CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

Weistec Engineering Released the CLA45/A45 Downpipe and Midpipe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
Originally Posted by AWD
$1795 is Inconel Money, not 304 Stainless.
Hell, these can be made in high grade titanium for WAY less than that.

Sorry to be so rash, but this is the absolute truth. I'm sure my post will probably get deleted because they are a sponsor. But hopefully they get the message. Price gouging your customers is not a cool practice.
Of course all these parts are a complete rip off. But its not like there is that many options...hell Weistec is the only one in the US to have a DP therefore they can charge a million dollars if they want.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Originally Posted by vaelin
Curious as to why your stock dyno doesn't intersect at 5252rpm. If you shift the curves over to actually line up, it seems this system's gains are only recognized between ~5300 to redline.. and we lose a bit of hp/torque on the low-end.

I guess we need some third party dynos to confirm/deny the overall gains.
Very sharp observation, the after dyno does intersect at 5250rpm but the before does not. You are correct this will erase much of the perceived low end gains, which makes perfect sense because all the restriction from the cat is on the top end high rpms (when running on stock tune which has a set torque limiter and thus why there are little to no gains at lower rpms without a tune).

The gains with a tune would be greater throughout the powerband as it would not have the artificial torque limiter in place making everything look so flat. But on a stock car the gains would be less than currently projected if both charts crossed at 5250rpm as they should.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesyot
Of course all these parts are a complete rip off. But its not like there is that many options...hell Weistec is the only one in the US to have a DP therefore they can charge a million dollars if they want.
Did they give you tracking info or just an eta from them? I've been in contact and I don't want to even leave a deposit on a "new batch" because I'm not sure they've actually sent out an initial one. The last conversation I had they said there was some finishing touches that had to be done, which doesn't make much sense if they've already fulfilled some orders. Now they're recommending a deposit so you'll be in queue for the set in current production which they claim is a 2-3 week waiting period. I'm beginning to think that none have shipped. If they have it sucks for those who got the ones without the "finishing touches" whatever they may be.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by P3T3
Did they give you tracking info or just an eta from them? I've been in contact and I don't want to even leave a deposit on a "new batch" because I'm not sure they've actually sent out an initial one. The last conversation I had they said there was some finishing touches that had to be done, which doesn't make much sense if they've already fulfilled some orders. Now they're recommending a deposit so you'll be in queue for the set in current production which they claim is a 2-3 week waiting period. I'm beginning to think that none have shipped. If they have it sucks for those who got the ones without the "finishing touches" whatever they may be.
I ordered the DP the day it was "released". It has not shipped and still in production.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:43 PM

I ordered the DP the day it was "released". It has not shipped and still in production.
Sorry to hear that, keep us posted. Off-topic, how much was that intake. I sent them an email for cost and availability to ship and they responded by asking if I was installing myself before they could tell me price. Still waiting for their reply to that.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear that, keep us posted. Off-topic, how much was that intake. I sent them an email for cost and availability to ship and they responded by asking if I was installing myself before they could tell me price. Still waiting for their reply to that.
Ya it really annoys me that these companies take your money then wait like a month to send you product. Such bad business on their end. So far Arma has been the best Vendor I have dealt with. Intake was 1200
Old 07-25-2014, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD

Sorry to be so rash, but this is the absolute truth. I'm sure my post will probably get deleted because they are a sponsor. But hopefully they get the message. Price gouging your customers is not a cool practice.
Don't forget to add to the price of the shield into this kit. Will these pipes not fit the stock shield? It certainly is pricey compared to GTI DPs but they are the first to market.

My smog question still remains unanswered.........
Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes C200 CGI, CLS350, CLA45 AMG, AMG GTS(ordered)
'Ya it really annoys me that these companies take your money then wait like a month to send you product. Such bad business on their end. So far Arma has been the best Vendor I have dealt with. Intake was 1200'

Was this intake the version with the valve control or without?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ddtung
'Ya it really annoys me that these companies take your money then wait like a month to send you product. Such bad business on their end. So far Arma has been the best Vendor I have dealt with. Intake was 1200'

Was this intake the version with the valve control or without?
Without....Valve version was 1500
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 PM

Ya it really annoys me that these companies take your money then wait like a month to send you product. Such bad business on their end. So far Arma has been the best Vendor I have dealt with. Intake was 1200

Thank you! Still no response from them...valve version is intriguing. I wish they would answer. All in all, you notice a performance difference? Can definitely hear the turbo whining more, or more suction noise inside the cabin?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:35 PM

2012 Diavel
Originally Posted by AWD
When you start comparing to other performance parts for small production volume vehicles then it's in that typical range for a product that is first to market. I got that lesson in that buying performance exhausts for my Ducati where parts for the Ram were much lower.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 AM

CLA 45
This is not the only DP out there right now.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:54 AM

2012 Diavel
Originally Posted by ichiban
I believe you, I just started shopping and a lot of these names are unfamiliar. I recognized the Weistec name from research when I was considering a CLKBS.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Don't forget to add to the price of the shield into this kit. Will these pipes not fit the stock shield? It certainly is pricey compared to GTI DPs but they are the first to market.

