CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

A "yeah, right" thread on the BMW M5 race stories forum:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by mand
what is with you and comparing our superiour benzes with hondas, and your ugly, crappy M5
After this post, nothing that you say means anything.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:52 PM

2006 VW Passat
What i say has more meaning that anything you have said, you stupid liar, why keep talking trash, we have caught you telling lies. So why don't you stop, telling lies, being a b!tch, p*ssying out, or actually prove you're telling the truth.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
So, APK...

....given that you can also run with Z06's from 20-100, would you care to run one of those too?

Because I found one in Boca Raton that would *love* to run you.

Heck, he'll even run you from a roll!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 AM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Improviz
....given that you can also run with Z06's from 20-100, would you care to run one of those too?

Because I found one in Boca Raton that would *love* to run you.

Heck, he'll even run you from a roll!
My brother's is basically stock. My friend has one that will destroy a 65 AMG. If you find me a stock one, I will run him in a heartbeat from a roll. With work, Z06's are faster than any amg or bimmer.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by APK1013
My brother's is basically stock. My friend has one that will destroy a 65 AMG. If you find me a stock one, I will run him in a heartbeat from a roll. With work, Z06's are faster than any amg or bimmer.
OK. Where and when?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 PM

2003 BMW M5
OK. Where and when?
Is it stock or are you lining me up with a 10 second car?
Old 02-05-2005, 01:20 PM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
Is it stock or are you lining me up with a 10 second car?

Doesn't matte, either way you either won't show up or say one of your friends dad has a Carrera GT and lets you drive it sometimes, so anything you Benz boys have that can beat the CGT?

We'll schedule a date at Moroso in 2010 for you to turn up in your Nitrous dragster against a C32, but by then you'll have work and family commitments and then we'll reschedule 10 years from then.

Conclusion: don't write cheques your butt can't cash otherwise the debt collector will make you pay
Old 02-05-2005, 02:04 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Bilal
Doesn't matte, either way you either won't show up or say one of your friends dad has a Carrera GT and lets you drive it sometimes, so anything you Benz boys have that can beat the CGT?

We'll schedule a date at Moroso in 2010 for you to turn up in your Nitrous dragster against a C32, but by then you'll have work and family commitments and then we'll reschedule 10 years from then.

Conclusion: don't write cheques your butt can't cash otherwise the debt collector will make you pay
I'll cash the check where I cashed it the first time. I am even willing to run an E55 that will smoke a CL55 any day of the week. I am not saying I will beat Steve, but I think I can run him close enough to prove to you that my story is true. I brought up my buddy's Z06 because Improvis wants me to run one. I will run a stock one any day because my brother has a basically stock one, and I know where I stand against him.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Writing checks your butt can't cash...

Originally Posted by The Lying Sackless Chicken
I'll cash the check where I cashed it the first time. I am even willing to run an E55 that will smoke a CL55 any day of the week.
Oh, it will? Proof? Hint: "because APK says so" is not proof.

Originally Posted by The Lying Sackless Chicken
I am not saying I will beat Steve, but I think I can run him close enough to prove to you that my story is true.
What would have convinced us was actually showing up when we arranged for a CL55 to meet you at Moroso and racing him. Unfortunately, you were too much of a wimp to show up there, and so all we got were lame excuses, which keep changing on a daily basis. First, after talking **** on the M5 board about how you were "ready to go", and that you were "sick of talking, and ready for some do-ing", you suddenly got busy with school THE SAME DAY when SGC agreed to meet you at Moroso.

So, we tried to set up a second race at Moroso; you wimped out and didn't show to that one either. Why? Well, because after seeing SGC's 12.11 timeslip, you suddenly got "camera shy"...and you stayed camera shy after a CL55 owner agreed to show up--despite having promised us in writing on this forum (and on the M5 board) on at least eight separate occasions that you WOULD go to Moroso.

All of this after talking **** for dozens of post about what wimps AMG owners were, who didn't have the guts to show up?

YOU'RE THE **** TALKER WITH NO GUTS!

In so doing, you were exposed as a liar. Do you think anyone here believes anything you have to say after being busted in so many outright lies?

In so doing, you have also been exposed as a big ol' ****-talking chicken with no sack. Do you think anyone cares whether or not you show up NOW after being made to look so dumb for two solid months? So, my work with you is done. Come back when you're man enough to keep your word and meet a CL55 at Moroso.

Until then, you have been truly and thoroughly

Last edited by Improviz; 02-06-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:51 PM

2003 BMW M5
Question

Oh, it will? Proof? Hint: "because APK says so" is not proof.

