Notices
CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Dynamic PLUS Package Workaround - Anything I am Missing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru WRX STI - 2018
Dynamic PLUS Package Workaround - Anything I am Missing?

So I am planning to order a CLA 45 specd out for myself in Patagonia Red or Mountain Gray Magno in the next month or so. I really can't justify pushing the sticker price on this car over 65k, which the marketing magicians at Mercedes have definately tried to trap you if you want performance items. I really want the Dynamic Package Plus, but to add it on top of things I have to add the worthless Multmedia Package. So I have come up with a work around to get almost everything and save about 3 grand., $2960 Calculated. My question is, is there anything else besides the Upgraded brakes and speed increase I will not have by doing this?

Order Standard Packages
Dynamic Package
- AMG Performance Steering Wheel Nappa/Dynamic
- RACE and Drift Modes
- AMG Drive Unit
- AMG High Performance Braking System
- AMG Ride Control Sport Suspension 3-Stage Dampening
- Increase Top Speed
$4300

Multimedia Package
$1300

TOTAL - $5600

Order Work Around

AMG Performance Steering Wheel Nappa/Dynamic
$600

AMG Drive Unit
$400

AMG Ride Control Sport Suspension 3-Stage Dampening
$990

RACE & DRIFT MODES - RJAUTOMOTIVE.net
$350

BRAKE CALIPERS Painted (By Local Shop I use)
$300

TOTAL $2640
Old 12-15-2021, 01:48 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Something I want to point out... the brake calipers don't just change from silver to red. The red calipers are 6 piston while the silver ones are 4 piston.
The following users liked this post:
cyclrder (12-15-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 45
@Raj, would this invalidate the MB warranty?
Old 04-04-2022, 08:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 CLA 45 AMG
I ordered my car back in '21. It was built Jan 14th 2022 and I took deilvery 3/31/22. To me, the bigger brakes, adjustable suspension, and race/drift modes were the big things regarding the options on the package. The two options I cared about were the Dynamic Plus package and AMG seats. When I went to pick it up there was no Dynamic Plus package on the car. Parts weren't available at the time the car was built, so my car didn't get it. Made me really mad after waiting a year! RJAutomotive here I come!
Old 04-19-2022, 06:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
I'm not a tech guy, but do you think the Multi Media supports some features associated with the Dynamics Pkg?

If I decide to go CLA 45 AMG over the new C Class, I have to add the Dynamics Pkg and cut costs in other areas.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:36 AM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Chemical7
I'm not a tech guy, but do you think the Multi Media supports some features associated with the Dynamics Pkg?

If I decide to go CLA 45 AMG over the new C Class, I have to add the Dynamics Pkg and cut costs in other areas.
My car has the multimedia package (lite) and I just added race mode and drift mode to mine without the dynamic package (although I wanted it, but parts were not available at the time the car was built). It is more software related for the majority of it and it is simple coding to unlock the menu or items you want. What did you want from the Dynamic Package? A lot of those items from the package can be added a le carte. I mainly wanted the 6 piston calipers, but I can't add that.

RJ Automotive just added my stuff. Easy!
Old 04-20-2022, 09:13 AM

2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
Originally Posted by Vaders CLA45
My car has the multimedia package (lite) and I just added race mode and drift mode to mine without the dynamic package (although I wanted it, but parts were not available at the time the car was built). It is more software related for the majority of it and it is simple coding to unlock the menu or items you want. What did you want from the Dynamic Package? A lot of those items from the package can be added a le carte. I mainly wanted the 6 piston calipers, but I can't add that.

RJ Automotive just added my stuff. Easy!
Just like you, I want the bigger brakes as the big brakes on my 507 saved me in a multi-car crash at high speed on the highway. Cars were piling up in front, back and sides of me, but I managed to stop and get the heck out of the way!

