CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

W215 CL55/65 AMG ALL Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Conversion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
W215 CL55/65 AMG ALL Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Conversion.

Who here is interested in getting an entirely new front bumper for our W215 AMG CL's? It would be in the style of the updated/conversion E63 bumper. The CL is TOO rounded in the front which gives it an early 00's image.
Here's the key noticeable differences this bumper would have over the stock one.

-This bumper would be made entirely from Carbon Fiber. So it would be very light compared to the factory OEM bumper.
-It would have the pointed/creased middle portion. It would start right underneath the grille, going down all the way to underneath the mesh to form the point. Just more of an aggressive missile front end to give the CL a much newer/updated appearance. It's not right that the AMG E, CLK Classes went through a refresh with the front end (both similar front fascia as the CL), and the CL which is 3X the car and 3X as expensive never got one. This is the chance!
(Notice how a little point makes so much more of a difference, just ask the guys who have an E55 and did the E63 conversion how much happier they are with the look of their car)

-Both sides of the bumper would have the dual vents cut out like the newer AMG bumpers. Would just make it look much, much more modern.

-The portion where the mesh is would be enlarged, including the fog area. It'll have a much wider, taller mouth. It will give more airflow and just look plain meaner from the front, like a CLK/SL/C Black Series.

I'm extremely interested in this, and have been for quite some time. I have contacted Neal. He would personally be taking this on for us, and would love to start it ASAP. It will not be a Euroteck group buy, he's going to give his full attention to this. He has full confidence that he can make this work properly. As far as pricing goes, he needs to buy a new front OEM bumper, and work from there.

In a group buy with 10 people, prices would be around $1,800 a person ($3,600 for 5 people). This would be strictly a Limited Edition piece. And remember, this whole bumper is going to be made out of carbon fiber. There is nothing like this available on the market for our cars, and I doubt there ever will be again. This is an amazing opportunity. The price for a stock plain AMG front bumper is around and a little over $1,000 at the dealership. So for a little extra more to have something really original, rare and custom from a guy who does stellar work, I hope some of you jump on this.
Please let me know who's interested in this group buy. I have faith that we can do this.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 09-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
I think you'll get more response from a urethane front bumper for a few reasons:

1. Significantly cheaper
2. Saving marginal weight on this car doesn't really make too much of a difference (couple pounds on a 4500lb car?)
3. Most would want a painted front bumper
Old 09-13-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
also how about the the orginal trim, fog lights, wire mesh,etc thats stock on the amg bumper. are we able to resuse them ? does the euroteck lip still fit?

Last edited by kenpho10; 09-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by kenpho10
also how about the the orginal trim, fog lights, wire mesh,etc thats stock on the amg bumper. are we able to resuse them ? does the euroteck lip still fit?
I did talk to Neal about the carbon fiber front lip, it should still have the same bottom/under portion for the lip to line right up. As far as the fog lights, I was thinking with this bumper it would be better to do a fog light delete to make it look more aggressive. I'll get Neal to chime in as he's the one that going to design it if it goes through. As far as the trim and side markers, that should be unaffected.

OCKlasse - Thing is, Neal is a carbon fiber guy. That's what he works with. And most definitely, I would paint it black, I won't want the front bumper to have the carbon pattern. I'd personally would prefer it in carbon fiber though, it's a much higher end material than urethane. Sure it may cost a couple hundred dollars more, carbon fiber is just way better than plastic. Even though it won't make TOO much of a drastic difference in weight, every little bit does help I believe.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 09-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
I think you'll get more response from a urethane front bumper for a few reasons:

1. Significantly cheaper
2. Saving marginal weight on this car doesn't really make too much of a difference (couple pounds on a 4500lb car?)
3. Most would want a painted front bumper
Regarding the price of urethane, you are correct, it is a much cheaper material. However, the funny thing is, when dealing with a quantity of 5 or 10, a urethane bumper would actually wind up being more expensive then a carbon or fiberglass one. However, if we would make a few hundred then that's where the urethane would really be cheaper. The injection mould is not a cheap process to setup. But each part in the end does cost a lot less then carbon.

