CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL65 Renntech Stage 2 on the way....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2006 | 02:40 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
CL65 Renntech Stage 2 on the way....

I just left Dynocomp in Scottsdale, and scheduled the install of Renntech ECU, Tranny re-map, airbox, and lowering module. It goes in on Tuesday. Can anyone with these mods comment on the added performance and power? Any problems that you may have experienced? I know Renntech is one of the top tuners so I feel pretty confident, and I have heard many great things about Dynocomp. Also, should I keep the AMG badge, or replace with the Renntech badge? Your input is appreciated please.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by Noredline; 12-08-2006 at 02:42 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-08-2006 | 06:09 PM

^- you're crazy! Do what you want as far as the badges.. wanna be really sneaky take them all off
Old 12-08-2006 | 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Noredline
should I keep the AMG badge
Thanks,
Dave
Yes
Old 12-08-2006 | 08:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2007 CLK63 Cab
For lowering you should consider

www.adjustableairride.com

Really good deal.
Old 12-08-2006 | 08:55 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by John V.
For lowering you should consider

www.adjustableairride.com

Really good deal.

225$ That is cheap any idea on what they are doing? I just dropped my sl last night via renntech elm.
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
225$ That is cheap any idea on what they are doing? I just dropped my sl last night via renntech elm.
He's offering an air ride for a hydraulic suspension.

Don't you wish that you thought of that?
Old 12-09-2006 | 12:23 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Thanks

For the tips and advice. I'll go "stealth" and leave all badging as is. Hey, any wear and tear issues on the tranny or diff that I should know about. Does all that extra torque over work the diff?

Dave
Old 12-12-2006 | 02:17 PM

2005 CL65
Please keep us posted on your results. Before and after dyno numbers and 1/4 mile results would be great. I'm planning on similar mods next year, but the car's number one need right now is TRACTION. Trying to decide what kind of rubber should replace the Pilot Sports right now....
Old 12-13-2006 | 08:51 PM
Banned

AMGs
Cant wait to hear the result...
Old 12-13-2006 | 09:06 PM

2003 CL55 stage 4 Renntech and 2006 CLS55 AMG
Yes please post Dyno when its done.
Congrats! she is going to be a beast!
Old 12-13-2006 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Make sure you ask Richard about Stage 3.
Old 12-13-2006 | 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
hey dave,

i was just in there today and saw your car on the dyno (at least i'm assuming it was your car...a black cl65). what a beauty!!!

i didn't get to see your license plate so take it easy on me if you see a blacked out e55 thinking he can take you!
Old 12-13-2006 | 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
let's see that dyno graph! keep the AMG badges....
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:26 AM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Soon.....

Hi, and thanks for the input and interest. It is not done just yet. I am dying to drive this thing. Yeah Chiromikey, I'm sure that was mine on the dyno yesterday. Where you at? We should hit the 1/4's one Friday soon?

It was sposed to be done Tuesday, but unfortunately the driver side air box was damaged in shipping, so a new one got overnighted for Wednesday. Then, when on the dyno, they noticed a pressure sensor was throwing an error code with the extra power. I think they are getting a new sensor from the dealer and it should be done today.

My baseline dyno numbers (told to me over the phone) were about 485 rwhp/610 rwt which sounds about right with the 20% loss. I cant wait to see what it does when it is done.

I will get the dyno numbers up for you but may need help posting them.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-14-2006 | 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi, and thanks for the input and interest. It is not done just yet. I am dying to drive this thing. Yeah Chiromikey, I'm sure that was mine on the dyno yesterday. Where you at? We should hit the 1/4's one Friday soon?

It was sposed to be done Tuesday, but unfortunately the driver side air box was damaged in shipping, so a new one got overnighted for Wednesday. Then, when on the dyno, they noticed a pressure sensor was throwing an error code with the extra power. I think they are getting a new sensor from the dealer and it should be done today.

My baseline dyno numbers (told to me over the phone) were about 485 rwhp/610 rwt which sounds about right with the 20% loss. I cant wait to see what it does when it is done.

I will get the dyno numbers up for you but may need help posting them.

Thanks,
Dave
sounds great! you may get some saying those numbers are a bit low but dynocomp uses a dyno dynamics machine which reads about 10% lower than a dynojet so you're right there.

i think you should take her right over to firebird for their friday night drags. just bring a helmet and go beat the hell out of some vettes, mustangs, and vipers (if they'll even run with you). depending on how my friday goes, i'm planning to be there.
Old 12-16-2006 | 01:31 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Good news, bad news.....

