NYC Metro Area Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
NYC Metro Area Group Buy

Hi Everyone,

If you are seriously considering the purchase of a CLA and are interested in exploring a Group Buy opportunity in the NYC metro area (somewhere between Northern NJ, Westchester, Rockland and Fairfield Counties) then please send me a Private Message titled "NYC Metro Area Group Buy."

I would like to gauge the number of people who are serious about placing an order. A couple of dealers (including through a separate CLA forum) have expressed serious interest in working on something. At this point I'm just trying to figure out if there's any real opportunity to leverage our collective buying power. With the right numbers I believe there is...maybe. This is a potential win-win for the right dealer(s) assuming the numbers are right...and there are A LOT of dealers in our area.

Please do NOT send me personal information. I don't want it...ever. For now, I'm thinking the following is all I need:

1) Your screen name (which will come through in the message)...although a first name would also be nice.
2) If you're absolutely dead set against traveling to a specific location (e.g., you live in Cherry Hill and have no problem considering a trip upstate for the right deal but won't go into NY or CT) or working with a particular dealership (e.g., because you've had a bad experience) please let me know.
3) If you have a specific time frame by which you must or would like to finalize a purchase that info would be useful, too. I, for example, don't. As much as I'd love have a CLA45 tomorrow I can wait if need be.
4) The model you're interested in -- CLA250 or CLA45. Don't worry about the options right now...although please be aware that from what I've read some options (like the Pano roof and Night package) appear to be creating some delays.

Right now we've got about 5 or 6 people. I will share all of the details with the group unless anyone has any objections and will use this thread for any material updates. If dealers ask for more detail we will address those needs on a case by case basis. Please do not PM me if you are not serious about purchasing or leasing a CLA this Fall/Winter.

Thanks,
-Eric
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Come on folks, I know you're out there. Please remember that PMing me is not a commitment to purchase -- it's simply a statement of serious interest. If the numbers don't work for you (or me, for that matter) then a deal may not come together or it may not come together for you (or me).

I'm not driving 90 minutes just to save $100 or to get a free car wash and I don't expect anyone else to do so either. I'd just like to be able to tell the dealers who are interested in putting something together how many of us are serious about a potential purchase or lease (subject to the right offer).

-Eric
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Think I may pick up a 2014 CLA250 for a DD, but I think im going to wait until the 4matic comes available in the spring of next year.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Think I may pick up a 2014 CLA250 for a DD, but I think im going to wait until the 4matic comes available in the spring of next year.
Thanks -- One of the people who PMd me expressed an interest in a 4MATIC but doesn't want to wait until the Spring. That said, I get the impression that if they have to wait until early 2014 to get a FWD CLA and/or the right deal comes along they might be willing to wait.

-Eric
Old 08-20-2013, 12:18 PM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Hi Everyone,

Another quick update...

We're up to about 12-13 people who have expressed serious interest in a CLA. Most of the people who have reached out to me are interested in 45s, only a couple in 250s. Please help me spread the word about this thread. The bigger we are the more I think we bring to the table.

-Eric
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I would be interested in this. I have a lease on a c250 coupe currently that ends December 31st this year. So I could get into anything now since they will eat the rest of my payments if needed.

I'm most likely looking at the cla250, although might pony up for the cla45 if the FWD is disappointing.

I'm down for whatever. I can also ask my guy at a long isladn dealership. We leased two c250 coupes from him Jan 2012 that MSRP are ~$44k and we got pre-paid maintenance.

Lease payment was $300/month with $2,500 total out of pocket at signing. We had other discoutns through the company I work at as well as added incentives (my family also gets all mb cars through him). So I can shoot a group buy purchase past him if you would like.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Is European delivery available on the cla250?

Might be interested in the group buy but taking European delivery , if possible ?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:16 AM

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
European Delivery will be available in the Spring, I believe, but you cannot combine the European Delivery discount with any other discounts. The ED discount is steeper than anything we are getting on the 250 but you still need to pay airfare and, depending on your length of stay, accommodations, etc. for your trip to Europe.

-Eric