I did see that post about unlocking the Drift and Race mode, but I must have the brakes.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
I have to make a final decision soon - on adding Dynamic Plus to my build.
My allotment is for the third week of May.

To my surprise, I've been able to build a spec with Dynamic Plus that is only $1,040 above my current build.
I took out the fluff things - garage door opener, lighted door sills, and changed the wheels from the forged cross-spoke design to the five-spoke.

I also want the bigger brakes — and I want to take advantage of all the Drive Unit's functionality.
I'm not weighing this too heavily but anecdotally it appears the resale value with Dynamic Plus receives a boost.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:49 AM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
@CarolinaPirate @Chemical7 Definitely go for it!
Old 04-20-2022, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 673 Likes on 530 Posts
c
Originally Posted by GJPEN
So I am planning to order a CLA 45 specd out for myself in Patagonia Red or Mountain Gray Magno in the next month or so. I really can't justify pushing the sticker price on this car over 65k, which the marketing magicians at Mercedes have definately tried to trap you if you want performance items. I really want the Dynamic Package Plus, but to add it on top of things I have to add the worthless Multmedia Package. So I have come up with a work around to get almost everything and save about 3 grand., $2960 Calculated. My question is, is there anything else besides the Upgraded brakes and speed increase I will not have by doing this?

Order Standard Packages
Dynamic Package
- AMG Performance Steering Wheel Nappa/Dynamic
- RACE and Drift Modes
- AMG Drive Unit
- AMG High Performance Braking System
- AMG Ride Control Sport Suspension 3-Stage Dampening
- Increase Top Speed
$4300

Multimedia Package
$1300

TOTAL - $5600

Order Work Around

AMG Performance Steering Wheel Nappa/Dynamic
$600

AMG Drive Unit
$400

AMG Ride Control Sport Suspension 3-Stage Dampening
$990

RACE & DRIFT MODES - RJAUTOMOTIVE.net
$350

BRAKE CALIPERS Painted (By Local Shop I use)
$300

TOTAL $2640
this gets you everything but the most important part, being the brakes. If you want some of these options and want to actually derive use from them, then you'll be going to the track or at the very least live somewhere close enough to enjoy some of the best roads out in the open - and therefor want the upgraded brakes. Without the brakes - you could argue the other options are pretty pointless.

My cla45 is a glorified grocery getter and the red calipers look tacky against denim blue - so I skipped the option. Not sure if the screen size is also affected at the cla 45 trim level. But that is going be a huge resale point going from 7inch to 10.25 inches. (Edit: looks like both screens are standard at 10.25 inches on the 45.)

I think the most desirable options in 5 years, in the used market, will be the AMG dynamic and Performance seat options.

food for thought.

Last edited by alexasa; 04-20-2022 at 12:27 PM.
CarolinaPirate (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 06:47 PM

2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
Yes, I think you are correct.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
I basically had the same plan to save the cost of the Dynamics Package. Options ordered: Denin Blue, Multimedia package (to add Track Pace), 5-spoke black wheels (so night package too), adaptive suspension, AMG steering wheel (to get the AMG drive unit), and Burmester stereo. Ordered my car May 2021, build started in October, shipped the end of Dec., arrived at port in Feb., waited for a part before getting on a truck. I finally got the car in April.

So, at least I got the color I wanted. No suspension, no Track Pace, Multimedia "lite", no AMG drive unit - I did get the $500 AMG steering wheel though, and not the 5-spoke wheels - instead I got the cross-spoke forged wheels, and of course had to pay for them, since there were 4 people waiting to buy my car for 10K over invoice. I almost didn't take the car. I've already ordered the upgrades from RJ Automotive.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Originally Posted by RichB31
I basically had the same plan to save the cost of the Dynamics Package. Options ordered: Denin Blue, Multimedia package (to add Track Pace), 5-spoke black wheels (so night package too), adaptive suspension, AMG steering wheel (to get the AMG drive unit), and Burmester stereo. Ordered my car May 2021, build started in October, shipped the end of Dec., arrived at port in Feb., waited for a part before getting on a truck. I finally got the car in April.

