CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

In need of rear camber kit asap..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL55
In need of rear camber kit asap..

After two years of driving lowered and having to go through tires after tires, I think its time I get a camber kit to fix my rear negative camber. Ive been doing research and it came down to two options, ether K-Mac camber kit which is a bushing or a custom camber control arm which some members custom make on this forum. A name that came up a lot was speedybenz but from what I see he takes forever to respond. I would rather go with the camber control arm option rather then k-macs bushing. Someone please help and give me some suggestions.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
couple of Benzos
same here im looking to add negative camber to my rear as im slightly rubbing now, it seems that these cars have almost no camber when you lower them, how low are you that you have camber issues?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
I have over three degrees of camber at my drive height in the rear. They have it LOL.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:28 AM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by AndreNY
same here im looking to add negative camber to my rear as im slightly rubbing now, it seems that these cars have almost no camber when you lower them, how low are you that you have camber issues?
My car is slammed and I'm pretty sure I have over -3 degrees of camber in the rear like OCKlasse has. After driving around today to different shops, turns out no one makes anything to fix camber for w215...
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by JPhamily
My car is slammed and I'm pretty sure I have over -3 degrees of camber in the rear like OCKlasse has. After driving around today to different shops, turns out no one makes anything to fix camber for w215...
MB Arts does, but it ain't cheap.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:58 PM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
MB Arts does, but it ain't cheap.
Thanks for the info man, I ran across those camber arms a long time ago but didn't remember who made them. I think Fatmike were running them before on his car. They are pricey but I think its worth it. My car is a daily and my tires get eaten up every three months and then I would have to flip them. Its getting too much for me. Would rather buy the arms and not have to deal with tires anymore... Im pretty sure you know how I feel because your the only other person I know on here thats slammed like me.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:09 PM

CLK63 BS
I did have mbarts arms. But mine were shortened so I could add negative camber. The normal product will correct your camber, I would recommend them. Have you checked your toe settings?

Andre, try MBarts if you want to go that route, they may make you another set like mine.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:31 PM

Mercedes CL55
Originally Posted by fatmike
I did have mbarts arms. But mine were shortened so I could add negative camber. The normal product will correct your camber, I would recommend them. Have you checked your toe settings?

Andre, try MBarts if you want to go that route, they may make you another set like mine.
Thanks for the info Mike, I was just about to message you about it. So according to what your saying, I'm guessing the camber arm will be replacing the upper control arm not the bottom since you mentioned yours was shortened so that you can have more negative camber? Correct me if Im wrong. And if it is replacing the upper control arm, that means my wheels will be rubbing my fender if I got it back to 0 camber cause the top of the rim will be pushed back out. My wheels are cambered right now and its perfect because my wheels fit and they don't rub but honestly I just want it at 0 that way my tires don't get chewed up every couple thousand miles.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:47 AM
MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by JPhamily
Thanks for the info Mike, I was just about to message you about it. So according to what your saying, I'm guessing the camber arm will be replacing the upper control arm not the bottom since you mentioned yours was shortened so that you can have more negative camber? Correct me if Im wrong. And if it is replacing the upper control arm, that means my wheels will be rubbing my fender if I got it back to 0 camber cause the top of the rim will be pushed back out. My wheels are cambered right now and its perfect because my wheels fit and they don't rub but honestly I just want it at 0 that way my tires don't get chewed up every couple thousand miles.
Correct. It replaces a suspension link that right now is stationary. Correcting the camber will push the top of the wheel out.