CLA Coupe (C117) 2014-present

Halogen to LED successful, everything works but one little error message.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 03:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cla250
Question Halogen to LED successful, everything works but one little error message.

Managed to swap out halogen headlight with full LED headlight, no error message.
Managed to swap out base taillight with the butterfly wings, no function issues at all, however “ check rear left/right turn signal” message showed up, and accompanied with hyper flashing indicators ( just the indicator on dash, the actual turn signal outside flashes at normal speed)
Anyone knows a way to clear this message? Cuz I am positive the taillights are 100% working, just need to get rid of the message. Thanks a lot!

The following 2 users liked this post by Ruochen Zeng:
benzbell (10-05-2018), HeaHea (05-12-2020)
Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Aloha - wow been wanting to do this and posted everywhere. Are the lights US or European spec? Did you order the light kit from the guy in China that sells it with the OBD plugin tool to make it work? Heard there was an adapter harness needed as well. Please share. I'm all ears. I'm sure you did but I'll ask. Did you try clearing that code?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:48 PM

cla250
Originally Posted by benzbell
Aloha - wow been wanting to do this and posted everywhere. Are the lights US or European spec? Did you order the light kit from the guy in China that sells it with the OBD plugin tool to make it work? Heard there was an adapter harness needed as well. Please share. I'm all ears. I'm sure you did but I'll ask. Did you try clearing that code?
Aloha, yes I bought these from the Chinese dude. The adapter harness has already been pre-installed by them, so I’d say it’s almost plug and play, of course with their OBD plug in. These lights I believe they are Euro spec.
Funny thing is that, the driver side tail light was destroyed during shipping, no one wants to take responsibility, at the end the shipping carrier gave me just $200 back ( ****ty but better than nothing). So I ended up buying another tail light on ebay, which apprantely is US spec. Apparently the adapter works on both Specs. However, the OBD can clear the Euro spec one but not the US one ( make sense ), but the euro spec one, the turning signal is yellow at the bottom right corner, which looks kinda ugly for me. So I unplug one line in the adapter, and it becomes the normal full red turn signal at the top. Then the error message showed up again for both taillights. Nonetheless, both tail lights functions the same and well, only have the hyper flash on dash and that error message which you can hide by just hit OK every time when you start the car.

Last edited by Ruochen Zeng; 10-05-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-05-2018, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
How did you pay? He had me do and I tried Western Union and it got rejected as potential fraud (by Western Union) and they sent me back my money. Even though I know the guy is 100% legit. Did you use Western Union or have any issues? If I can figure out how to pay the guy, then I can get mine done. Might have to try a different Western Union if that's what you used and it worked for you. Please let me know.

I wonder if it's because one is Euro and one is US that is causing that code error. Seems like that's where the common ground is. Even though he says in theory it should be okay. He probably has never seen or ran into that situation. Meaning a US spec and a Euro spec taillight together. Of course this is all guesswork on my part.

As far as the Euro headlights, the difference is you don't have the built in Amber side marker light. It's gone, because it's not required in Europe like it is in the US. Looks way better without it IMHO anyways. Thanks for answering I really appreciate it.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:59 PM

cla250
Originally Posted by benzbell
How did you pay? He had me do and I tried Western Union and it got rejected as potential fraud (by Western Union) and they sent me back my money. Even though I know the guy is 100% legit. Did you use Western Union or have any issues? If I can figure out how to pay the guy, then I can get mine done. Might have to try a different Western Union if that's what you used and it worked for you. Please let me know.

I wonder if it's because one is Euro and one is US that is causing that code error. Seems like that's where the common ground is. Even though he says in theory it should be okay. He probably has never seen or ran into that situation. Meaning a US spec and a Euro spec taillight together. Of course this is all guesswork on my part.

As far as the Euro headlights, the difference is you don't have the built in Amber side marker light. It's gone, because it's not required in Europe like it is in the US. Looks way better without it IMHO anyways. Thanks for answering I really appreciate it.
Yes, I used Western Union and have no issues at all. So you trynna swap out both headlight and taillight? Or just the headlight?
Old 10-05-2018, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Going to do both. It's for my daughters car. I guess I will try a different Western Union. Don't know why I had issues - weird. Shuliang was cool about it and we communicated through an app called "wechat" - I'm sure you did as well. Yeah - those plain lights are ugly and she hates them - lol.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
So Im trying to do the headlights for my CLA can you provide me the contact information for this guy? Ive been doing research for about a year. Youre one of the few successful ones I find. Thank you!
Old 10-08-2018, 12:31 PM

CLA 250
You may not happen to have the contact information? I am looking to get my headlights changed as well.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just Google: "CLA 250 Conversion" - the videos at the top are the guy and his contact info is in there. Btw, I just ordered from him and my lights are on the way. I have a thread started and will be documenting and doing a video on the process. If you need more info PM me.

New 2018 CLA - Doing LED Conversion...
Old 05-12-2020, 06:46 PM

CLA
Originally Posted by Ruochen Zeng

Aloha, yes I bought these from the Chinese dude. The adapter harness has already been pre-installed by them, so I’d say it’s almost plug and play, of course with their OBD plug in. These lights I believe they are Euro spec.
Funny thing is that, the driver side tail light was destroyed during shipping, no one wants to take responsibility, at the end the shipping carrier gave me just $200 back ( ****ty but better than nothing). So I ended up buying another tail light on ebay, which apprantely is US spec. Apparently the adapter works on both Specs. However, the OBD can clear the Euro spec one but not the US one ( make sense ), but the euro spec one, the turning signal is yellow at the bottom right corner, which looks kinda ugly for me. So I unplug one line in the adapter, and it becomes the normal full red turn signal at the top. Then the error message showed up again for both taillights. Nonetheless, both tail lights functions the same and well, only have the hyper flash on dash and that error message which you can hide by just hit OK every time when you start the car.
Aloha , Do your headlight's DRL is turning orange color at night time ?? (normal DRL is white all the time)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:43 PM

cla250
Originally Posted by HeaHea
Aloha , Do your headlight's DRL is turning orange color at night time ?? (normal DRL is white all the time)
I sold the car back in 2018, but yeah I remember that the DRL turned orange at night!
The following users liked this post:
HeaHea (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 01:49 AM

CLA
Thanks for answering
Because i have the same issue about DRL turned orange at night!
Is there have any way to switch to the white ?
have any modified MB shop in hawaii??