What would have convinced us was actually showing up when we arranged for a CL55 to meet you at Moroso and racing him. Unfortunately, you were too much of a wimp to show up there, and so all we got were lame excuses, which keep changing on a daily basis. First, after talking **** on the M5 board about how you were "ready to go", and that you were "sick of talking, and ready for some do-ing", you suddenly got busy with school THE SAME DAY when SGC agreed to meet you at Moroso.

So, we tried to set up a second race at Moroso; you wimped out and didn't show to that one either. Why? Well, because after seeing SGC's 12.11 timeslip, you suddenly got "camera shy"...and you stayed camera shy after a CL55 owner agreed to show up--despite having promised us in writing on this forum (and on the M5 board) on at least eight separate occasions that you WOULD go to Moroso.

All of this after talking **** for dozens of post about what wimps AMG owners were, who didn't have the guts to show up?

YOU'RE THE **** TALKER WITH NO GUTS!

In so doing, you were exposed as a liar. Do you think anyone here believes anything you have to say after being busted in so many outright lies?

In so doing, you have also been exposed as a big ol' ****-talking chicken with no sack. Do you think anyone cares whether or not you show up NOW after being made to look so dumb for two solid months? So, my work with you is done. Come back when you're man enough to keep your word and meet a CL55 at Moroso.

Until then, you have been truly and thoroughly
Show me a stock CL55 with quarter mile times posted at 12.0 or 12.2 like the E55 and I will believe you that they are the same speed. Everybody admits that the E55 is faster except you. There is no stock CL55 that can run a 12.0 or even close. Prove to me that I am wrong. I was ready to run and I got a call that there was no race. That's all that I know. Anyways, I have nothing to prove to you. I know what happened that day, and I know that i can run right with the mighty 55's.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:49 PM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
Show me a stock CL55 with quarter mile times posted at 12.0 or 12.2 like the E55 and I will believe you that they are the same speed. Everybody admits that the E55 is faster except you. There is no stock CL55 that can run a 12.0 or even close. Prove to me that I am wrong. I was ready to run and I got a call that there was no race. That's all that I know. Anyways, I have nothing to prove to you. I know what happened that day, and I know that i can run right with the mighty 55's.

here's a 12.4:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...slip-3172.html
Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 PM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
a 12.38:

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm
Old 02-05-2005, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
APK, it doesn't work that way.

The fact is that YOU claimed to beat a CL55, and agreed to run any and all AMGs.

WE arranged for first an E55, then later a CL55, to meet you at Moroso.

MULTIPLE times, despite our invitations, YOU failed to show.

Period.

You can lie like a rug until all eternity, but the facts are established.

And until or unless you actually keep your word and show up & race, AND BEAT one, like you claimed, no amount of excuses, whining, lying, or obfuscation on your part can change that.

YOU gave us your word, eight separate times, that you would race at Moroso. I've provided the links to prove this.

AFTER so doing, YOU were invited, six separate times.. I've provided the links to prove this.

YOU REFUSED to show. I've provided the links to prove this.

Your words are right there, in black and white, for all to see.

Period.

End of story.

Last edited by Improviz; 02-06-2005 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:10 AM

APK1013,

all you need to do is take your car to any track (by yourself or with someone else) do a run and show a slip of high 12s and your story is believable. Even a 13 dead would convince me that you know how to drive your car and on the street it would be possible that you could beat a faster car. Until you do that don't bother with any more posts!
Old 02-06-2005, 02:16 PM

2006 VW Passat
APK just give up the lies. Nobody believes you.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:21 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by reggid
i'm not questioning the source, i'm just curious about the large difference.

The lap time is correct, but the speed at some of areas on the track is not comparable. I would guess Sport Auto has made some changes to where they put the timing points.

Its kind of obvious that if the M5 managed 150 kph, the SL55 will not do 200 kph on the same spot.

BTW: the SLR Maclaren is stated to do 155 kph.
It looks like the earler test are using a spot that indicates speed close to 200 kph, while the newer is probably moved a bit and show speeds at app 150 kph.

http://www.track-challenge.com/compa...Car1=63&Car2=2

Take a look at this to prove my point.....

You will see that difference also on other cars tested, and it does not add up.

The laptime of the SL55 is very impressive, is is infact faster than a delimited SL65 did recently with the same driver.
Info not updated in the "Track-challenge" web site yet. Just got the mag myselves.

The reasson that the M5 did not go faster is most probably tire choice and the fact that the car was a very early pre-production car. The car tested was equipmed with conti tires. It will when delivery start, be put on faster Michelines. Several test also indicate that the first test cars was "slower" than the recently tested cars, they now consistantly pull mid 13 sec in the 0-125 mph run.....
How much faster it will be around the ring I have no idea....

