CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

030 AMG Performance Package for CL63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
030 AMG Performance Package for CL63

Can someone explain what's included in the 030 AMG Performance Package for the CL63? How hard is it to locate a car with this option thats currently in the united states?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S63 AMG 4Matic
Hi Deniska,

I once asked you whether there was a big difference in driving between your CLS 63 and your CL 63.

A couple of weeks ago I drove the CL 63 and I was pleasantly surprised by the compromise between sportiness and comfort.

I ordered a new CL 63 which will be delivered somewhere in January.

Coming back to your question: In Europe the only physical difference between the CL 63 with performance package and one without is a speed limitation to 300 km/h instead of 250 km/h. There are NO other differences as opposed to other cars such as the CLS 63. There the performance package includes among other things more powerful brakes, other rims, ....

This can be found on the website of AMG: www.mercedes-amg.com
Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 PM

2008 CL63 AMG
The 030 package accoring to the CL dealer brochure supposedly includes 3 items:

1) delimination of speed to 186mph
2) AMG 20" twin spoke design rims
3) carbon fiber interior.

I had placed an order for a black CL63 with the 030 package that arrived last week. Unfortunately when it arrived there was no carbon fiber. The dealer then told me that the carbon fiber only comes on the European models 030 cars. I then told him I did not want the car as I was not going to spend $7K on some rims that I was going to change out anyway.

In order to try and convince me to take that car and not wait or order another one, he then came back and tried to tell me that the 030 package had two additional features the regular CL63's did not have.

It had the suspension specifically tuned to the turns on the Nuremberg track and it had a rear LSD.

I basically laughed at the fact that he pulled that info out of his *** becasue you cannot find written proof of that anywhere and neither could he offer me any sort of written proof!!!!

So I went to a different delaer and got exactly what I wanted without the 030.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLS450, 2021 Porsche 911 Cab
Originally Posted by astral_essence

I had placed an order for a black CL63 with the 030 package that arrived last week. Unfortunately when it arrived there was no carbon fiber. The dealer then told me that the carbon fiber only comes on the European models 030 cars. I then told him I did not want the car as I was not going to spend $7K on some rims that I was going to change out anyway.

In order to try and convince me to take that car and not wait or order another one, he then came back and tried to tell me that the 030 package had two additional features the regular CL63's did not have.

It had the suspension specifically tuned to the turns on the Nuremberg track and it had a rear LSD.

I basically laughed at the fact that he pulled that info out of his *** becasue you cannot find written proof of that anywhere and neither could he offer me any sort of written proof!!!!

Hope this helps.
What color was your car? Does you dealer still have it in stock? If yes please pm me dealer info. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CL63, 2008 S63, 2008 ML 63, 2008 S65
i got the p30 package on my CL 63 it took them about 2 weeks to locate the car a secure it with a trade from another dealership... i was told the package included an LSD but the package didn't include the carbon interior that is a seprate option the goes along with the exterior carbon fiber trim
Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 AM

'08 sl65 08 c63 '06
The CL63 Performance Package

To all:

According to product management inside MBUSA the Performance package on the CL and S63 includes only the rims and the delimitation feature. This is a big difference from the SL, CLS, etc that have more elaborate Performance Packages including and LSD and a couple of other refinements. MBUSA said that in the two big cars, the inclusion of an LSD would not make a significant enough improvement to justify cost.

In any case, no need to speculate any longer--just pick up the '08 S and CL Class brochures and go to the back to take a look at the AMG Performance Package contents. You will then have it in the proverbial black and white.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:25 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
I got some questions here:

1. Is it possible to have a non-030 equipped CL63 programmed to a limit of 186mph at my local dealer? If not, why not?

2. How much would be the cost on labor to switch the entire wood-trim of the CL63 to a different color?

3. Does anybody know the price of a set of the 4 wheels that are included in the 030-package?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting the designo-package and retro-fitting the entire 030-package (incl. Carbon trim) since I can't get these features from the factory...

Thanks for your input...
Old 11-11-2007, 12:46 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
I got some questions here:

1. Is it possible to have a non-030 equipped CL63 programmed to a limit of 186mph at my local dealer? If not, why not?

2. How much would be the cost on labor to switch the entire wood-trim of the CL63 to a different color?

3. Does anybody know the price of a set of the 4 wheels that are included in the 030-package?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting the designo-package and retro-fitting the entire 030-package (incl. Carbon trim) since I can't get these features from the factory...

Thanks for your input...
Have deep doubt re: anything aftermkt, or auth dealer-installed/modified, or not fully covered by factory warranty.....we're in an era of robotic mfg where, e.g., a replacement windshield (even by auth dealer) is highly suspect.....

