CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Fake CL65 Spotting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol lexani gets ****ted on everywhere he goes huh?

i say, if thats his cup of tea, let it be. everyone has their own opinions about how to finance, but everyone sees different values in the dollar. if you own a house. good for you. if you own a benz, good for you. be grateful and respect others decisions. we are here to share information about or cars, not how to finance your assets.

btw anyone want a loan? LOL
Old 03-11-2005, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by fadedinc

i say, if thats his cup of tea, let it be. everyone has their own opinions about how to finance, but everyone sees different values in the dollar. if you own a house. good for you. if you own a benz, good for you. be grateful and respect others decisions. we are here to share information about or cars, not how to finance your assets.

interest only for lex
Old 03-11-2005, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
interest only for lex
...and a reverse mortgage loan, too.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by AMGfan
...and a reverse mortgage loan, too.
lol, if he owned a home. unfortunately mr. lexani rents so there is nothing he can draw equity from.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
lol, if he owned a home. unfortunately mr. lexani rents so there is nothing he can draw equity from.
I would give Lexi the benefit of the doubt on everything, but I still can't get owning 2 similar cars. If I were a true baller, I'd have the SL (sunny days and I have just one cutout of my latest supermodel conquest) and an S55 (when my boys in the hood are pimping with me on the way to neverland to refill on some Jesus juice). But that's me.

Have a safe weekend, folks.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:37 PM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
Just my humble two cents worth here -

1. Yes, I've read the thread where Lexani promised a video he later couldn't quite deliver
2. Yes, I've seen pictures of his two SL600s
3. Yes, I've read his "road kill" stories
4. Yes, he disappeared from the forums for a while after the incident in point number 1

But,

1. No, I do not have conclusive evidence that he does, nor do I have proof that he doesn't, in fact own what he claims he owns.
2. No, I am not Lexani and how I use/value/perceive my money may be very different from how he does it
3. No, I feel it's rather unbecoming and quite unkind of us to berate and belittle some person based on what/how we perceive "the world should be this right side up"
4. No, I still believe a person is innocent until proven guilty

And Lexani surely deserves to be given a chance to showcase his cars - he did say he was turning up for some motor meet this Saturday ... let's extend him that courtesy until then now, shall we?

For what it's worth, I drive a 2005 E200 Kompressor that's (over)priced at more than S$200,000. For that kind of cash I put down for the E200 here, I could buy two SL600s over where you guys are - if they went for USD$65,000 each (S$104,000), as what someone mentioned.

Would I? Probably not.

Would Lexani? I don't know - but it's not for me to judge what he would or wouldn't do.

Peace.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Wait...you drive a WHAT!?...For HOW much!?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Why do you guys give a ***** how he spends his money? Who are you to define someone's happiness? I understand and agree with many of you who spout the benefits of home ownership (I happen to own three here in San Diego); however, you're not Lexani and you don't know his priorities except that he loves cars and doesn;t want a house. So what. It's not what I would do, but I'm not walking in his shoes.

Not everybody wants a house (although with CA sppreciation he could have paid cash for a 600.)

This is an MB forum, not a financial planning meeting.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:42 PM

W208 55 & R170 230
He is CORRECT,

Singapore has very crazy tax regulations on cars.,., the average price is around 300% higher than the ones in U.S

plus you dont' get to drive your car every day, because you have to buy a lisence to drive the car on specific day... e.g. monday wed friday or tue thur sat.. etc etc.

to clear things up a bit., singapore as a country is about half the size of HONG KONG,, or ..... you can go from north to south of the country within two hour

Last edited by mtimmy; 03-11-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Wait...you drive a WHAT!?...For HOW much!?
Yup, you read right bro...

Singapore has one of the highest car prices in the world - an E55 would have set me back half a million Singaporean dollars (approximately USD310,000). We also have to pay for the RIGHT to own a car - that's called a Certificate of Entitlement, and currently, the COE is at record LOW prices of what, $20,000 per piece of paper - that's right, a piece of paper for the right to go ahead and splurge on that $200,000 E-Class.

