CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Fake CL65 Spotting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by wobbles
Lexani,

You're welcome. I got kinda put off by the sledging that was going on here ... I've always had a thought that MB owners should share a certain camaraderie - after all, we had the good taste to choose what is (still) a good marque .

I hope you will be able to put to rest all these nasty rumours and insinuations when you turn up later today (it's Saturday here in Singapore) in your SL600 ... and please don't leave the forums. It would be a sad day indeed if these forums cannot support people of different ideas and values and opinions.

My humble opinion, nothing more.
Well, as proven by this thread-- even MB owners get jealous of each other. Anyways, i will go to the meet, as it seems the ones that are causing this will not be at the meet, so at least there I can enjoy my time with fellow MB owners. Thank you for your understanding the issue at hand, and not hating just because I dont share your beliefs in happiness. Depending on how the meet goes, I might stay. It will all depend. I agree with your first paragraph 100%, and thank you for trusting me on this issue, as tomorrow (for me), you will see, you were right on the money.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Bro...invest in a disposable camera at a pharmacy, take pics of the meet with your car(s), and ask for a cd-rom instead of prints, post the pics, and all haters will jump back. I don't think in the grand scheme of things we care what you do with your money, it is just that some here don't even think you have the two SL's.

But that's me...everybody at the meet have fun!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Where exactly is this meet? maybe I'll drop in, but I'll be in the 360 not the AMG. So where is it?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Bro...invest in a disposable camera at a pharmacy, take pics of the meet with your car(s), and ask for a cd-rom instead of prints, post the pics, and all haters will jump back. I don't think in the grand scheme of things we care what you do with your money, it is just that some here don't even think you have the two SL's.

Im not taking pics. Bro. Im going to be there, and I dont care if I come back and no one believes me, Im not out to prove the world anything. Im just out to have some fun.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Where exactly is this meet? maybe I'll drop in, but I'll be in the 360 not the AMG. So where is it?
Rosebowl in Pasadena, So-Cal. Matter of fact, if your going, why dont you meet me and Sillyent at Huntington Beach, Sport Chalet Beach and Edinger. We decided to meet there and go to the meet together. He has an E55, and maybe we can get some racing in there, if you show up, it would be amazing. Let me through PM or here, it would pretty cool to travel as a small pack.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Lexani
Im not taking pics. Bro. Im going to be there, and I dont care if I come back and no one believes me, Im not out to prove the world anything. Im just out to have some fun.
Ok...let Sillyent take the pics and he can post them. I'm sure he has a digital camera handy.

I'll give him a heads up on the W211 forum.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok...let Sillyent take the pics and he can post them. I'm sure he has a digital camera handy.

I'll give him a heads up on the W211 forum.
Sounds fair. But- wow. You guys are out to get me for sure.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Ditto, so why harrass me?
well i just found it odd that someone would drive 2 of the same very expensive car and prefer to rent a place in lieu of ownership, but whatever. i was only messing around until you started swearing at me, at that point i got annoyed. i dont care what you drive, its your choice. this is america not iran.

i just get frustrated with people who think that you can spend all your money in the moment with no care for the future. society ends up paying the price, but again thats the cost of doing business in america. i would not want it any other way, so have fun driving your SLs and i will have fun driving my old slow tank. my priority is to save for a house, yours is not. not a big deal on its own, but you still have to realize the consequences. i.e. lost investment potential, etc.

have a good weekend.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL

i believe him, that wasnt my point.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
i believe him, that wasnt my point.
Point taken...you being prudent with your money is someone else's..."you can't take your money to the grave" mentality. However, he has a son and that mentality might not serve him well...just my opinion.

Hey, I like how you spell your name. I'm a "Jon", too. Sounds like a Kids in the Hall episode.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rosebowl in Pasadena, So-Cal. Matter of fact, if your going, why dont you meet me and Sillyent at Huntington Beach, Sport Chalet Beach and Edinger. We decided to meet there and go to the meet together. He has an E55, and maybe we can get some racing in there, if you show up, it would be amazing. Let me through PM or here, it would pretty cool to travel as a small pack.
lol I have a phobia of E55s!!! I lost to about 2 last weekend in the Modena.. maybe I'll take the S..what time is the meet?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Point taken...you being prudent with your money is someone else's..."you can't take your money to the grave" mentality. However, he has a son and that mentality might not serve him well...just my opinion.

