CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

cl65 for 79k...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
where can I find out when my warranty expires on my 2003 CL55 maybe Ill pull the trigger on a 05 CL65 myself
I mean online instead of calling the stealership tomorrow

thank you
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM

2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
Originally Posted by ScottCLS55
That car can be bought for 76k.. If it didn't sell on ebay it will be at auction next week.

the CL65 or that Ferrari?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 612 Scaglietti
That car can be bought for 76k.. If it didn't sell on ebay it will be at auction next week.
Lucky you, you have the sunroof option. That is one of the hardest options to find on Ferrari's. Nice car.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 PM

Lexus
the CL65 or that Ferrari?..hmmm.. CL65..

"Lucky you, you have the sunroof option. That is one of the hardest options to find on Ferrari's. Nice car"

Thanks! The sport carbon fiber seats are rare also..I've heard they were a 10k option. I haven't seen another 360 optioned exactly the same(color, seats, shields, sunroof) yet.. and I hope I don't..
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 AM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question Hey Scott, R U planning on modding your 360 Modena?

Hey Scott, are you planning to mod your 360 modena coupe? I could imagine that going from the mega torque S/C V-8 in your CLS 55 to a N/A V-8 with half the torque might seem a little much. I know there is one German company that offers a twin-supercharger option for the 360 modena. That would make it even faster than a Gallardo Superleggera. Considering some of this stuff? Very sweet Ferrari by the way. I think after a few years of driving my CL 550 I'm gonna just have an old cheap used S or CL class as my daily driver, and then have a nice exotic sports car also for my weekend fun car. I sure would love a Gallardo Spyder or Murcielago, but we'll just have to wait and see how far the market will bring the prices down on those.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Lexus
Ferrari

no major mods planned. Just exhaust and Air filters.

Its totally different from the cls.. I thought it would feel slower but it doesn't. I have a testing place I have run all of my cars, a little bit over an 1/8 mile I guess. The cls would get to 80 the 360 gets to one tick below 90mph.. So I guess the 360 is faster, but its a lot of work in a 360 6-speed compared to a CLS55.

I don't use the 360 as the daily driver.. I'm looking for an 03-04 S600 to use as a daily. I have to compromise a little to compensate for the 360. The sound the Ferrari radiates is SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Every day when I get home I go for a ride.. looking for a tunnel
Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
That CL65 was bought at auction for 77K approx. 2 months ago. Also you should know the guy at the dealership is actively driving it. He told me when I called. He said he's not going to make a lot of money on it so he might as well enjoy it for a little. Just FYI. Good Luck.

I'm looking for a CL65 also but was hesitant to buy that one because of the wheels and knowing it is actively being driven. That is just my thinking. Still a good deal for a car of this caliber.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by france2112
That CL65 was bought at auction for 77K approx. 2 months ago. Also you should know the guy at the dealership is actively driving it. He told me when I called. He said he's not going to make a lot of money on it so he might as well enjoy it for a little. Just FYI. Good Luck.

I'm looking for a CL65 also but was hesitant to buy that one because of the wheels and knowing it is actively being driven. That is just my thinking. Still a good deal for a car of this caliber.
Dealers often do that over here. My current two cars were bought new but I bought a P-car that the owner of the dealerships wife was driving a couple of years back. I don't see the problem
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by transferred
Dealers often do that over here. My current two cars were bought new but I bought a P-car that the owner of the dealerships wife was driving a couple of years back. I don't see the problem
I'm not saying it is a problem for you but for me. I don't want a car that is being actively driven and putting on more miles on a car with already 30K plus miles. Also, the tires do not fit the car appropriately since it normally should take a staggard size with a larger rear width. This is just my opinion. I hope someone does buy the car and enjoy the hell out of it. It still is a great car and just above wholesale price.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by SL65amg
I think we can all agree on atleast 1 thing with this CL65, and that is that as soon as you buy it, immediately go to your favorite authorized Benz dealer and buy the extended factory warranty asap!!

The Carbon Fiber airbox from Renntech, yes I forgot that one, definitely get that also

Actually Adam, as far as power is concerned, I've actually heard from my local dealer that 800 horsepower has been seen on some 65's that've had work done on them. 750 seems reasonable these days, considering that most likely the tuners have learned how to extract more out of them than when they were first introduced to the market.

How much power does Treynor's SL65 put out now?
And what has he done to it so far?