030 wheels are apparently not physically available in US last wk (colleague had a scraped 030 wheel and wanted replacement); need to be shipped from Germany and dealer needs to provide VIN to verify it's an 030 car; each wheel is ?$2800....

To each his own.....to me, CL63 030 is incredibly cheap vs value offered; lease a new copy every 6mos or so.....no one really knows what are the decay curves of these tires/wheels/brakes....and I have zero interest in dealer (or anyone's) svc work or alteration of factory specs/installation....would rather just get a new copy after 6mos/5K mis of exuberant use.....sort of like iPods/smartphones, but w/a hugely different safety risk w/decayed/obsolete/modified/altered cars......
Old 11-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by WSH
Have deep doubt re: anything aftermkt, or auth dealer-installed/modified, or not fully covered by factory warranty.....we're in an era of robotic mfg where, e.g., a replacement windshield (even by auth dealer) is highly suspect.....

030 wheels are apparently not physically available in US last wk (colleague had a scraped 030 wheel and wanted replacement); need to be shipped from Germany and dealer needs to provide VIN to verify it's an 030 car; each wheel is ?$2800....

To each his own.....to me, CL63 030 is incredibly cheap vs value offered; lease a new copy every 6mos or so.....no one really knows what are the decay curves of these tires/wheels/brakes....and I have zero interest in dealer (or anyone's) svc work or alteration of factory specs/installation....would rather just get a new copy after 6mos/5K mis of exuberant use.....sort of like iPods/smartphones, but w/a hugely different safety risk w/decayed/obsolete/modified/altered cars......
You're probably right - I think the hassle would be too much..

Oh, BTW, I just read one of your previous posts where you special ordered the sport steering-wheel on the CL65.

I'm curious on how to place special orders here in the USA and what they charge you for that. Is there a 'Flatrate' per feature? What kind of options can be ordered? I assume US only...Thanks!

Last edited by FloridaE55; 11-11-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Hello, everyone:

I opted for a non-030 CL63 because I don't like the twin spoke wheels and couldn't justify spending the $7000 for a speed that I would never achieve in the US. Value is one thing, but reality is another. I'm attaching a pdf that was sent to me a while back by Robert Daschill from AMG, when I was in the process of ordering my CL. Hope it helps to clear up any doubts about availability of options, colors, etc..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CL-Class_my08 DOG.pdf (1.77 MB, 1081 views)
The following users liked this post:
kpuri (10-02-2023)
Old 11-11-2007, 03:42 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by neodoc
Hello, everyone:

I opted for a non-030 CL63 because I don't like the twin spoke wheels and couldn't justify spending the $7000 for a speed that I would never achieve in the US. Value is one thing, but reality is another. I'm attaching a pdf that was sent to me a while back by Robert Daschill from AMG, when I was in the process of ordering my CL. Hope it helps to clear up any doubts about availability of options, colors, etc..

Neodoc,

Thanks for that interesting file. As it is typical for mbusa (), there are some errors: The CL65 i.e. comes with the 'stanard' AMG-wheels and not with the twin spokes from the 030. I'm also not sure about their comment that you can't get a heated steering-wheel on the CL65 - according to edmunds.com, you can (since t IS a wood/leather one)...

I think I might go with a pre-owned 2008 CL65 in April. Prices should be close to the one of a new and fully loaded CL63.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 PM

2014 S63 AMG 4Matic
Originally Posted by neodoc
Hello, everyone:

Hi Neodoc,

Partly share your point of view. In Europe they charge around 3500 € (now more than 5000 USD) for the speed delimitation. For that reason I didn't opt for the P030 package either.

The twin spoke wheels however are NOT part of the P030 package in Europe. Since I find those wheels absolutely stunning (like many others I presume), I ordered them as a factory option.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 PM

well I just ordered a Nov 1 build got the VIN#

A couple of interseting points to the attachment.

They say P2 package is TBD for 08 as to whether is will be offered as an option or standard. I deleted these useless to me (electronics) in my car. I thought I'd put the $4000 elsewhere (ECU upgrade and lowering kit, etc).

I wonder will my car ship with P2 afterall. I say this because when we built my car on the computer, we deleted the P2 option but when they built it, MB included P2 on their own on the build spec. We thought it was a typo and did a change to delete P2 once again to attept to lower the MSRP. I'm wondering if they added it becasue for '08 they are offering it as standard now.

Does anyone have the link you can go to to see your final build becasue I do have the VIN#.

They mention that Cognac is available for the CL63. It is not.