Hey, I like how you spell your name. I'm a "Jon", too. Sounds like a Kids in the Hall episode.
i totally agree, there are too many americans out there that dont save a penny. they end up living off the rest of us in the end in the form of SS, etc. the point is for each generation to live better than the last, to build family wealth. cant do that when you spend all your money on non-appreciating assets. he has made that conscious decision, and its his right. however, i dont think he has the right to leave his children debt, if that is how it ends up. that would be an amazingly selfish act.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol I have a phobia of E55s!!! I lost to about 2 last weekend in the Modena.. maybe I'll take the S..what time is the meet?
You'll have a bigger phobia of my SL600 :v Hahaha, anyways the meet is at 2 PM, I dont know if you get this in time, but if you do bring the Modena, there will be a lot of other cars for you to pick on-- like the G55s and the C230s.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well I've done a few mods this week, plus I don't think anyone in a C230 or a G would run with a Ferrari, well I would but i'm just crazy like that!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Lexani,

I read this thread and initially agreed with the haters, but reading your posts made me change my mind. Honestly, I do feel it's silly when people own cars thare are more expensive than their houses, but my perception of those people isn't going to deter it from happening. Personally, even if you bought some loft in a nice building I think it would be better than the place people are describing, but you seem pretty set in your ways, so more power to you. I don't think you give having a nice place of your own enough credit, but I won't lecture on that subject because as I said you seem pretty set in your ways. You made your decision more based on personal preference rather than rampant ignorance, so there's nothing people can say about it. You do have a point, many of the houses in affluent neighborhoods have 3-4 cars who's combined worth is less than the Carlsson 1/16 ULs I'm looking at. I guess it all just depends on what's important. I don't know how people can roll into an 800k house driving a $5000 '90 Camry w/ 150k on it, but who am I to judge. I know that's just not how I'd want to live, and it's not how you want to live either.

If you have the cars and enjoy driving them, more power to you. As long as you don't let it get to your head like many other MB owners, I think you'll do just fine.

-m
Old 03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Lexani,

I read this thread and initially agreed with the haters, but reading your posts made me change my mind. Honestly, I do feel it's silly when people own cars thare are more expensive than their houses, but my perception of those people isn't going to deter it from happening. Personally, even if you bought some loft in a nice building I think it would be better than the place people are describing, but you seem pretty set in your ways, so more power to you. I don't think you give having a nice place of your own enough credit, but I won't lecture on that subject because as I said you seem pretty set in your ways. You made your decision more based on personal preference rather than rampant ignorance, so there's nothing people can say about it. You do have a point, many of the houses in affluent neighborhoods have 3-4 cars who's combined worth is less than the Carlsson 1/16 ULs I'm looking at. I guess it all just depends on what's important. I don't know how people can roll into an 800k house driving a $5000 '90 Camry w/ 150k on it, but who am I to judge. I know that's just not how I'd want to live, and it's not how you want to live either.

If you have the cars and enjoy driving them, more power to you. As long as you don't let it get to your head like many other MB owners, I think you'll do just fine.

-m
Marcus,

Agreeing with me? Whoa, are pigs really flying? Haha, anyways, its not so much I do not give enough credit to have a nice place, its the fact that my financial status is not high enough to have one of those places. Without my SL600s, sure, but-- I would rather live where I am now, and have the vehicles I currently have, than live where one of my friends does and drive a '05 Toyota Camry LE. If I would rid myself of my SL600s, I would be living on a hill in Newport Beach, big mansion, have 20 butlers, and a 10 car garage where my Toyotas and Hondas would nicely line up. I figured long ago, when I first started getting a high income, I would rather own a nice car versa a nice house-- granted real estate has its perks, but my mentality, as a member put it: "You cant take your money to the grave." So, great. I have a big house, worth 10 Million, Im 75 and drive a Honda, I die the next day, and than what? I enjoyed what? Driving my Honda to and from work?

Again, I see some people think they can money to the grave, and I guess they shall have to wait and see once your gone it wont matter what house you had, what car you had, how big your bank account was, nothing will matter-- your dead and gone, just another person. You lived life as you saw fit. And wether or not you owned a E55 or Big house wont change anything, thats why when people hate on me because of my choices, I shrug it off, because once Im gone, it wont matter. People hate on me, because I leave them in debt. How do you figure? Schwarzwagen, thats a bit selfish, you dont want me driving my SL600 because later you'll lose your money-- nonsense.

Regards,
John

Last edited by Lexani; 03-31-2005 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very well put Lex, very well put.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:45 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Yeah, Lexani, I'm with you. It's your money and it's totally up to you how you spend it. Who are we to judge? Nobody should tell you what to do with your OWN money.
I don't agree that we should impose our views on others, it's ok to have an opinion and to state it but we really shouldn't be bashing Lexani like that.

Wobbles, car prices in Malaysia are preposterous too as you may well know. JLLK has recently purchased a CL65 for RM2.1 million if I'm not mistaken- take a look at his messages. Thats about USD550,000 at current rates. That's a massive figure due to our 300% import taxes on any car above 3000cc. An Enzo is available in Malaysia for RM10million = USD2.6 million.
Still, 2 persons have managed to purchase an Enzo.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:46 AM

If I would rid myself of my SL600s, I would be living on a hill in Newport Beach, big mansion, have 20 butlers, and a 10 car garage where my Toyotas and Hondas would nicely line up. .