So, does that mean with those ridiculous car prices (and petrol/gas here is $1.58 per litre (that's what, 1/4 of a gallon?), that all Singaporeans are crazy to wanna drive around in MBs?

It just means we have a very different perception on what's affordable or not, and what's worth paying for, or not, that I'd dare surmise, our American MB driver counterparts.

And who knows? Maybe - just maybe - Lexani adopts a similarly different perspective/perception here?

For prices on what I've just quoted re my E-Class, click HERE - the base price is listed as $199,888.00. I have Parktronic installed for an additional $3,400, and upgraded my rims to Avantgarde specs for another $1,600 - so, yes, my car is about $200,000 in total, for a E-class 200Kompressor.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by mtimmy
He is CORRECT,

plus you dont' get to drive your car every day, because you have to buy a lisence to drive the car on specific day... e.g. monday wed friday or tue thur sat.. etc etc.
That's what we call a "weekend plate" car - you CAN drive it about town, but only from 7pm onwards, and the car needs to be taken off the road come 7am.

This is our way of regulating congestion on the roads, amongst other methods.

If you really need to take the red-plated "weekend car" out on a daytime drive, you'll have to purchase a day licence for $20, valid for that one day only.

A weekend plate car has slightly lower road-tax and enjoys a certain rebate in terms of something or the other which I can't recall (I think it's a cheaper Certificate of Entitlement), but the PRICES you pay for the car are STILL THE SAME.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
omg I had NO idea, I'm scared to ask what a Maybach 57 or 62 would run, let alone an Enzo!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by thericker55
If you were leasing them you'd probably be paying much higher monthly payments than if you BOUGHT them in which case, you'd have to put a sizeable down payment on each of them, which would make your monthly payments some what less expensive.
I was just checking to see how insane you are? How far you go to break your back making rediculous car, and Insurance, payments to look like a Baller,(Buying 2 of the exact same cars????) only to drive your potential girlfriends, IE. dates, to that OLD APARTMENT BUILDING (looks like a place I used to live at when I was going to college!)
What do you tell your friends, dates ect?.. "UH my place is being fumigated, This is my pool cleaners crib we can just kick it here"
Yeah you're making the right choice, what am I thinking who wouldn't want to live in a DUMP! and be able to drive Not one but TWO of the same cars, sounds like you've got a great plan......
Ok. First thing, all my friends seem to except me for who I am-- not where I live or what I drive. There happy for me, why? Because IM happy how my life is going. I love living where I live now, and I quite frankly, dont care what you guys think. Call it a dump, call me crazy-- Im happy. In my life, I aim not to please YOU or ANYONE for that ****ing matter, Im out to please myself, now Im sorry if you dont like my lifestyle-- but **** you and every other member that decided I suddenly cared about what they think of my life to this point. Im happy, having two of the same cars-- really. I LOVE seeing both of my cars next to each other in the morning, I LOVE having to flip a coin to see which car Im taking out today, I dont care if you people dont. I really dont. I dont tell my friends anything-- I dont tell my dates anything. Im 41 and too old to care what some broad thinks about my space-- mind you, I dont pick up ladies in my cars, its not my intention when purchasing a car. Im sorry you dont like where I live, really. But if you have an issue, heres a tissue. Go cry to your friends, and if it makes you sleep better tonight, continue harrassing me for where I live and what I drive.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thericker55
Yeah right sounds like you're up to your EYEBALLS IN DEBT FLOATING ON CREDIT!
And if I were, your point? Ok, your the better man. Is that what you wanted to hear? You the better man. Now leave me be.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by fadedinc

Yes, I do. I dont know why, but quite frankly, Im thinking of leaving the forums-- this time permantly. After the meet pherhaps, so I leave with not being labeled a Poser. I dont know why everyone has to hate, I really dont.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the bank owns his cars until he pays the last payment (sometime around 2050).
Nope. You dont know ***** about my situation-- so stop trying to sound smart-- idiot, you look like an a$$hole.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
I would give Lexi the benefit of the doubt on everything, but I still can't get owning 2 similar cars. If I were a true baller, I'd have the SL (sunny days and I have just one cutout of my latest supermodel conquest) and an S55 (when my boys in the hood are pimping with me on the way to neverland to refill on some Jesus juice). But that's me.