Regarding weight, the stock bumper is actually very light, so I would have to say we are not really going to have a weight savings here. Just trying to be honest.

The nice touch about it being carbon is that if you wanted to not paint the side vents or other small areas those can be masked off when painting the bumper so that you still see what you wish to be left in carbon.

Ken, the original trim would go right into place. About the mesh and fogs, we may be able to design it so that the people who want to re use the fogs can with new mesh, and those who do not would be able to with new flat mesh. The Euroteck lip would still fit, it would be designed around one.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 E320, 2005 CL55
Can you design it to use the 2011 amg led fog light strips?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Regarding the price of urethane, you are correct, it is a much cheaper material. However, the funny thing is, when dealing with a quantity of 5 or 10, a urethane bumper would actually wind up being more expensive then a carbon or fiberglass one. However, if we would make a few hundred then that's where the urethane would really be cheaper. The injection mould is not a cheap process to setup. But each part in the end does cost a lot less then carbon.

Regarding weight, the stock bumper is actually very light, so I would have to say we are not really going to have a weight savings here. Just trying to be honest.

The nice touch about it being carbon is that if you wanted to not paint the side vents or other small areas those can be masked off when painting the bumper so that you still see what you wish to be left in carbon.

Ken, the original trim would go right into place. About the mesh and fogs, we may be able to design it so that the people who want to re use the fogs can with new mesh, and those who do not would be able to with new flat mesh. The Euroteck lip would still fit, it would be designed around one.
This is awesome! I'm glad an opportunity like this has come about. There's nothing at all like this available for CL's. The 5 or 10 front bumpers, if they do get produced, when on a car they will be the best looking W215's out there from the front. This needs to get done, and for what we're getting the price is good. It costed me almost as much for a steering wheel lol. This would be so cool. Definitely would improve the looks and freshen up a gorgeous car.

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pman
Thing is, the openings are gonna be bigger where the fogs go, so you'll be able to use different kinds of LED DRLs, much more options than the small openings we have with the stock bumper
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by pman
I like this idea!!! I think that would be great! Instead of making it to accept OEM fogs, this is a great idea to offer it with a modified version to accept the LED light strip.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

I like this idea!!! I think that would be great! Instead of making it to accept OEM fogs, this is a great idea to offer it with a modified version to accept the LED light strip.
Definitely a great idea. This bumper has a lot of potential! I personally would leave mine fog/DRL-less, just have the whole thing mesh like a Black Series/DTM car. Oh man, I want this to get made!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM

nice to hear and see you're back on the w215 forum if Neal is doing it, I'll be interest in it if we get enough member to go in. It's been almost 6 years since Mercedes stop making the w215 and now we are finally get stuff made for the car. That's kinda pretty cool.

Last edited by kenpho10; 09-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

nice to hear and see you're back on the w215 forum if Neal is doing it, I'll be interest in it if we get enough member to go in. It's been almost 6 years since Mercedes stop making the w215 and now we are finally get stuff made for the car. That's kinda pretty cool.
I knew you'd be interested in another awesome group buy You're always in pursuit of making you CL cooler My man
Actually it's been over 6 years since they stopped making it. In 2006, the 2007 MY W216 CL came out. So it's been stopped being made since late 05 - 7 years going into 8! But I have to admit, this is really cool to have people that are willing to make rare, custom high-quality things for our aging cars to make them look even better than the newer versions
So we got:

1. zneB-sedecreM
2. kenpho10

Let's keep it up. This has the be the coolest group buy yet! Of course the side skirts are amazing and having a diffuser is just awesome and a Black Series type spoiler is icing on the cake...But this, this is going to give a look the CL's face has never had before! Seriously fellas, if you're looking for aggressive in the highest quality, this is going to be it.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 09-13-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Ken, thanks! I was called in on this one due to it being probably the most complex part made for the CL as of yet..
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 E320, 2005 CL55
Count me in
Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM

2005 CL65, 2005 M3, 2008 GL550
Ahhh, what the heck.... count me in too.... I have all the other Euroteck parts anyway

While you're at this Neal, how about you take on that carbon fiber rear bumper expension project too? I believe that is being planned, but it seems open ended right now in terms of timing etc. Just don't want that one to drop between the cracks
Old 09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Nice! Let's F**king get it done!!! I'm really stoked for this. This is going to freshen up our CL's extremely while still looking like it belongs on the car.