So, at least I got the color I wanted. No suspension, no Track Pace, Multimedia "lite", no AMG drive unit - I did get the $500 AMG steering wheel though, and not the 5-spoke wheels - instead I got the cross-spoke forged wheels, and of course had to pay for them, since there were 4 people waiting to buy my car for 10K over invoice. I almost didn't take the car. I've already ordered the upgrades from RJ Automotive.
How did you end up losing all those options??? I heard of track pace and augmented reality nav being removed due to parts shortages.... but I never heard of people not getting the adjustable suspension or AMG Drive unit??? Was that due to parts shortages as well? Or was this a unit the dealer already ordered before you claimed it and you just had to accept their configuration? Does Multimedia lite mean you don't get "Burmester"?
Old 04-29-2022, 07:13 PM

2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
Originally Posted by crester
How did you end up losing all those options??? I heard of track pace and augmented reality nav being removed due to parts shortages.... but I never heard of people not getting the adjustable suspension or AMG Drive unit??? Was that due to parts shortages as well? Or was this a unit the dealer already ordered before you claimed it and you just had to accept their configuration? Does Multimedia lite mean you don't get "Burmester"?
They claimed parts shortage and didn't want to delay the car further so shipped it. I gues they were out of the black 5-spoke wheels too since I got the forged ones. Then of course it was held up at VPC for a while like others here. Oh yeah, I also didn't get the walnut grain trim and got the linear aluminum trim instead. I did get the Burmester stereo though, if the car didn't have that, that would have been it, I would have passed on it and ordered another one. The Multimedia "Lite" doesn't have the augmented video for navigation. It did come with "Night Package Plus" which is cool, vertical front grill lines are gloss black instead of silver, rear AMG, CLA 45, and side TURBO 4Matic+ badges are in black. My SA said one customer ordered a red CLA 45, and got yellow, which explained why they had a yellow one out front in the lot.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:46 PM

2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
Originally Posted by crester
They said it was parts shortages and rather than delaying the car further they shipped it. Multimedia lite omits the augmented video for nav. I actually got the Burmester stereo, yay! I think maybe if hadn't got that option I would have passed on the car. I test drove it before making the final decision and the stock AMG sport suspension still seemed just about right, the first CLA 45 I drove last year at the dealer also had stock suspension and I liked it then. Not sure why the 5-spoke black wheels would be out of stock and they had to ship it with the forged wheels, adding $1050 to the price. It would have been nice if they contacted first me before adding those. But those would have been necessary being the only other black wheels, since I had the night package. I also ordered regular Night Package but got AMG Night Package "Plus", which is $400 more, but it's pretty cool - adds blacked-out front grill lines, and exterior badges in black.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:17 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Geez @RichB31 I'm glad to hear you're happy with your car.
I honestly don't know if I would accept mine if I get similar deletions.
I probably should think about what are the deal breakers?
Based on what happened to your build — losing the AMG drive unit would make me waver.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:38 PM

2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
Originally Posted by CarolinaPirate
Geez @RichB31 I'm glad to hear you're happy with your car.
I honestly don't know if I would accept mine if I get similar deletions.
I probably should think about what are the deal breakers?
Based on what happened to your build — losing the AMG drive unit would make me waver.
Yep, I still may end up selling this one and ordering, or finding a used one, with all the stuff I wanted and ordered and waited almost a year for. Not getting the AMG drive unit and the Track Pace, seriously made me waver and almost pass on this one.