Have a safe weekend, folks.
Again, Im not here to make you happy. I see your point, and thanks for not bashing on me, but Im not here to make you happy.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WIldcat465
Why do you guys give a ***** how he spends his money? Who are you to define someone's happiness? I understand and agree with many of you who spout the benefits of home ownership (I happen to own three here in San Diego); however, you're not Lexani and you don't know his priorities except that he loves cars and doesn;t want a house. So what. It's not what I would do, but I'm not walking in his shoes.

Not everybody wants a house (although with CA sppreciation he could have paid cash for a 600.)

This is an MB forum, not a financial planning meeting.
...Thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wobbles
Just my humble two cents worth here -

1. Yes, I've read the thread where Lexani promised a video he later couldn't quite deliver
2. Yes, I've seen pictures of his two SL600s
3. Yes, I've read his "road kill" stories
4. Yes, he disappeared from the forums for a while after the incident in point number 1

But,

1. No, I do not have conclusive evidence that he does, nor do I have proof that he doesn't, in fact own what he claims he owns.
2. No, I am not Lexani and how I use/value/perceive my money may be very different from how he does it
3. No, I feel it's rather unbecoming and quite unkind of us to berate and belittle some person based on what/how we perceive "the world should be this right side up"
4. No, I still believe a person is innocent until proven guilty

And Lexani surely deserves to be given a chance to showcase his cars - he did say he was turning up for some motor meet this Saturday ... let's extend him that courtesy until then now, shall we?

For what it's worth, I drive a 2005 E200 Kompressor that's (over)priced at more than S$200,000. For that kind of cash I put down for the E200 here, I could buy two SL600s over where you guys are - if they went for USD$65,000 each (S$104,000), as what someone mentioned.

Would I? Probably not.

Would Lexani? I don't know - but it's not for me to judge what he would or wouldn't do.

Peace.
Come tomorrow, my name will be cleared, of that you may be sure. Im not sure if I owe you a thanks, but-- Thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
BTW Lex, Mars Red is the *****. My wife loves hers.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WIldcat465
BTW Lex, Mars Red is the *****. My wife loves hers.
I love it too! Its just, I fear of being mad of because of the color-- when I went to purchase it, the salesperson was kind of like: "You sure about the color?" Even he had to criticize what I like. Im like a ***** magnet, and I simply do not understand it.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by Lexani
Nope. You dont know ***** about my situation-- so stop trying to sound smart-- idiot, you look like an a$$hole.
yes i dont know what your specific situation, but somehow i think banks treat you the same as the rest of us. so, unless you produce pics of your pinks, you dont own jack!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Lexani,

You're welcome. I got kinda put off by the sledging that was going on here ... I've always had a thought that MB owners should share a certain camaraderie - after all, we had the good taste to choose what is (still) a good marque .

I hope you will be able to put to rest all these nasty rumours and insinuations when you turn up later today (it's Saturday here in Singapore) in your SL600 ... and please don't leave the forums. It would be a sad day indeed if these forums cannot support people of different ideas and values and opinions.

My humble opinion, nothing more.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yes i dont know what your specific situation, but somehow i think banks treat you the same as the rest of us. so, unless you produce pics of your pinks, you dont own jack!
Ditto, so why harrass me?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
omg I had NO idea, I'm scared to ask what a Maybach 57 or 62 would run, let alone an Enzo!
I don't know how much a Maybach would cost (at my service centre, there's one being displayed), but the prices for a Ferrari Modena 360 start from S$750,000 before the certificate of entitlement and any other additional road tax/charges/insurance - and we're talking about the basic model here.

Similarly, a Lamboghini Gallardo is from S$818,000 - without the F1 transmission, or whatever they call the automatic transmission.

Enzo? Oh, I dare say something in the region of what, S$2 million (USD1.25 million, at current exchange rates of USD1 = S$1.61)?

Last edited by wobbles; 03-11-2005 at 10:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake CL65 Spotting