CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2003 cl55 amg trunk/ doors/ audio/phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 amg
2003 cl55 amg trunk/ doors/ audio/phone

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site so be gentle.LOL

Here are a few questions...

I just purchased a 2003 cl55 amg. The auto trunk does not fully open and it seems to close a little too fast. Any Ideas, suggestions?

also the doors appears to be a little rough w/the windows up when you open it because of the slight drop. It's smooth with the windows down. Is this normal?

Being that is a 2003 there is an old phone hook up. Is there some type of adapter so I can use an iphone for the handsfree?

Can you hook up a rear camera to the nav screen? can you hook up Satellite?

TY

Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
See below.

Originally Posted by robertrebussini
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site so be gentle.LOL

Here are a few questions...

I just purchased a 2003 cl55 amg. The auto trunk does not fully open and it seems to close a little too fast. Any Ideas, suggestions?

Read the manual. In the section regarding the electric trunk, it will explain the procedure to set the full open position.

also the doors appears to be a little rough w/the windows up when you open it because of the slight drop. It's smooth with the windows down. Is this normal?

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by the doors are rough?

Being that is a 2003 there is an old phone hook up. Is there some type of adapter so I can use an iphone for the handsfree?

There is a blue tooth puck that fits in the telephone cradle. They are not made anymore, but you may still be able to find one for approx $400 or so.

Can you hook up a rear camera to the nav screen? can you hook up Satellite?

Not without significant modification.

TY

Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL55 AMG
The windows have to drop just a bit before the doors can open. Not sure how fast yours are dropping but that "rough" feeling is the same thing I get on my 03. I know a couple of people with other cars (a Cooper and a Boxter) that feel similar because of that short delay when the windows are going down.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CL600 2003
Originally Posted by lphillips1117
The windows have to drop just a bit before the doors can open. Not sure how fast yours are dropping but that "rough" feeling is the same thing I get on my 03. I know a couple of people with other cars (a Cooper and a Boxter) that feel similar because of that short delay when the windows are going down.
Yup that's normal.

For the trunk, if I recall correctly, car running trunk closed, press down on the trunk switch in the door as if to close the trunk for 5 seconds and next time you open it should go all the way
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM

2003 cl55 amg
2003 cl55 amg

thanks for the reply, however I looked through the manual and there is nothing there on programming the trunk to open all the way.. Right now it opens about 1/2 way and it's heavy to push it all the way up. When it closes it seems to close pretty fast.

when i mentioned the door seams rough w/ the window up, it is when the window does a slight drop before opening. It almost seems like the door drops because it it out of alignment. It's smooth when window is down.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM

2003 cl55 amg
tried it, ng

I tried holding the door release on the trunk for 5 sec didn't work
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 PM

CL55 AMG
I tried holding the door release on the trunk for 5 sec didn't work
I ran into the same issue. Try holding the button on the remote for 5 seconds or so. That fixed the issue for me. From what I remember, this is by design. It allows you to open the trunk only part way if you're in an area with low head room or have a loaded roof rack on the car.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 PM

CL55 AMG
thanks for the reply, however I looked through the manual and there is nothing there on programming the trunk to open all the way.. Right now it opens about 1/2 way and it's heavy to push it all the way up. When it closes it seems to close pretty fast.

when i mentioned the door seams rough w/ the window up, it is when the window does a slight drop before opening. It almost seems like the door drops because it it out of alignment. It's smooth when window is down.
That's normal.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 AM

2005 CL55 AMG
It is clearly stated in the manual how to perform the trunk configuration, you will see it under the conviance settings as you scroll threw the menu options to configure everything. Make sure you are in park when going through the config screen you will see in the conviance options a trunk option and from their you can set it to open full. As per the rapid close that it does that my friend is how it is... youll get used to it to get the hell out of the way when you press that button.

As per the door thing normal as well. When you open the door from the inside wait a brief second for the windows to lower so you can open the door fully. You will get used to it.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM

2003 cl55 amg
OK, I'll check it. The mercedes tech went on the dash to try to do it, said I have to take it in to be reset. I will def check before I take it in.

Thank you very much for your response.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM

2003 cl55 amg
2003 AMG CL 55 "posessed"

I will be sitting in my car just idling and after a few minutes the suspension will go up and down, the headrests go up and down. do I need an exorcism?