Me to would belive the SL55 to have lower center of gravity, but maybe not....
Old 02-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55
This is the most hilarious thred. I just picked up on it and read it from beginning to finish. So where does this story end? Have any runs been completed? And if so where are the results? By the way, in my opinion there is NO WAY a modded M5 (short of turbo or supercharging) can stand up to a stock AMG '55 car. In truth as "unfair" as it may be to compare these cars since one is supercharged and one isn't, we should all note that a good measure of comparison is by production specs. Meaning no mods whatsoever from the showroom floor. I personally drive an SL55 and have owned an M5. Not to mention that I also have a buddy who has an '03 M5 with some mods. I know how the story ends in my book. But what I am curious about is whether this bickering between Improviz and APK have concluded. Anyone?

Last edited by reminder99; 02-08-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reminder99
This is the most hilarious thred. I just picked up on it and read it from beginning to finish. So where does this story end? Have any runs been completed?
No...APK is rather unreliable. He promised to go to Moroso both here and at the M5board at least eight times, but refused to show up.

And if so where are the results? By the way, in my opinion there is NO WAY a modded M5 (short of turbo or supercharging) can stand up to a stock AMG '55 car. In truth as "unfair" as it may be to compare these cars since one is supercharged and one isn't, we should all note that a good measure of comparison is by production specs. Meaning no mods whatsoever from the showroom floor. I personally drive an SL55 and have owned an M5. Not to mention that I also have a buddy who has an '03 M5 with some mods. I know how the story ends in my book.
Yeah, and so does he...which is why I suspect he refused to show up. He kept changing his tune to fit the song and moving the goalposts: when I first told him he was full of it and challenged him to run a supercharged AMG at a dragstrip, he accepted, said he'd race any and all AMGs, hurled a bunch of insults, saying he was ready to go, we were wimps, yadda yadda...and, not
realizing that things on this forum take a bit mroe time, the longer the delay, the more ****y he got--until SGC agreed to run him in his E55.

When suddenly, APK wasn't "ready to go", and wasn't asking "where are the AMGs?" anymore; he balked, and then started whining about how he only wanted to run the CL55, but still agreed to run SGC at Moroso, the closest track. So, SGC went, several times, inviting APK, who of course never showed up, and once SGC posted a 12.00 timeslip, he suddenly started refusing to go to Moroso, even when we located a CL55 to meet him there. Why? Well, he was camera shy, and didn't think he'd drive his car to it's full potential. He did say he'd show up if someone else could drive for him, which kind of put the lie to his earlier claim of mad rowing skills.

I suspect the real reason was that he wouldn't show was that so far, no CL55 has agreed to meet him on the street, only at Moroso...so, by refusing to go to Moroso, he can avoid the CL55, still agree to meet the E55 on the street, and by stubbornly insisting the E55 will kill the CL55, can claim that he made a "respectable showing" against the E55, and would have done oh so much better against the slower CL55...

Of course, the fact that Motor Trend tested both cars the same doesn't change his tune, because he knows he's pinned and seems to be hoping that someone might actually be stupid enough to believe his bull****.

Motor Trend's test of CL55: 0-60: 4.27 sec.; 1/4 mile: 12.38 @ 114.45:

Motor Trend's test of E55: 0-60: 4.2 sec.; 1/4 mile: 12.39@ 116.21:

So much for his bull****.

And so here we stand: now he's claiming that a CL55 will get "killed" by an E55 (the CL55 weighs 180 pounds more, all other things including Cd are equal, which doesn't add up to more than a tenth or two at most), but of course he wouldn't show up at Moroso to run the CL55 when he had the chance...

But what I am curious about is whether this bickering between Improviz and APK have concluded. Anyone?
Pretty much. As I showed in my last post, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. We arranged races against the car he claimed to beat at a strip, which is what he accepted in the first place, and he wussed out and didn't show. That's a loss by default in my book.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:40 PM

2006 VW Passat
Hey apk, make sure you do not try to put on make up in the mirror during the race, that is if you got enough guts to race
Old 02-12-2005, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Between the two threads here and there and I freaking dying!!!! I am at a complete loss for words. From page three over there... should be settled in the twisties... ok, I have a 200 hp I4 Kompressor, can I play? No, seriously?

Improviz, you really now how to lay out the smack down, damn.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 AM

2006 VW Passat
I Smell P*ssy
P-u-s-s-y
Old 02-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Almost a Member!

I re-registered just to reply to this thread. Why get so upset with this guy?
Old 02-20-2005, 09:53 PM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
So, did APK or did he not show up for the race?

Did he "represent"?

Did he smoke the AMGs, or just what the heck was he schmoking?

The suspense is killing me...
Old 02-20-2005, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by wobbles
So, did APK or did he not show up for the race?

Did he "represent"?

Did he smoke the AMGs, or just what the heck was he schmoking?

The suspense is killing me...
Summary: ===>click here: <===