CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

05 CL65 on ebay by chicagomotorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CL55 Blk
Talking 05 CL65 on ebay by chicagomotorcars

Hi, anyone have experiences with chicagomotorcars on ebay? I have been searching & waiting for 05 CL65 / Blk for a few months... was thinking that W215 will drop a bit more when W216 go on sale. Love W216 AMG, but there is no way that i can afford it

kelvin
Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by TaiKe
Hi, anyone have experiences with chicagomotorcars on ebay? I have been searching & waiting for 05 CL65 / Blk for a few months... was thinking that W215 will drop a bit more when W216 go on sale. Love W216 AMG, but there is no way that i can afford it

kelvin
I've been looking also. No parktronic. If I'm paying this type of money for a car it should be loaded. Parktronic is a must for me at least. Good price for the car otherwise. I'm still waiting for a better deal.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
hello Taike, I am from vancouver too, are you sure it is a good time to import a benz from us, with all the red tape that is going on with mb canada? I almost bought a cl55 but had to bail becuase they wanted the VIN ahead of time.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:45 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by TaiKe

kelvin
Those guys are top notch. I hate car salesmen, but these guys actually DO care about your satisfaction. Buy with confidence from Chicago Motorcars.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:35 PM

2001 CL55 Blk
thank you guys for all the replies...

hi, france2112.. lack of parktronci is also my concern.. i once accidentally disabled my car's parktronic and KISSED the wall while parking in downtown underground parking. Besides, I really prefer a stock CL65, with stock rims too

hello, nimae.. The pre-owned CL price difference between canada and states is HUGE... It seems we dont' have much choice in Canada.. I was thinking to trade in my 01 for a 03 or later CL.. But no luck ... There was one or two CL 65 on mbcanada 3 months ago, but the asking price was more than 180K...>_<
by the way, are you searching for a CL as well?
Old 10-07-2006, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
im from vancouver as well...i was looking to get a 03+cl600 and the only one that mbcanada has is in quebec...79000 is a reasonable price but im worried about the rust because of the winters down there...i was on mbusa and the price difference is huge...the only thing i think i will get annoyed with would be the cluster....anyone know if you can change it from mph to kms and how much...thanks
Old 10-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
taike, I am have in the market for cl55 for a long time, but mbcanada, only honors the original warranty, not the extended warranty, appearently you can't even buy an extended warranty for it here in canada. have you found out about a company that would do the importation for you, I was thinking to have it shipped and they will pass it through the boarder for me and deliver it to one of the customs offices in burnaby or surrey, and i clear it there.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:12 PM

300HP TURBO GSXR
I've done some research into this. On a SL65. The Cost to make the necessary changes so it can be imported into Canada is $6,000 CDN . That inlcudes Mods to bumpers,Change Cluster to KM's and running lights etc..Well worth it...But the ext...warranty issue can be a problem..MB Canada MSRP is way out of wack compared to the US . Needless to say I will never buy another highend car in Canada again...Also best is to have the car shipped an hour from port of entry and bring it across yourself. You must fax a copy of title to US Customs so they can clear it and they require a min of 48 hours before you cross. Hope this helps..
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 AM

2001 CL55 Blk
Hi, Jay97. Thanks for the info. Please post follow-up after you imported SL65 or other MB car. I am planning to import a Blk CL65 between March - June in 2007. Somehow, I feel the CL65 price could drop more after W216 go on sale at end of this year.

Hello, nimae. I am planning to do the importation by myself.
According to riv.ca , we need to provide "model,model year,and VIN" to MB Canada, so we can get an official letter of admissibility. I guess they just revised the list. Now, they dont' list any admissable model for benz...
If you check and compare the MSRP in mbusa and mbcanada... you will really be pissed by the huge gap between them.. the exchange rate is 1 USD = 1.14.... But the price difference is like.... at least 30%???
Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
taike, very true. the only other concern besides all the hassel of importation is the warranty. i don't know if it possible to buy the extended in a mb dealership in washington state close by and just drive over when things need to be fixed. have you checked if ICBC will insure the CL65 at all. they have a list they go by.

my friend Just imported a 2006 porsch 911 from florida, head ache free. cost him 90 grand CDN all costs in, would have costed him 130 if purchased in vancouver. he said he had noticed a lot more high end cars in the market now than last year, must be the slowing economy in states
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM

2001 CL55 Blk
Hello again, nimae ^^

I am drooling over the blk CL65 carsourceusa is selling on ebay ...
exactly what i am looking for:
1. Stock rims & orinigal AMG body kits, Blk on Blk
2. Parktronic
3. Low mileage
Reserve Price is 109,000 USD

Link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Regarding to ICBC policy on CL65, yes, they will insure it. I asked my friend who works in car insurance. He confirmed that. Besides, I even asked him to check the valuation of cars imported from usa (kind of resale value that ICBC use). The price is not that great on icbc's book.. BC (local car) > out of province in canada > imported from USA > imported from other countires.
But I think the saving on price outweight it.. so, i dont' really care, ^^
Congrats on your friend's 911 !!! I hope I can get mine asap too .
by the way, i need to figure out a best way for the warranty stuffs. I will see what i can find..
Old 10-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
hey taike, sweet pics, I noticed that It does not have a keyless go, if you are paying that much, it is a great option to have, think about it, it is the one option used most often. one sick car other than that.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Is that an aftermarket steering wheel? I didn't think the AMG cars were available with a wood wheel.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM

05 CL65AMG / 00 BMW M5
Thumbs down Chicago Motor Cars

I purchased a 2005 CL65-AMG from Chicago Motor Cars last september with approx. 9000 miles on it.
They are a really nice crew but I had a few costly suprises which were unexpected. All 4 rotors and pads were worn out and three of the AMG 5 spoke wheels were bent beyond repair. They said the car needed nothing and was in excellent conditon.
Cheers
Old 01-13-2007, 01:37 AM

If i were going to drop that kind of $ on a car, i would fly there and have it inspected by a third party.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:24 PM

05 CL65AMG / 00 BMW M5
I would never buy a car with out seeing it. I did not buy thru e-bay. I was @ Chicago Motor Cars and did see the car. The car was / is amazing but had vibtration problem which they told me was a tire issue. They promised to take care of it before shippment so I left a deposit.
To make a long story short the car went to a local MB dealer to be inspected, repaired and serviced. C.M.C advised that the vibration was the front tire and that it had been repaired. No mention of bent wheels or rotor problems and no service or other.
I love the car and have no regrets or grudges against Chicago Motor Car. I just did'nt need the extra hassel and cost of wheels and brakes particularly when they stated that the car had been serviced and inspected.
I am cautiously optimistic that I will get many years of (hopefully trouble free) tire shreading fun from this car.
Cheers