As far as Renntech strengthening the trans, you'd have to call them to get the exact technical details of the work done, but supposedly it's essential if you're gonna have over 900 lb/ft of torque at your disposal day in/day out. And you know you're gonna wanna gun the crap out of it and smoke as many bimmers as you possibly can every time.

Ben has the ECU/TCU/CF airbox and the RT exhaust. By the way, i think Roger is back and he's going to the track soon. I am dyno-ing his car tomorrow btw.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Ben has the ECU/TCU/CF airbox and the RT exhaust. By the way, i think Roger is back and he's going to the track soon. I am dyno-ing his car tomorrow btw.
You better post results
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Still looking...
I've seen that car in person. They have been trying to sell it for months. I flew out there to buy it, got there and was very disapppointed.

It was misrepresented to me over the phone. I was told it showroom ,flawless, had not been in an accident, etc.

Well rough paint, chrome, front end repainted (poorly), etc. I personally don't think it's worth $75-and when I saw it it had AMG rims. Don't know why they changed them.

Another accident perhaps?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
thanks, I'm holding out for a CPO one...
Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiDave
I've seen that car in person. They have been trying to sell it for months. I flew out there to buy it, got there and was very disapppointed.

It was misrepresented to me over the phone. I was told it showroom ,flawless, had not been in an accident, etc.

Well rough paint, chrome, front end repainted (poorly), etc. I personally don't think it's worth $75-and when I saw it it had AMG rims. Don't know why they changed them.

I spoke with them over the phone and they told me also the car was perfect with no paint work. I friggin hate car dealers!!! They are so dishonest it makes me sick!!! Good thing you actually were smart enough to fly out there and look at it rather then buying it site unseen. By the way those are not real AMG rims. They are cheap replicas. They sold the original rims for profit and put on the cheap ones to sell with the car.

Now I don't know what to do? I am looking at a 2005 CL65 with 30K miles in California that is being represented as very clean but I can't make it out there to look at it myself. Price is around 80K. I was going to have it inspected by a mobile car inspector but I just don't trust anyone anymore. I'll have to think this one over very carefully especially after hearing your story.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by MiamiDave

Damn, it looked like an awesome deal. I should have known...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
v12 turbos can't get warrantied....tried a few before buying my E55....
I thought MB offered an extended waranty to 100K miles for xtra dollars.

Are they not doing it for the V12s?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by france2112
I spoke with them over the phone and they told me also the car was perfect with no paint work. I friggin hate car dealers!!! They are so dishonest it makes me sick!!! Good thing you actually were smart enough to fly out there and look at it rather then buying it site unseen. By the way those are not real AMG rims. They are cheap replicas. They sold the original rims for profit and put on the cheap ones to sell with the car.

Now I don't know what to do? I am looking at a 2005 CL65 with 30K miles in California that is being represented as very clean but I can't make it out there to look at it myself. Price is around 80K. I was going to have it inspected by a mobile car inspector but I just don't trust anyone anymore. I'll have to think this one over very carefully especially after hearing your story.
If your talking about the one at the FJ Dealership, beware. It think it may have some new paint on the bumpers. Check it out, it's just too clean for 30K miles. Try a paint meter on the body!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Still looking...
I hope it rots there. It is not black, but that black opal.

Absolutely had the pax front bumper replaced and/or repainted poorly. You could feel the overspray like sandpaper. I even tried to see if they had any products that would lift it...couldn't produce any Gave me some weak bottle of spray that didn't do *****. Thought it was only water, too.

Looks rough, and they never bothered to detail it either. Here I am flying in from Florida, agreeing if purchase it at $82K if all is well. Once the salesmen picked me up, and I detected the attitude "...so what if it's been crashed L@@K at the price!" I was tweaked and I KNEW what was coming. As soon as I got there he wanted me to hop in and pull it out for a spin. I inspected it first, noticing the blatant stuff, pulled it out into the light, noticed more signs of not being kept up, and finally said no thanks. Please drive me back to the hotel. Drove back from Alabama to South Florida furious at those b@$tard$.

It looked rough...maybe a professional detail would have brought some of it back, and I was trying to justify the trip, getting back, etc. and then I was like !@@# you, you lied to me about this, what else?

Sorry for the tangent, but that was some weak stuff. Drag a guy 800 miles from home on BS. Like I said, I believe they paid $76-77 at the auction for it, and I hope they can't unload until the mid $60's...