CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

WHY are OUR cars NOT POPULAR? with only 194 built?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by TMC M5
You are really beginning to sound like a troll with your vague and vapid answers. I would assume that you had a CTS-V if you are throwing a Cadillac out there. I had an '09 Cadillac CTS-V with a 9.55 crank pulley, headers, CAI, tune, aux h/e, etc. So I can tell you with first hand knowledge that a CTS-V and CL65 are on different planets when it comes to "luxury". I would not even call the CTS-V a luxury car at all. It is a sports sedan. Yes, after all those mods, it was marginally faster than my tune only CL65...but I also spent twice the money on mods for the CTS-V to get that improvement.

As far as any Lexus.... you probably would have to spend 5+ times the amount you paid for a tune to get it in the same performance zip code of a CL65....

Tom
Vapid! a great word

I think CL's are popular.....
they're just waaay expensive
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CL65
You are really beginning to sound like a troll with your vague and vapid answers. I would assume that you had a CTS-V if you are throwing a Cadillac out there. I had an '09 Cadillac CTS-V with a 9.55 crank pulley, headers, CAI, tune, aux h/e, etc. So I can tell you with first hand knowledge that a CTS-V and CL65 are on different planets when it comes to "luxury". I would not even call the CTS-V a luxury car at all. It is a sports sedan. Yes, after all those mods, it was marginally faster than my tune only CL65...but I also spent twice the money on mods for the CTS-V to get that improvement.

As far as any Lexus.... you probably would have to spend 5+ times the amount you paid for a tune to get it in the same performance zip code of a CL65....

Tom
And you are starting to sound like a ****. First off I don't have to answer to you you are nobody to me. Second, I do currently own a CL65 and because I do I have every right to say that its SLOW. Everyone has a right to agree or disagree. But I don't try to get into your business or cut you down because you think differently. So grow up and deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with you.

What I do agree with is that my previous caddy and lexus' were not even close to the luxury of the CL65. But then again they were no where near the price tag of the CL65 so what can you expect. And of course you'd have to spend a lot more money on mods to the lexus to get to the same power level of the cl65 tune. You're not stating anything new. But again the price tag difference makes it doable and in the end I spent a lot less money on my lexus' including the car than I did on just the cost of buying a used CL65 not including upgrades. At the time I had the lexus' the CL65 was still going for 100K or more on the used market and renntech was basically the only name in the game with their performance and tuning costs starting at 10k.

Now if you ask me what I'd rather have right now its clear that I'd rather have the CL65 because that is what's in my garage and I could have bought or built another caddy or lexus. But the price of the CL has dropped so much that now it makes sense to get one because you can't build another car for the current price of a used cl65. Back when I had the caddy and lexus it wasn't the case. I'm sure you already know this but it may provide insight to some questions you have.

But you my narrow minded friend do have a serious reading comprehension problem. I have stated numerous times that I do like the CL65, that its luxurious, comfortable and rides nice. My only gripe is that I wish it was faster because to me its slow. Now this is at least the 3rd time I've said all this. If you still can't understand then I can say it a 4th time and say it very slowly if that helps.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM

2005 CL65
Is this typical of Mercedes owners to get mad at people that praise the car and everything about it and then also get mad at people that think its lacking in some areas? Holy crap if so I'm ashamed to say I own one!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by cjcalo
And you are starting to sound like a ****. First off I don't have to answer to you you are nobody to me. Second, I do currently own a CL65 and because I do I have every right to say that its SLOW. Everyone has a right to agree or disagree. But I don't try to get into your business or cut you down because you think differently. So grow up and deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with you.

What I do agree with is that my previous caddy and lexus' were not even close to the luxury of the CL65. But then again they were no where near the price tag of the CL65 so what can you expect. And of course you'd have to spend a lot more money on mods to the lexus to get to the same power level of the cl65 tune. You're not stating anything new. But again the price tag difference makes it doable and in the end I spent a lot less money on my lexus' including the car than I did on just the cost of buying a used CL65 not including upgrades. At the time I had the lexus' the CL65 was still going for 100K or more on the used market and renntech was basically the only name in the game with their performance and tuning costs starting at 10k.