My smog question still remains unanswered.........
the shield comes with the kit.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Weistec
Videos coming soon! We have sold many. We are sure there will be plenty of third party results. Stay tuned!

Weistec Engineering
3+ weeks later we are still "tuned" in yet not one person has received this .
Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 AM

C32 AMG
it seems as tho forums have turned into the new kickstarter, funding the develop of products instead of selling them.

even big names such as weistec are using forums as their kickstarter platform.

terrible.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM

C32 AMG
what else is out there then lol ? LINKS please
Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 PM

CLA 45
Weistec - I'm curious as to what you guys did to prevent a CEL. Your DP quality looks top notch and everything else looks as though it follows the factory piece as well.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Weistec - I'm curious as to what you guys did to prevent a CEL. Your DP quality looks top notch and everything else looks as though it follows the factory piece as well.
I asked one of their engineers if they spaced out the sensor to trick it and he told me that they positioned the sensor so that it would not get as much flow past it. The picture doesn't look all that different to me, maybe there's something internally, IDK. He wouldn't elaborate any further (trade secrets, again IDK). But he did say that they had the instruments to know exactly where to position it so that it would not set off a CEL guaranteed.

I'm still waiting for real world feedback and I'm not sure any units have been shipped out as of yet.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 PM

CLA 45
Thanks P3T3...interesting theory
Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Guys we apologize for the delay in our shipping times. As a company that values true quality in their products we want to be sure to deliver only the best products to our customers. With this in mind, we noticed issues with the titanium ceramic coating near the outlet of the turbo on a few systems we have manufactured. The coating has had flaking issues and would pose more of a cosmetic problem down the line. We have isolated the issue to the type of ceramic we are coating with and the problem has been rectified. The systems will ship shortly. Thanks to those that have been patiently waiting. Please feel free to email or call us anytime.

Weistec Engineering
Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I asked one of their engineers if they spaced out the sensor to trick it and he told me that they positioned the sensor so that it would not get as much flow past it. The picture doesn't look all that different to me, maybe there's something internally, IDK. He wouldn't elaborate any further (trade secrets, again IDK). But he did say that they had the instruments to know exactly where to position it so that it would not set off a CEL guaranteed.

I'm still waiting for real world feedback and I'm not sure any units have been shipped out as of yet.

So...this means it will also pass OBDII smog since we are using the stock tune and readiness monitors are on, right?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity
So...this means it will also pass OBDII smog since we are using the stock tune and readiness monitors are on, right?
Yes it will pass, but bring it to a shop you know. It'll fool the computer, but not someone afraid of losing their inspection license. I've yet to see anyone go any farther than getting the OK from the computer and issuing a sticker. These definitely don't look like "dummy cars", but if they don't know that you're not trying to burn them who knows if they'll let it go through.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes it will pass, but bring it to a shop you know. It'll fool the computer, but not someone afraid of losing their inspection license. I've yet to see anyone go any farther than getting the OK from the computer and issuing a sticker. These definitely don't look like "dummy cars", but if they don't know that you're not trying to burn them who knows if they'll let it go through.
Tks. In all of my years in NV, I have never seen anyone crawl down and do an inspection under the car on an OBD-II emissions test. I think in NV, as long as the car is clean and you fork over the annual inspection dollars, the state is happy.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I was out at Weistec a little over a week ago, they took me for a spin in their CLA45 test mule, the car is VERY impressive. Not exactly sure what all was done to the one I rode in but it was a night and day difference over a stock CLA45. The stock CLA45 has a little lag and delay when you stomp the pedal, the Weistec car is like a light switch and you feel the power NOW! Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with 800-1200 AMG's....I was VERY impressed that they can make that much power with a 4 cylinder. I am on the list for one of the AMG factory built CLA45 race cars, as soon as I take delivery of it will be getting shipped off to Weistec for some extra love. I was on the fence about the CLA45 race car but after seeing what Wesitec has done with these cars I am sold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Engineering Released the CLA45/A45 Downpipe and Midpipe!