Regards,
John
Really?? Just two sl600's would pay for a "big mansion on a hill in Newport Beach, 20 butlers, and a 10 car garage with Toyotas"??

Your brain is the size of a Toyota shift knob if you believe what you post here.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Belmondo
Really?? Just two sl600's would pay for a "big mansion on a hill in Newport Beach, 20 butlers, and a 10 car garage with Toyotas"??

Your brain is the size of a Toyota shift knob if you believe what you post here.
Belmondo,

Sir, you have to take in account money I have outside of my vehicles. And I'll get you a little hint, its a near 7 digit figure. I wouldn't own two SL6s without some financial security.

Maybe you have my brain confused with yours-- think outside the box.

Regards,
John
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very well put Lex, very well put.
Thank you. I know Im not the best when it comes to explaining, but I tried to the best of my ability.

Also, Im sending you a PM, regarding the meet.

Best Regards,
John
Old 03-31-2005, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gobiz
Yeah, Lexani, I'm with you. It's your money and it's totally up to you how you spend it. Who are we to judge? Nobody should tell you what to do with your OWN money.
I don't agree that we should impose our views on others, it's ok to have an opinion and to state it but we really shouldn't be bashing Lexani like that.

Wobbles, car prices in Malaysia are preposterous too as you may well know. JLLK has recently purchased a CL65 for RM2.1 million if I'm not mistaken- take a look at his messages. Thats about USD550,000 at current rates. That's a massive figure due to our 300% import taxes on any car above 3000cc. An Enzo is available in Malaysia for RM10million = USD2.6 million.
Still, 2 persons have managed to purchase an Enzo.
Talk about mark-up! Whoa.

Anyways, far as the subjects concerned:

It is your own money, which is why when I first started getting bashed I found it a bit, weird-- that someone should tell me how I should spend my money. Pretty soon, we'll have people telling us not to breathe all the oxygen on planet earth, and save some for the future generations.

Best Regards,
John
Old 03-31-2005, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hey guy you're so FULL OF **** IT'S STARTING TO STINK AROUND HERE...

Belmondo,

Sir, you have to take in account money I have outside of my vehicles. And I'll get you a little hint, its a near 7 digit figure. I wouldn't own two SL6s without some financial security.

Regards,
John
On one hand your bragging how much you drop each month on car payments, on the other your now going on about having some million dollar mystery nest egg, backing your 2 SL600's You really need to shut the hell up!
Just admit you live in a dumpy rental apartment, and your LEASING BOTH CARS, AND FINANCIALLY STRETCHED TO THE LIMIT, YES FLOATING ON CREDIT!! POSING LIKE YOUR SOME KIND OF ENTREPRENEUR WITH SUPPOSED MILLIONS BACKING YOUR FINANCIAL STUPIDITY MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOING ON "Oh if I wanted a Mansion on the hill all I have to do is drive a Camry" Dude you sound like a complete and total *** I think you posted before how you were going to leave this forum after the last meet?? please GET TO GETTIN'
Old 03-31-2005, 11:18 AM

Belmondo,

Regards,
John

OK your brain is the size of pin head if there is a notion in it that under one million dollars or $1.3 m buys "mansion on the hill in Newport Beach with 20 butlers, 10 car garage and Toyotas and Hondas in them".

YOu may be able to afford a condo or 2800sq.ft. three bedroom house but MANSION ON THE HILL with 20 butlers and 10 car garage?
$1.3 mil will buy you a house, forget the mansion , butlers, 10 garages and whatever else and just STF up, clown.

Jean-Paul
Old 03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is realitivley amusing to watch peoples reaction over that one comment, which infact was in a sarcastic tone; not that the better part of you noticed.

Look, point being, Im not going to argue with you, all Im saying is, that 6 (nearing 7) digit account, is not there for spending, if any of you knew a thing or two about buisness, you would know you have to invest. Thats what its there for. Granted, if I really wanted to, I could drop my corp, extract everything I got, sell my SLs, buy a Camry and house on a hill. Believe me or not, be it about my vehicles or about my money, there it is laid out for you.

Mystery Egg? Sir, please note I do not post every single detail about my life through the net-- just because you dont know about it, doesnt mean its not there. I got a Mac G5, or wait you didn't know about it-- mystery, aint it?

I'll admit I live in a "dumpy rental" and own 2 SLs, but what you have to believe in now, is one: They are not leased, and two: Face it, everyone needs some sort of financial security. Surely, you Ricker, have a savings, a type of "In Case" account. I thought I was not alone.

I dont see why everyone needs to know everything about my financial life. Its quite flattering actually, however that through, I ask please be a little more mature Ricker and do not attack me again whilst Im having a friendly discussion with mature board members.

Regards,
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake CL65 Spotting