CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

lock my keys in trunk of my cl55 help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk430
lock my keys in trunk of my cl55 help please

worst day of my life...i work at a used car dealer..wen i was closing up i went in the trunk of the car to change the cd..and i left the keys laying in the trunk and closed it..thats not all i did not unlock the doors..now the alarm is activated..so i try to open the door..me being me i brake the passenger window...wen i realized once i got in the car the dam alarm will not let me open the trunk...now i hafta replace the window which is not a biggie..my main prob..is getting into the trunk from inside the car...to get the keys...is there anyway to do this without going to the dealer and waisting a ton of money...please help anyone
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
I take it the back seat doesn't fold down and pass through to the trunk?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CL 55 AMG
Go to the dealership and order the valet key. It will only cost you $10 for the blade. Have them overnight it and your set!!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 AM

2001 clk430
yes,yes,yes i got it..thank god for good friends..

im going to share this with you people on mbworld....if ever or wenever this happens to anyone...i have a friend.,..thats a certified tech for mercedes as he told me what to do in this situation...so i followed...car will not open trunk cus the alarm will not let it...k there is a fuse box under the passenger rear seat in front of it...he told me that the alarm has to reset...so to take each fuse out 1 by 1 and wait 5 seconds and then put it back...well i did it and guess what it worked...wen i pulled out 1 fuse it was a clear fuse think it was a 20....put it back in and my rear windows rolled down jus a bit..so i crossed my fingures went to the trunk release button and walla it open...unreal..im so happy...but im still going to get a copy of the key made so this never happen again...i share this information for people who need the help wen they do something stupid like i did...hey it cost me a window and i will never doit again....thanx everyone,,,and enjoy the info...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
wow, incredibly difficult on the eyes to read.

I'm surprised you had to resort to destroying a dealership car window and THEN calling your "friend" MB certified tech to have it fixed. No big deal you say? If you were working at MY dealership and you did that I would have your *** fired on the spot. What about the future owners who would never find out about the abuse? I've NEVER went to a dealership (new OR used) where they didn't have a spare key.

Please let the rest of us know where you work so I never go there in my life.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM

2001 clk430
um its my own car idiot..........btw its a family owned business...i sharing info.i can blow up my car if i feel like it..i paid for it not you..open your eyes a little more...he did not help me with the window...he helped me on how to open the trunk....so ill share the information with mb world...not you...enjoy..and i dont need ur business..we are doing well...A+ rating with the better business bureau***thank you

Last edited by allproper; 06-04-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Idiot? No need for name-calling. I can call you out on a ton of **** too but I will hold my tongue.

Also, it's hard not to assume that it was a dealership car when you state from the beginning that you work at a dealership, and ended up locking the keys inside the trunk -_____-.

and you are absolutely right, you can do whatever you want to your car...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by allproper
worst day of my life...i work at a used car dealer..wen i was closing up i went in the trunk of the car to change the cd..and i left the keys laying in the trunk and closed it..thats not all i did not unlock the doors..now the alarm is activated..so i try to open the door..me being me i brake the passenger window...wen i realized once i got in the car the dam alarm will not let me open the trunk...now i hafta replace the window which is not a biggie..my main prob..is getting into the trunk from inside the car...to get the keys...is there anyway to do this without going to the dealer and waisting a ton of money...please help anyone
we like to use commas and periods here in America.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Sounds like one of my customer service calls. Sir please call 1800 for Mercedes and have road side dispatched your your residence, if they cannot assist you please come to the dealer with current registration/pink slip and ID and we will order you a blade key for $10 to open your trunk.

Have a nice day sir