that car, is the Acura NSX. Its not a CL, but its a fun, fast, reliable car. And unlike a CL, it holds its value like a rock. I may go to a CL65 or a new body CL at some point, but for now this will do.

Its jeff. we corresponded several times. I bought my Cl600 from the same place you bought the NSX. Len critcher is a good guy.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by raycanales
hey that looks like that dealer in Dallas ...

where you get that NSX ?
Yes, ecarlink in Dallas. It has a bit over 3000 miles on it.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by japon
Good choice. Have you posted yet at NSXprime.com?
I think that car is too young for me. What kind of deal did you get?
I actually prefer the Zanardi edition or 1999-2001 for a better looking front bar with 6 speed.

I tried to get one but my wife won't
allow me.
NSXprime is a very active large member community. And these guys over the past ten years have done everything possible to the NSX and know it inside out. I bought the NSX for 72K. Zanardi is nice, but I do prefer the look of the 02+.

Its a different world. The difference between an NSX thats 5 years old and has 40K miles and one that is new is very small. In MB world that would be a WORLD of difference. Those guys are used to that small a depreciation factor. To me its nuts to buy an older one. I mean its almost like buying an accord... its that kind of small depreciation. For a semi-exotic, that is just phenomenal. Its one of the main reasons I bought it.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
AMG2GO,

We will definitely missed you. Hope you'll be back someday. It funny that i also thinking of the same car as you when i do sell my CL 55.
Linh you would be in heaven every mod in the world is available for it. I already bought a Comptech Supercharger for it!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:09 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by phat-ho
just kidding, i guess it IS acceptable if it is temporary.

actually, i got serious sights on the honda HSC (new NSX) as my next car. god that thing is straight up HOT FIYA!!!
So do I... the HSC, the Infiniti GT-R, the Lexus LF-A all look very promising... its a Japanese assault.

I know, the NSX is no CL600.. I will be the first to admit. The 600 is supremely comfortable and luxurious... but the NSX is a terrific car. Very fun. Outstanding handling. I may come back in another year or so. We will see what the new CL is like and what CL65's are going for.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:13 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Man I wish I had a NSX.
How does it drive? More info stat!
Don't know yet Ricky, its 2 weeks away (paperwork)... but I already have a boatload of Comptech parts for it, supercharger, headers, titanium exhaust, intake. It will make about 400 HP. Keep in mind its a 3000 pound all aluminum car. I will give you a full report later!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 PM

NSX
Guys thanks for the kind words. This is a slow but great forum. Everyone here for the most part is very mature there is some real immaturity on other forums. I will linger here for a while I guess but since Lexlyf stole my MB I really won't have as much to talk about. I think its great that I found a buyer on the forum and he found a car here. IMO its the best way to buy a car. because anyone on this forum is an enthusiast that takes care of their car.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't know yet Ricky, its 2 weeks away (paperwork)... but I already have a boatload of Comptech parts for it, supercharger, headers, titanium exhaust, intake. It will make about 400 HP. Keep in mind its a 3000 pound all aluminum car. I will give you a full report later!
I really can't wait.
The NSX is one of those dream cars that can never come true for me.
I don't have the cash for one now, and when I do, it won't have the same appeal or allure it has now
Old 04-24-2006, 11:05 PM

.......I will linger here for a while I guess but since Lexlyf stole my MB I really won't have as much to talk about.
Yup. I took it alright and I'm not gonna' give it back! Let's talk about how you were drifting your Element through those tunnels at Logan!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG2GO,

Good choice. Damn it... you got me start looking at NSX now. I just can't believe that they do keep their value better than Mercedes...that's pretty sad. Well come back sometime and check out the resurrection of my CL from that huge accident soon. Still in the shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Farewell guys!