Now if you ask me what I'd rather have right now its clear that I'd rather have the CL65 because that is what's in my garage and I could have bought or built another caddy or lexus. But the price of the CL has dropped so much that now it makes sense to get one because you can't build another car for the current price of a used cl65. Back when I had the caddy and lexus it wasn't the case. I'm sure you already know this but it may provide insight to some questions you have.

But you my narrow minded friend do have a serious reading comprehension problem. I have stated numerous times that I do like the CL65, that its luxurious, comfortable and rides nice. My only gripe is that I wish it was faster because to me its slow. Now this is at least the 3rd time I've said all this. If you still can't understand then I can say it a 4th time and say it very slowly if that helps.
Here you go....
Attached Thumbnails WHY are OUR cars NOT POPULAR? with only 194 built?-1-01ece685d9.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
hmm,

Now that it's brought up, what is the fastest "STOCK" Luxury 4 seater car?
It's got to be the CL65.. and not the new one (see Specs).

But that new stick 2013 Caddy CTS-V Wagon is pretty fast..it might be faster then the CL (don't know), it is faster then then non-wagon..but then again I know what the interior of the Caddy's are like and is nowhere as plush as the AMG's..

I'm loving my daily driver 2013 Chevy VOLT leather interior though..seems nicer if not the same as the Caddy

I don't think I"m going to find that Wagon as cheap as I found my mint primo CL65..

Last edited by NRL; 08-27-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by NRL
hmm,

Seriously. There's not a car that any car company makes since 2005 until now a stock car that has the sheer power, speed and luxury of a 65 series CL. Sure there's Ferrari's, Pagani's etc... but I'm talking about driveable, with creature comforts and accessability with mountains full of power
Old 08-28-2012, 01:21 AM

2005 CL65
Here you go....
yawwwn wow that was lame! You play no role in how I feel about this car and its very obvious. I gave some simple explanations and you take that as being butt hurt? Dude you have some serious comprehension issues. So keep fishing my small minded friend there's no way you can get to me. But you're more then welcome to keep trying if that makes you feel any better.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 AM

2005 CL65
Originally Posted by NRL
hmm,

But that new stick 2013 Caddy CTS-V Wagon is pretty fast..it might be faster then the CL (don't know), it is faster then then non-wagon..but then again I know what the interior of the Caddy's are like and is nowhere as plush as the AMG's..

I'm loving my daily driver 2013 Chevy VOLT leather interior though..seems nicer if not the same as the Caddy

I don't think I"m going to find that Wagon as cheap as I found my mint primo CL65..
The cl65 is definitely up there. The new cts-v will have more potential and a be lot cheaper to upgrade. The caddy interior is not all that bad but I do think that the cl65 is built much better. I got my cl65 for a deal too. I see that the prices are still dropping and I'm wondering when they will start to bottom out?

Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
Seriously. There's not a car that any car company makes since 2005 until now a stock car that has the sheer power, speed and luxury of a 65 series CL. Sure there's Ferrari's, Pagani's etc... but I'm talking about driveable, with creature comforts and accessability with mountains full of power
I agree with everything you said except for the mountain part.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
yawwwn wow that was lame! You play no role in how I feel about this car and its very obvious. I gave some simple explanations and you take that as being butt hurt? Dude you have some serious comprehension issues. So keep fishing my small minded friend there's no way you can get to me. But you're more then welcome to keep trying if that makes you feel any better.
Well you called me a ****...and you started crying like a little girl...so apparently you were butt-hurt!

Tom
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 AM

2005 CL65
Well you called me a ****...and you started crying like a little girl...so apparently you were butt-hurt!

Tom
Actually it went like this, I said the car is slow and you were the one that cried like a little girl about it. Everyone else just simply disagreed but you were the one that got your panties all waded up over it. You do realize that I had to repeat myself several times to you about the car being slow. There was a subliminal message in me mentioning the word slow. After the 2nd time I wasn't talking about the car....

Its ok junior keep trying!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Is this typical of Mercedes owners to get mad at people that praise the car and everything about it and then also get mad at people that think its lacking in some areas? Holy crap if so I'm ashamed to say I own one!
This just reeks of butt-hurt.... now go along and play with some of your imaginary cars....

