CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

BLK/BLK 05 cl65 for sale $59,999!!!!! in FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
BLK/BLK 05 cl65 for sale $59,999!!!!! in FL

CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2167

i might have to go in debt for this one. mileage is 4x,xxx
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Nice , but I wish they had posted more pix on that ad.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 430 Coupe
Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2167

i might have to go in debt for this one. mileage is 4x,xxx
Something is strange about the picture, it is identical to the one for this car: http://tinyurl.com/2abggc
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by err0neous
Something is strange about the picture, it is identical to the one for this car: http://tinyurl.com/2abggc
............you are quite right. The same car. As to generally being able to buy a Cl65 for $59K, I am not suprised. I'm kinda in the market for one, but I'm not pressed about it. I have been offered one at $61K and there is one currently on ebay ay $64K, so there is no big difference.

..........Funny thing is that this one in question is not too far from me, I could check it out.........not to buy it, but to see if s for real.

Ted
Old 01-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
sold at auction for $51k and it is rough....

no big deal.... they will make some money on it...
Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
if anyone needs it checked out, it be willing to go and look
Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
sounds like the one that sold at the auction for 51,500. they said it was a trade in, with 40,000 miles??? still if in good shape, i think its a good deal. they said it might be sold already.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
The Dealer mailed me several pics of it..its a NICE Piece!

I Would Inspect it in person Before pulling the trigger on it

www.custommotorsofsouthflorida.com
Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
CL65 Price Hits The 50s

I can't believe they continue to drop in price so fast like that

They dropped almost $140k in such a small amount of time
Old 01-12-2008, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I Inquired about this one...the guy said nothing wrong with it, the waaranty expires in about 9K miles, then it will not be under warranty which is a big no no for these cars. Try to see if you could get an extended warranty.

Dealer offered to buy me a CL65 in the range of low 20's in terms of mileage and putting it through the CPO program for a total of 64K...what you guys think. It's a 2005 and will have an extended year of warranty so that makes 3 years total. I think it's not that, i'd figure they buy it for mid 50's add brakes, tyres and inspection and the additional year of the CPO adds up the next 9K mark up.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I can't believe they continue to drop in price so fast like that

They dropped almost $140k in such a small amount of time

It really is bad. I feel sorry for the souls that paid even above the original MSRP on these things. I remember seeing one in San Fransico while on vacation there and it was on the showroom floor for $220K. They are really the best buy on the market for a used car. I don't think I've ever seen a car drop this bad....even the VW Phaeton didn't take hits like this.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
There is a CL65 05 modified with Renntech ECU and TCU, would you guys buy a modded CL. I have gotten advice from some members not to buy a modded car since it "may" have been abused. The car seems to have only 22K miles. The owner is asking mid 70's, I will try to negotiate it for a bit lower than that. Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
There is a CL65 05 modified with Renntech ECU and TCU, would you guys buy a modded CL. I have gotten advice from some members not to buy a modded car since it "may" have been abused. The car seems to have only 22K miles. The owner is asking mid 70's, I will try to negotiate it for a bit lower than that. Any input is appreciated.

That's a very difficult question to answer. It would be a case by case basis and you would never really know the truth about what that car has been through regardless of the mods, the model, or anything. A base CL could have just as easily been abused but it certainly would be more likely in a modded car. You would just need to have it inspected by a mechanic that you trust before pulling the trigger and make sure the warranty is extended. I would insist on a complete service by a MB dealership before buying this car at the least. Maybe during that service, any red flags would show up. Ask if you could enter the shop for visual inspection of the underside of the car and the engine compartment. Listen for any odd sounds in the engine and transmission with the air conditioner and radio off during the test drive. Test every suspension setting. Drive it like you plan to drive it and see if everything feels OK.
Keep in mind the discount these cars have on them and build that savings into any unexpected repairs that "may" come up. The main thing is to get one heck of a warranty on this thing and you should come out ok.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by trumpet1
That's a very difficult question to answer. It would be a case by case basis and you would never really know the truth about what that car has been through regardless of the mods, the model, or anything. A base CL could have just as easily been abused but it certainly would be more likely in a modded car. You would just need to have it inspected by a mechanic that you trust before pulling the trigger and make sure the warranty is extended. I would insist on a complete service by a MB dealership before buying this car at the least. Maybe during that service, any red flags would show up. Ask if you could enter the shop for visual inspection of the underside of the car and the engine compartment. Listen for any odd sounds in the engine and transmission with the air conditioner and radio off during the test drive. Test every suspension setting. Drive it like you plan to drive it and see if everything feels OK.
Keep in mind the discount these cars have on them and build that savings into any unexpected repairs that "may" come up. The main thing is to get one heck of a warranty on this thing and you should come out ok.
Well I will definitely make sure I get a tech to inspect it. I might fly there with my tech and request all service records from MB. He is willing to provide them from his dealership. I will also try to see if i purchase the extended warranty through MB. thanks!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
When you said rough...did you mean the condition, I will call and offer them 54k. lets see if the byte, lol!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 PM

