CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

1/4 mile runs in the CL65 today....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged
Originally Posted by dfwx
Check Renntech's website.

10-4 (not to be confused with "10.4")

Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Some tunes are more aggressive than others but I'd say 11.1x-11.2x +/- 125mph. I ran a few 11.1x with similar 60 ft times launching around 1200 RPMs. If you are willing to launch closer to 2500 RPMs you may see something closer to high 10s or 11.0x. Either way still pretty impressive for a stocker.

Thanks. I was definitely launching it like a lady on the first outing. I was honestly just trying to tip-toe through the process as it was my first time running the car. Now that I'm confident with it's controllability in "dyno mode", I can start pushing it. Higher RPM lauches made a significant difference in my mini-65, so I'm not surprised they do on the V12.

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
If you add a rear 5 gallon reservoir with ice, 100 oct or 109 tune w/ TCU I see this car hitting 10's easy on that run.

Noted. I've been talking about a reservoir for 2 years, so I guess it's time to install one. I was BS'ing with a guy running a Ford Lightning (11.0's) at the track, and he swore by it. BIP is in the process of getting my TCU tuned, and Steve has my tuned ECU (by BIP) at his house. He picked it up when he was there today checking on his P'car. If things go as planned, I'll be getting a second high-octane file for the track.

Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
+1. With the above and the addition of a custom cai and exhaust this thing should fly

Thanks. The only thing I'd be willing to do to the exhaust is remove the cats. Other than that, I just don't know. I love the fact I can act a fool in the middle of town day after day, but not draw any attention, especially from the cops. I'd like a CAI and second set of intercoolers, but I'm in no hurry. I want to savor the modding process and not max it out too fast.

Last edited by Grip Grip; 05-20-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL65
A low cost way to do some intake cooling is a simple 50/50 water/alcohol system that you could opt to only use for racing. Just a couple of small nozzles past the air filters and a small tank in the trunk or use your window washer tank. While an ideally installed multi-stage system would cost bucks and some technical skills, a simple one stage turned on only for racing would be cheap and simplistic. Far less expensive than additional intercoolers and would be unseen under the engine cover.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here's some photo's from the event:

1/4 mile runs in the CL65 today....-1_zps6219a7de.jpg

1/4 mile runs in the CL65 today....-2_zps6019bb8f.jpg

1/4 mile runs in the CL65 today....-3_zpsc57edeab.jpg
Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
Pics look good. I never ran my 65 with the suspension setting on high and I had lowering links too. Another tip while trying to cool down between runs, is to open the hood all the way so it's vertical to get all that heat out better
Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A low cost way to do some intake cooling is a simple 50/50 water/alcohol system that you could opt to only use for racing. Just a couple of small nozzles past the air filters and a small tank in the trunk or use your window washer tank. While an ideally installed multi-stage system would cost bucks and some technical skills, a simple one stage turned on only for racing would be cheap and simplistic. Far less expensive than additional intercoolers and would be unseen under the engine cover.

No meth for me, but I wouldn't mind adding an ice box in the trunk or deleting the windshield washer fluid reservoir and installing it there.

Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
Pics look good. I never ran my 65 with the suspension setting on high and I had lowering links too. Another tip while trying to cool down between runs, is to open the hood all the way so it's vertical to get all that heat out better

Thanks. I raised the suspension for clearance, as I didn't know how much (if any) it would squat on the launch and I didn't want to have any fender to tire contact. The drag setup has about 1/2" more offset than stock.

As for the hood, I don't know what I was thinking. I typically raise it completely vertical when given the chance.

Last edited by Grip Grip; 05-22-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL65
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
No meth for me, but I wouldn't mind adding an ice box in the trunk or deleting the windshield washer fluid reservoir and installing it there.

Thanks. I raised the suspension for clearance, as I didn't know how much (if any) it would squat on the launch and I didn't want to have any fender to tire contact. The drag setup has about 1/2" more offset than stock.

As for the hood, I don't know what I was thinking. I typically raise it completely vertical when given the chance.
The washer tank is large, ideal and alcohol isn't necessary.

With 1/2 extra offset on low you likely will rub or - worse - the sidewall hitting the fender inner lips edge. I had the rear fender lips on my rolled over, but this left ridges at the roll which I'll shave off with a dremel tool and the fill the tiny gaps. This will allow the 20 inch rims with 45mm offset to fix.

I also plan to measure carefully to see if the 45mm offset possibly allows an extra inch on the inside of the rims/tires to clear. If so, I will have the rims widened.

What size (diameter and width) wheels are you running? Anyone know of an 18 inch rim that fits the front?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The washer tank is large, ideal and alcohol isn't necessary.

With 1/2 extra offset on low you likely will rub or - worse - the sidewall hitting the fender inner lips edge. I had the rear fender lips on my rolled over, but this left ridges at the roll which I'll shave off with a dremel tool and the fill the tiny gaps. This will allow the 20 inch rims with 45mm offset to fix.

I also plan to measure carefully to see if the 45mm offset possibly allows an extra inch on the inside of the rims/tires to clear. If so, I will have the rims widened.

What size (diameter and width) wheels are you running? Anyone know of an 18 inch rim that fits the front?

I run the stock 19" wheels in the front. I tried 18" skinnies in the front and they didn't fit. Damn calipers/rotors were too large.