So, so far we got:

1. zneB-sedecreM
2. kenpho10
3. pman
4. JDS28

1 more and we have enough to make this an uber rare 5 ONLY Limited Production Carbon Fiber front CL bumper! According to Neal:

Also, this would be limited production forever! I would even personally sign to that if needed to everyone.
So the chances of ever seeing a W215 with a new, revised recessed hood is extremely rare. Hopefully, a few more people are smart and decide to join and realize what they're potentially getting here

Originally Posted by JDS28
Ahhh, what the heck.... count me in too.... I have all the other Euroteck parts anyway

While you're at this Neal, how about you take on that carbon fiber rear bumper expension project too? I believe that is being planned, but it seems open ended right now in terms of timing etc. Just don't want that one to drop between the cracks
I also talked to Neal about the bumper extension piece too. He said he can start it IMMEDIATELY. It would be $475 for a group buy of 10 people. So really, it's up to you guys. I'm down for whatever is more logical. Wait, maybe even months to get this taken on, or dish out an extra $175 and get this started right away... Neal did say that this piece would be easy for him to do and it would be the fastest part to get done and received out of all the group buys ever done.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by JDS28

I have to check to see if Ji has started on those already. If he did, then those will be handled by him, if he did not start on it and wants me to I will take control of it.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
Nice! Let's F**king get it done!!! I'm really stoked for this. This is going to freshen up our CL's extremely while still looking like it belongs on the car.

So, so far we got:

1. zneB-sedecreM
2. kenpho10
3. pman
4. JDS28

1 more and we have enough to make this an uber rare 5 ONLY Limited Production Carbon Fiber front CL bumper! According to Neal:
To the 4 currently on the list, I originally was planning at 10 people at $1,800. But zneB-sedecreM suggested 5 at $3,600 each to possibly get this done quicker. Which to us is the same thing. So my question is, to those 4, if we get 1 more person are you ok with the price at $3,600 to get it done?

By the way, these would not come with limited edition decals this time, they will come with an actual metal plaque engraved with the serial number etc... mounted on bottom of the bumper.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
To the 4 currently on the list, I originally was planning at 10 people at $1,800. But zneB-sedecreM suggested 5 at $3,600 each to possibly get this done quicker. Which to us is the same thing. So my question is, to those 4, if we get 1 more person are you ok with the price at $3,600 to get it done?

By the way, these would not come with limited edition decals this time, they will come with an actual metal plaque engraved with the serial number etc... mounted on bottom of the bumper.
I would be hella interested in this if I didn't have stupid ABC problems right now...

SIGH
Old 09-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by danlnyc
I would be hella interested in this if I didn't have stupid ABC problems right now...

SIGH
Damn bro, bad time to have ABC issues
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

SIGH
Sorry to hear that Hopefully you have an extended warranty....
Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Sorry to hear that Hopefully you have an extended warranty....
I do, but they're denying my coverage because I used links to lower the car. They've also lied about the mods on my car and is looking for any excuse to void my warranty....
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I do, but they're denying my coverage because I used links to lower the car. They've also lied about the mods on my car and is looking for any excuse to void my warranty....
Scum bags! My buddy had a similar issue on his E55 with airmatic... But in the end he had to pay
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM

I think we should wait and see if we can get more members on board. set a dead line like we did with the othe group buys, 1 month from today. $1800 is much better then $3600! I think we have 7-8 members that has been part of every group buy for the w215 so far and a few of those members only come on the forum once in a while. To me it's cool that it would be limited edition but driving and seeing another member have it is priceless. What's the chance of any of the group buy member seeing each other on the road. 49 states is a lot of road to cover.

Last edited by kenpho10; 09-14-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Mercedes CL55
I want to see a picture or photo-chop of it before I can say Im in. (:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W215 CL55/65 AMG ALL Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Conversion.