CL65
i offered 55k and they declined.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 AM

CLS500, 05 BMW 760, 06 LEXUS GS430, Range Rover Super Charged (wifes)
I was at a MB dealer today..pretty much everyday this week. Anyhow, a good friend is a "validated" tech at MB and works on CL65's all the time. They had 3 being serviced by him when I was there. He said if you buy one get it with at least 25k miles or less. I pushed him for a answer and he just gave me a look that said trust me. I am in the market for a used CL65 right now and I will most likely take the car to him to have the CPO done. But you all are correct who knows how these cars have been treaded by the original owners. The only expert advice he gave me was buy one with at least under 25k for warranty and CPO reasons. If anyone here is serious and in the Socal area I could turn him onto you. Knowing solid MB service guys is worth just as much as knowing a solid broker!!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by MAXMUSCLERANCHO
I was at a MB dealer today..pretty much everyday this week. Anyhow, a good friend is a "validated" tech at MB and works on CL65's all the time. They had 3 being serviced by him when I was there. He said if you buy one get it with at least 25k miles or less. I pushed him for a answer and he just gave me a look that said trust me. I am in the market for a used CL65 right now and I will most likely take the car to him to have the CPO done. But you all are correct who knows how these cars have been treaded by the original owners. The only expert advice he gave me was buy one with at least under 25k for warranty and CPO reasons. If anyone here is serious and in the Socal area I could turn him onto you. Knowing solid MB service guys is worth just as much as knowing a solid broker!!
+1

Unfortunately, we had a client's S65 with 37,000 miles had a Maybach tranny GRENADED. (with no mods done)

Please do your DD before purchasing an auction car, or used 65/600.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:39 PM

CLS500, 05 BMW 760, 06 LEXUS GS430, Range Rover Super Charged (wifes)
Originally Posted by AdamG@EVOtech
+1

Unfortunately, we had a client's S65 with 37,000 miles had a Maybach tranny GRENADED. (with no mods done)

Please do your DD before purchasing an auction car, or used 65/600.
No lie man. He also mentioned that CL65 have other issues that send them back to the dealer over and over. Who knows. He let me drive one and I could not believe the power.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
No way no how a modded CL is eligible for a CPO. In fact, the mods may have invalidated the factory warranty.

If one is very protetive of the past life, purchase from the dealer as a lease return and he will be glad so share the history of the car. First owner stuff and service history.

Buying at auction, is like playing in a pool with sharks. These guys are pros and know how to recondition the worst cars including flood damage cars into garage queens. If in doubt, go the the Manheim Auction site and check out all the pre auctions services, such as body work, recondiitoning services, mechanical work, that are offered to the seller to turn junk into gold.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:15 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by m_berman
No way no how a modded CL is eligible for a CPO. In fact, the mods may have invalidated the factory warranty.

If one is very protetive of the past life, purchase from the dealer as a lease return and he will be glad so share the history of the car. First owner stuff and service history.

Buying at auction, is like playing in a pool with sharks. These guys are pros and know how to recondition the worst cars including flood damage cars into garage queens. If in doubt, go the the Manheim Auction site and check out all the pre auctions services, such as body work, recondiitoning services, mechanical work, that are offered to the seller to turn junk into gold.

WERD berman :umm: ls2?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
a modified car may actually signify that the other is smart enough to not "put it away wet" so to speak due to being an enthusiast (or it can mean the opposite, particularly with these cars)

-drew