They make no mention of Carbon Fiber for anything other than the anniversary edition. I paid the $7K for the option to order carbon and if it does not come with carbon, I will refuse the car. I am hoping that in Astrals case, the dealer simply forgot to order the code and made the mistake and is lying about it not being available in US with carbon. In fact there is a member on this forum who has carbon on his CL63 that I talked to but he did not post pics as I asked of him and he may be in Europe, I didn't ask. He may also be full of **** and be a troll because he said he didnt know how to post pics on the forum (which I easily explained to him how).

Well so here we are...

DOES ANYONE ON THIS FORUM OWN, HAS SEEN, RECEIVED, OR OTHERWISE HAVE PROOF THAT A CL63 WITH CARBON FIBER CAN BE HAD IN THE USA. If so, please take a pic of your interior so we can relax and know that it can be done. Let's dispell the rumours once and for all.

My car will touch down at the end of the month and if it doesnt have carbon, again, I will refuse it and buy another car I have my eye on without 030 and save another $20K (loaded) as I know of a white/ black/ black ash '07 with 250 miles I can get on the cheap

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 11-11-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Hi Barolo CLS,

CARBON IS AVAILABLE!

As I said before, the attached brochure is incomplete and full of errors - just like the current valid paper-brochure you get at your dealer..

When I placed my order on 10/31/07, OnStar accepted my order with the Carbon-Trim. It is the identical order-code as the 'AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO' feature for cars in Europe (code: H73). This option should also replace the plastic-cover of the number-pad on the center-console.

In your case - since Carbon can be ordered with the 030 - the question is: WAS it ordered?
Do you have a print-out of your ordered configuration? If so, look for H73. If that's missing, your car is going to have a wood-trim, probably Burl Walnut.

It is quite possible that there are a few CL63s with 030 out there that DON'T include Carbon because it is a CHOICE with the Performance Package. You can still get wood.

You are right about the Cognac - it's not available BUT they do mention that it is not available - at least on the previous posted brochure. The 'normal' brochure of the 2008 CL-Class doesn't mention this fact at all..

As a final comment, I like to point out that the 030-Package - although some might be unhappy it doesn't include more features - is still an awesome deal compared to European prices:

Speed-limiter 186mph, Price in Germany: EUR 3,451
20" double-spoke wheels, Code 783, Price in Germany: EUR 2,023
Carbon-Trim, Code H73, Price in Germany: EUR 4,165

That's a total of EUR 9,639. At the current exchange rate, that would be about $14,000 - twice the amount we are paying.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 AM

Florida E55: youre missing the point

both Astral and myself know that carbon was offered as an option through the ordering process. We ordered it. The point is that Astral seems to think that because of what his dealer told him that even if you order, MB will not deliver it as ordered.

We are trying to find of evidence of someone thats done it in reality, not whether it can be spec'd

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 11-12-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
both Astral and myself know that carbon was offered as an option through the ordering process. We ordered it. The point is that Astral seems to think that because of what his dealer told him that even if you order, MB will not deliver it as ordered.

We are trying to find of evidence of someone thats done it in reality, not whether it can be spec'd
Now that's news to me...

Since you told us that your car is scheduled to be delivered by the end of the month, your dealer should already have the VIN and as far as I know, he should be able to tell you what's on your car.

Did you contact MBUSA to ask them directly? My experience with dealerships in general - although there are exemptions - is that they have no idea what they are selling or to put it in other words - aren't even interested in knowing their products.

A few weeks ago I visited a dealership and asked a SA (just to find out if he knows his business) if I could get the 030-package on the SL55. His answer: 'I have no idea..'

Let's see what will happen. I can only say for myself that I won't take delivery of that car in case I don't get EXACTLY what I ordered.

If that should happen, I'll get my deposit back and get a pre-owned 2008 CL65 with a few miles on it.

If MB can get you what they want and simply change your order, why don't they simply switch it to a CL550? Would be cheaper for them, right?

Last edited by FloridaE55; 11-12-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM

well both he and I ordered 030 and carbon, he got his in without the carbon.

I have yet to see if carbon will be on mine but yes, I did specify carbon and they built it.

When I got the buildsheet, carbon was listed.

I cant imagine that MB would sub out burl walnut and not tell the dealer to inform the customer that carbon isnt available in the USA. Especially when I paid an extra $7000 just to be able to get carbon. I aint driving 200 and I already have a set of HRE's for the car so that option is a bit pointless for me.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
well both he and I ordered 030 and carbon, he got his in without the carbon.

I have yet to see if carbon will be on mine but yes, I did specify carbon and they built it.

When I got the buildsheet, carbon was listed.