Well, the good news it that the Renntech lowering module does wonders for this car. It is set at 2 and looks very agressive!! Other good news includes the fact that when Dynocomp called the dealer to get the pressure sensor looked at, they found that the car had never had any computer updates from Mercedes when they ran the VIN. So, the flashes or updates were done by Mercedes, and my stock rear wheel numbers are better. I am putting down 510 RWHP and an amazing 670 RWT. I will have the dyno sheet scanned when I get back to work on Wednesday for your viewing.

The bad news is, my car is unable to get the stage 2 done at this time. For some reason, there are sections of the computer file that are somehow blocked, and cannot be read and updated by Renntech. Very strange, they are working on a solution, and may be able to get it figured out next week. So for now, I am stuck with a very strong, lowered 65 I suppose life could be much much worse!!! Any thoughts or input you may have about this mystery would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-17-2006 | 05:11 PM

SL65 AMG
Well, the good news it that the Renntech lowering module does wonders for this car. It is set at 2 and looks very agressive!! Other good news includes the fact that when Dynocomp called the dealer to get the pressure sensor looked at, they found that the car had never had any computer updates from Mercedes when they ran the VIN. So, the flashes or updates were done by Mercedes, and my stock rear wheel numbers are better. I am putting down 510 RWHP and an amazing 670 RWT. I will have the dyno sheet scanned when I get back to work on Wednesday for your viewing.

The bad news is, my car is unable to get the stage 2 done at this time. For some reason, there are sections of the computer file that are somehow blocked, and cannot be read and updated by Renntech. Very strange, they are working on a solution, and may be able to get it figured out next week. So for now, I am stuck with a very strong, lowered 65 I suppose life could be much much worse!!! Any thoughts or input you may have about this mystery would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I installed the elm last week or so and love the look of the car now. Very strong numbers too. What did dyno comp say about the blocked ecu. Had they seen this before? Makes me wonder how they didnt know about this or if it is just your car. I am getting ready to tune my car and am still undecided on who to use. I may wait and see what happens with you car. I just saw an add for a 2007 s65 for sale with renntech ecu and they "claim" 695hp and 850lbft which is pretty good. Keep us posted on your car.
Old 12-17-2006 | 05:27 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
They thought that maybe it had been tuned once before, then flashed back to normal. I am going to check with Kleeman on Monday and see if they ever tuned my VIN in the past. If so, may need to do a Kleeman due to software. I went with Renntech because there are a lot more Renntech 65's than there are Kleeman 65's. I think Renntech gets more power to the ground due to the airbox/stage 2, and Kleeman can only do the ECU I believe.
Old 12-17-2006 | 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Good idea to get it check out first. I think Renntech will be able to reprogram the ECU, but have to figure out what blocked the ECU from reading the new file.
Old 12-17-2006 | 05:58 PM

SL65 AMG
They thought that maybe it had been tuned once before, then flashed back to normal. I am going to check with Kleeman on Monday and see if they ever tuned my VIN in the past. If so, may need to do a Kleeman due to software. I went with Renntech because there are a lot more Renntech 65's than there are Kleeman 65's. I think Renntech gets more power to the ground due to the airbox/stage 2, and Kleeman can only do the ECU I believe.
I agree seems to be all renntech 65's I talk to but that is only like 4 cars. Let me know how it goes and what your dyno says. The only dynos I have seen from renntech are from renntech not any private owners. I just want like 700hp and 840lbft and I will be happy. For the money thats about a 80-90hp gain and 100lbft so not to crazy I think. I may be in AZ at some point to run the cars maybe we can meet up and see what they can do.
Old 12-17-2006 | 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks,
Dave
wow...this sounds a LOT like the recall flash that mb put on the e55's in an attempt to prevent aftermarket tuning.

mb is going to lose a lot of once loyal customers if they keep this up.
Old 12-18-2006 | 02:08 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Yeah, hard to say if this is because of a pre-existing issue or due to the updates that the dealer did the other day. Hoping to hear something from Dynocomp and Renntech with a program.

D
Old 12-20-2006 | 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good luck and definitely keep us updated!!!