Aside from not getting all the options I wanted, the car drives almost perfectly. I'm still in the break-in period, so I haven't given it full-throttle or hardly even gone past 4000 rpm. Even so, you can really feel how good this engine pulls. If I had to criticize the car, the engine drones a bit around 2000 rpm, which is where you are on the highway at 80 or so, in Comfort. So I put it in Sport and it makes it downshift from 8th speed to 7 and the RPM goes to about 2500 and is actually more quiet there. Also, on old/rough roads, there's a fair amount of road noise drumming through, but I know a lot of that is due to the extreme performance Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. I had these same tires for a time on my other car, a VW GTI, and they were excessively firm and too noisy on that car. I was much happier with the next set of tires, Firestone Firehawks, and also the current General G-Max RS tires. So when it comes time for new tires, I feel there are some better compromises in the extreme performance category that maybe sacrifice a tiny bit or ultimate performance in favor of a quieter smoother ride. YMMV...
CarolinaPirate (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 05:52 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Rich, I really hate that for you…
I'm sure your CLA45 is still a beast ride.

I have the Pilot 4s tires on my Mustang GT —
so much better than the Pirelli's that came with the car.
But — they're noisy as you said.

Related to your note going full-throttle.
My dealer had a GLA45 in stock a few weeks ago.
I took it for a test drive and the salesperson let me launch it.
Holy $h!t did she kick!
Old 05-01-2022, 08:06 PM

2023 CLA 45 Edition 55
Rich, I really hate that for you…
I'm sure your CLA45 is still a beast ride.

I have the Pilot 4s tires on my Mustang GT —
so much better than the Pirelli's that came with the car.
But — they're noisy as you said.

Related to your note going full-throttle.
My dealer had a GLA45 in stock a few weeks ago.
I took it for a test drive and the salesperson let me launch it.
Holy $h!t did she kick!
Exactly! That is ultimately what sold me on this car I think. Last year I was trying to decide on waiting for the new Audi S3, a CLA 35, 45, and I even considered the Cadilac CT4-V Blackwing, but those seemed impossible to get. My MB dealer had a CLA 45 on the lot and I was surprised when the SA actually let me drive it, and then had me do launch mode. Holy $h!t is right.
CarolinaPirate (05-01-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 10:30 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Hope this is on topic enough to post.
@RichB31 post got me evaluating my build — I reached out to my salesperson today and we added the Dynamic Plus package.
So we will see if it gets included in my build and how or if it has an effect on my build time.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:06 PM

CLA 45 AMG
My build went from green status to yellow… not sure what that means, but I got a final build sheet.
I'm getting the DT1 AMG Dynamic Plus Package Lite and the lite version of the Multimedia Package.
Does anyone know what the differences are between the full Dynamic Package and the Lite Version?
Cost savings is $250.

Last edited by CarolinaPirate; 05-07-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 563 Posts
N/A
My build went from green status to yellow… not sure what that means, but I got a final build sheet.
I'm getting the DT1 AMG Dynamic Plus Package Light and the lite version of the Multimedia Package.
Does anyone know what the differences are between the full Dynamic Package and the Lite Version?
Cost savings is $250.
It means your build is about to lock and any changes should be done ASAP.

The Lite version is missing AMG Track Pace, which is the MBUX app. Everything else is the same.
CarolinaPirate (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 02:14 PM

CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by Eaton
It means your build is about to lock and any changes should be done ASAP.

The Lite version is missing AMG Track Pace, which is the MBUX app. Everything else is the same.
Thank You!!!
Old 06-19-2022, 02:53 AM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
100% 5 star rated since ever
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...lights-us.html

Last edited by pmercury; 06-23-2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:40 PM

2022 CLA 45 AMG
I had a similar problem and conundrum. Two options I definitely wanted was the Dynamic Performance Pack and AMG sport seats. My car was built without the Dynamic Performance Pack which was one of the two criteria that I wanted. RJ Automotive to the rescue. I waited a year almost to the day to get mine. I was disappointed it didn't have the Dynamic Performance Pack on it and considered not getting it. My MSRP has to be one of the highest without the Dynamic Performance Pack

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic PLUS Package Workaround - Anything I am Missing?