2014 CLA45

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
I honestly don't consider Audi a competitor of BMW and Mercedes, more a competitor of Lexus and Acura to be honest... just look at their price points.
Wow! The top three premium brands are Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
I live in Europe and our standards in quality exceed american standards by far.
In Europe we don't drive Acura's for the simple reason that they are cheap cars and when it comes to finesse, there is just none. However lexus has been improving pretty much everything the last 5 years and now Europeans are starting to appreciate the brand.

I live in Geneva, the private bankers paradise and land of the wealthy. You can't have a conversation about premium cars without mentioning Audi RS, BMW MPower or Mercedes-Benz AMG. That's just the base here.

I wonder why americans see things so differently. Especially when it comes to the brand Audi. Maybe it's because you don't have access to all the models that we Europeans have.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elijah
Wow! The top three premium brands are Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
I live in Europe and our standards in quality exceed american standards by far.
In Europe we don't drive Acura's for the simple reason that they are cheap cars and when it comes to finesse, there is just none. However lexus has been improving pretty much everything the last 5 years and now Europeans are starting to appreciate the brand.

I live in Geneva, the private bankers paradise and land of the wealthy. You can't have a conversation about premium cars without mentioning Audi RS, BMW MPower or Mercedes-Benz AMG. That's just the base here.

I wonder why americans see things so differently. Especially when it comes to the brand Audi. Maybe it's because you don't have access to all the models that we Europeans have.
I am familiar with most brands. It's not my trade. A good friend of mine works on imports and he has always steered me away from Land/RangeRover, and VW/Audi. Rover is the worst in reliability, but he says he does a lot of warranty work on VW/Audi and only recommends the diesel models. BMW, MB, and Toyota/Lexus have much better track record. Others may think different, but he's been in this line for over 20 years and through his own work and from senior guys he has come to this conclusion. He's not the only one I've heard this from, but he's the one I trust if I'm making a decision on an auto. FWIW I'm in NY, US
I do agree that you have a lot of models that we don't get our hands on. Specifically diesels. For some models that are diesel we actually have to wait until they're 3 years old before they can be transferred to the state of NY aka the land of oz...