I cant imagine that MB would sub out burl walnut and not tell the dealer to inform the customer that carbon isnt available in the USA. Especially when I paid an extra $7000 just to be able to get carbon. I aint driving 200 and I already have a set of HRE's for the car so that option is a bit pointless for me.
I'm in contact with a Mercedes SA who's a member of this forum, too, and I've sent him a link to this thread. I asked him if it happened before that a customer got a car with different options than he ordered on OnStar. Let's see how he's thinking about this..

I do think that it's more likely that the dealer screwed up your friend's order than MB USA simply adjusting OnStar-orders without notifying their customers. Sure, it happened before that their brochures are outdated or incorrect (according to the current edition, you could also get the 030 CL-Package with piano-wood..) and they also canceled/added options in the middle of a MY - but I never heard of a forum-member not getting what he ordered. A dealer keeping such a change to himself would be everything but smart - no customer would be required to take delivery of such a car - no matter what kind of agreement he signed.

Here's what I think: Your friend's SA simply blew it. See it from the SA's point of view: It's always easier to blame MB USA than taking the blame himself. Again, that does not apply to all SAs but it surely does happen..

Oh, BTW, in case your car really comes with the carbon, you are aware of the fact that this forum (and especially me) is in urgent need of pictures of this trim - a whole bunch of them..

May I ask what interior color you decided on? I guess Black..?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM

white black carbon 030 charcoal alcantera bluetooth ipod
132,000 msrp!!! 2k off hook up 130,000 out the door

The only 130K car ever with 030 i assure you!

I want my money to go into performance so aftermarket will be...

Renntech ecu and lowering
HRE 21"
Lorinser fenders
Expression wing
custom painting and accenting including body trim grill and calipers
possibly more carbon depending on what MB does.

Carbon on Savannah can be seen here https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w216/208557-carbon-interior-available-cl63-if-you-opt-performance-package.html
Attached Thumbnails 030 AMG Performance Package for CL63-3bfb_3.jpg   030 AMG Performance Package for CL63-37ee_3.jpg   030 AMG Performance Package for CL63-394c_3.jpg  

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 11-13-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Thanks for the pictures!

There is an interesting detail: The hand-cover of the number-pad is not in carbon - although this is part of the order-code H73 in Germany.

I'm also thinking of getting the original carbon parts from Germany that are included in the carbon exterior package (adds carbon mirror housings, two little pieces on the front-spoiler and a replacement for the black plastic part in the rear-spoiler). I got an uncle in Germany who could ship them to me.

In case I don't get the number-cover in carbon, I might get that part from Germany as well.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM

be sure to order me a set!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by astral_essence

Hope this helps.
Correction...

Carbon fiber is not part of the 030 package per se, It only opens carbon fiber as an additional trim choice after 030 is selected.

Just to be clear on this.

This is what I am assuming went wrong for Astral. I think the dealer assumed if you choose 030 that it comes with the carbon as part of the package. The fact of the matter is that once you add 030, carbon only opens up as an additional choice and then you must then ask for it specifically. You, therfore, can order 030 with any trim MB has to offer and if you dont choose something, you will get the default trim. By the way, there is no additional charge for carbon, therefore if you order a 030 and don't want carbon, you should order it anyways and do a core exchange trade on ebay. I'll bet you can make at least $3K. William Rau can do your trim in any color or exotic wood known to man.

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 11-13-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CL63, 2008 S63, 2008 ML 63, 2008 S65
i have a Cl63 with the P30 package it only came with 3 things
1) rims
2) no limiter for top speed
3) a tunned suspension

i thought i was getting the carbon fiber interior but that didnt happen and i thought it had the LSD but that wasnt included either... it took mercedes about 2 weeks b4 they were able to locate the car and have it ready to be picked up
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 PM

i even question "tuned suspension" No one seems to be able to identify what that means exactly and the suspension part explosion includes the same part #'s Go figure
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
be sure to order me a set!
Right now, I'm still struggeling getting the right parts and prices to order them in Germany. I'm mailing on a regular basis with a SA from the 'Mercedes Benz Niederlassung Berlin'. Although these parts can be ordered right from the factory, it seems to be quite difficult to get them as spare-parts for a retro-fit - even in Germany!!

The factory option is priced at about 4,700 Euro - so I guess these parts will be anything but cheap. Labor shouldn't be an issue though - they should be easy to install..

He told me today that he sent a special request to the German main factory to get me the info I requested. Here are a few pics about the parts I'm talking about. Simply klick on the link and open the .pdf-file on the bottom that says 'Download Preisliste'. On page 9, you can see some pics and prices of the carbon in Germany. Enjoy!

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...pe/prices.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 030 AMG Performance Package for CL63