What do you think of this A220 build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None yet
What do you think of this A220 build?

I'm looking at this build. I've never owned a Mercedes before. Curious if anyone has feedback on my choices (if I picked things that aren't generally worth it or missed something that most people would suggest). I don't mind if it's just opinions.

A 220 4MATIC Sedan
Total: $45,615

Night Black
Macchiato Beige MB-Tex

Packages:
Exterior Lighting Package
Premium Package
Multimedia Package
Driver Assistance Package
Parking Assistance Package
Mercedes me connect services (3 years included)
Mercedes me connect Assist Services

Options & Accessories:
Heated and ventilated front seats
KEYLESS-GO
Inductive wireless charging and NFC pairing
Head-Up Display
Burmester Surround Sound System
Garage door opener
Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A220
so far...not great. We find the driver side A pillar trim is falling apart while we heading home when we first pick up the car. It was late so we didn't spot it until we get on the road. The glovebox also rattle at 35 mph constantly..But the mechanic of the car feel solid and great and resemble my previous E350 to be honest. It drives very solid
Old 04-29-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 A220 4MATIC
Originally Posted by davidadner
I'm looking at this build. I've never owned a Mercedes before. Curious if anyone has feedback on my choices (if I picked things that aren't generally worth it or missed something that most people would suggest). I don't mind if it's just opinions.

A 220 4MATIC Sedan
Total: $45,615

Night Black
Macchiato Beige MB-Tex

Packages:
Exterior Lighting Package
Premium Package
Multimedia Package
Driver Assistance Package
Parking Assistance Package
Mercedes me connect services (3 years included)
Mercedes me connect Assist Services

Options & Accessories:
Heated and ventilated front seats
KEYLESS-GO
Inductive wireless charging and NFC pairing
Head-Up Display
Burmester Surround Sound System
Garage door opener
I did a custom order that is very similar to this. I am very interested in the full suite of technology and none of the cars in stock in my region include the Driver Assistance or Parking Assistance packages. Currently expecting to take delivery in mid-June. This will be my first Mercedes-Benz as well, but I previously leased a 2016 smart fortwo from my local MB dealership.

Ultimately, I opted not to get the Exterior Lighting Package because the headlights are already LED as standard, and I don't do enough night driving in places that are dark enough or curvy enough to warrant paying $900 for bending LEDs or the adaptive high beam feature. I also chose not to get the Head-Up Display because I didn't think it was worth the price.

For cosmetic upgrades, I picked the 18" 5-spoke wheels and the ambient lighting. Based on all the video reviews I've seen, the 17" wheels look a lot better than I thought they would, but I decided I'd rather have the (mostly) all black look the other wheels provide. If you don't care about this stuff, definitely don't spend your money on it.

Other thoughts: I debated on the multicontour seats, but decided it wasn't worth it since they aren't massaging. I haven't actually sat in them so I don't know what the bolster adjustments are like, but the seats I sat in were already comfortable enough that I'm not worried about it.

Good luck on your build, and whatever you do, negotiate on the price with multiple dealers before you place the order.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM

None yet
Originally Posted by ZacMatic
I did a custom order that is very similar to this. I am very interested in the full suite of technology and none of the cars in stock in my region include the Driver Assistance or Parking Assistance packages. Currently expecting to take delivery in mid-June. This will be my first Mercedes-Benz as well, but I previously leased a 2016 smart fortwo from my local MB dealership.

Ultimately, I opted not to get the Exterior Lighting Package because the headlights are already LED as standard, and I don't do enough night driving in places that are dark enough or curvy enough to warrant paying $900 for bending LEDs or the adaptive high beam feature. I also chose not to get the Head-Up Display because I didn't think it was worth the price.

For cosmetic upgrades, I picked the 18" 5-spoke wheels and the ambient lighting. Based on all the video reviews I've seen, the 17" wheels look a lot better than I thought they would, but I decided I'd rather have the (mostly) all black look the other wheels provide. If you don't care about this stuff, definitely don't spend your money on it.

Other thoughts: I debated on the multicontour seats, but decided it wasn't worth it since they aren't massaging. I haven't actually sat in them so I don't know what the bolster adjustments are like, but the seats I sat in were already comfortable enough that I'm not worried about it.

Good luck on your build, and whatever you do, negotiate on the price with multiple dealers before you place the order.

Thanks for the info. Do you mind sharing what you ended up paying?

I debated on the exterior lighting package, too. We live in an area where when it's dark it's *really* dark (few street lights) so I thought this may be handy. I'm unsure how gimmicky this is, though, so if anyone has experience, I'd love to hear.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:19 PM

Acura TL
I test drove essentially the model you've listed here (decided to go a different direction, but it was a tough choice). I fully agree with Zac - the HUD doesn't seem super useful to me (though it's better than others I've seen), and the utility of the exterior lighting package probably just depends on where you live. But if those are things you think you'll want, that looks like a great build.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Why not a C-Class at that price? 45K for an A_Class seems way off IMO.

M
Old 04-30-2019, 03:42 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
If you configure a C300 4MATIC with the equivalent options, it's just over $55,000, and you don't get MBUX.
The following users liked this post:
Givmeabrek (05-02-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 11:45 AM

2015 C300, 2008 C300(sold)
For 45k I would get a BMW 330 or Audi S3. That's a lot for a small car with less than 200HP.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
For me it's the technology that sold the car and not the HP. The A220 has a surprising amount of power but it's the MBUX that makes it a winner.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:49 AM

None yet
Yeah, it's the tech that caught my attention. The power is good enough for my needs. I wish it had better fuel economy, though.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:21 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
Originally Posted by davidadner
Thanks for the info. Do you mind sharing what you ended up paying?

I debated on the exterior lighting package, too. We live in an area where when it's dark it's *really* dark (few street lights) so I thought this may be handy. I'm unsure how gimmicky this is, though, so if anyone has experience, I'd love to hear.
I missed this question earlier. Here's my deal:

Old 05-21-2019, 12:21 AM

CLA 250
Thanks for sharing the price. Appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by bdwg22
For 45k I would get a BMW 330 or Audi S3. That's a lot for a small car with less than 200HP.

that 200+HP will give you problem down the road,