Tom
Old 08-28-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65,458 Italia,GNX,GS430
cl65= UNDERVALUED GODSPEED art on wheels

Cj WROTE:
The cl65 is definitely up there. The new cts-v will have more potential and a be lot cheaper to upgrade. The caddy interior is not all that bad but I do think that the cl65 is built much better. I got my cl65 for a deal too. I see that the prices are still dropping and I'm wondering when they will start to bottom out?

I disagree with modding the two cars and the CTS-V being less...first off the base cost of the CTS-V is more money(why I HAVE NO clue as the 65 is a much better car built by a long shot--YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!!)-- second thing-- a tune, a chill box and a front HE and pump cost me LESS THEN $2500. WITH THE caddy to get 125 lbs of torque more to close to 900 lbs and to a 700 hp or 65 more hp in the caddy will surely cost a lot more then $2500 since the caddy is already low in terms of power per car stock.....
VALUE---These cars have reached their bottom...A TREND AND following is starting with these uber powerful used AMG's... since potential buyers are starting to see a relative amount of modified ones out there kicking butt to most newer performance cars...ZL1-GT500-R8-GTR's ETC. Also now with the cars reaching almost 8 years on age the aluminum and magnesium and carbon fiber body structure with its wide body appeal and brute look IS STARTING TO get a lot of attention as well with the performance car buyers out there...It is just plain *** cool looking and sinister in every aspect of the word "SLEEPER"....And they are now being seen as being very reliable now with a lot more feedback on the higher mileage ones getting sold.... I own a CL65 with over 125k miles and it has been the most reliable fastest car I have had in my stable..that weighs over 4000 lbs ...my car still looks and feels like the day i bought it with 40k miles....my car has been like the rest of the 65's I have owned...reliable and very cheap to own... I ran a recent 10.78@133mph with a chill box-tune-HE-Pump and straight exhaust. I also clocked a 212mph on my iphone gps.. on alligator alley(a nice open 110 mile straight run)ON the same night I ran the 10 second quarter mile. I have had quite a few 65's over the years and they will always be my favorite car at the end of the day. Like everybody else I am one to get a pissed off attitude if a car has been bad to me in sense of mechanical and reliability issues and so on but i use to build 1500hp engines for a living and i have driven every car you can think of and even now I test drive as much as I can... and the 65's are extremely underrated and just blows the "cool" factor out of the water hence the fact they are the most powerful cars built with traction control and a stability program on the road today....

And I will always back up my claim to the 65 as being the greatest all around performance car built for the enthusiast and the gear head alike.

Last edited by v12TTSatanic65; 08-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
guess whose back...and with a 458 italia now
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Banned

I feel so generic. And it feels good to be back from Thailand

Yes I got a 458. Actually I took it off a friend for its lease payments. Yes it seems everybody has one but in 14 more months I can send it back to the auction. Btw it has seen the dealer 5 times...not exactly dependable since it boke down 4 out of the 5 times. So when its gone my 65 is going to be still with me and not letting me down.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:35 AM

CL55, SL500, E350
LOL ... must've traded in the escalade for that
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by v12TTSatanic65
Yes I got a 458. Actually I took it off a friend for its lease payments. Yes it seems everybody has one but in 14 more months I can send it back to the auction. Btw it has seen the dealer 5 times...not exactly dependable since it boke down 4 out of the 5 times. So when its gone my 65 is going to be still with me and not letting me down.
well at least you aren't denying that you're retardedmonk.

I know how you feel, everybody has 458s in my neighborhood. hell, if you don't have a aventador, you're basically a huge loser with no money. I have my order in for twin turbo kit from underground racing.

I actually just gave my CL65 away to the son of my housekeeper. Nobody uses those peasant cars anymore...just an fyi.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Talking Lucky guy that son of your housekeeper

Escalade? It was just something I built and sold. It was a 10second ride when done.

Yes living near Miami 458 is not a big deal. I like the car. I liked my GTR better. In the end I drive my 65 or the reasons of not showing off with plenty of ***** to break out there.

I see cars as art and history and a great thrill u have control of. I don't see them as money or to own one to impress. I have a girlfriend for that--- more fun less expensive to maintain.