More issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
More issues

Had my car back for about a week or two now after having the seatbelt replaced, sunroof replaced, sunshade replaced etc.
Anyways, after detailing my car, I noticed the sunroof does not align perfectly & that there was some additional trim damage to the glass in front of the actual sunroof. Insurance should fix these issues.

Another new issue - I really feel like I have an issue with the AC. It takes about 15-20min to get home from work. About halfway through the drive, it's like the AC stops and the vehicle gets hot, pushes out hot air for a couple of minutes before kicking into AC mode again and working.

I thought to my self for a second... "Well, I'm in San Antonio, it's pretty freaking hot here" and decided to start my car remotely, let it cool down - get inside and start driving and everything is fine, but for the 3rd time or so... same thing. The AC cuts out and it goes hot for a few minutes before engaging again.

Anyone else experience something like this (doubt it) was thinking perhaps maybe the car has to stop pumping AC into the car if it's over working. I do know from research that the AC units just aren't as strong as American one do the climate there vs here... also according to my service manager.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by Deriggs007
Had my car back for about a week or two now after having the seatbelt replaced, sunroof replaced, sunshade replaced etc.
Anyways, after detailing my car, I noticed the sunroof does not align perfectly & that there was some additional trim damage to the glass in front of the actual sunroof. Insurance should fix these issues.

Another new issue - I really feel like I have an issue with the AC. It takes about 15-20min to get home from work. About halfway through the drive, it's like the AC stops and the vehicle gets hot, pushes out hot air for a couple of minutes before kicking into AC mode again and working.

I thought to my self for a second... "Well, I'm in San Antonio, it's pretty freaking hot here" and decided to start my car remotely, let it cool down - get inside and start driving and everything is fine, but for the 3rd time or so... same thing. The AC cuts out and it goes hot for a few minutes before engaging again.

Anyone else experience something like this (doubt it) was thinking perhaps maybe the car has to stop pumping AC into the car if it's over working. I do know from research that the AC units just aren't as strong as American one do the climate there vs here... also according to my service manager.

it's unfortunate to hear that,

by the way, you have the brake "issue" when you stop safety at light, do you feel your brake pedal starting to sink on you A220?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buying One
I've driven in about 100 degrees, set the A/C at 7 fan speed and timed it. Within 8 minutes the car is so cold I have to dial it back to 3. I noticed that Consumer Reports made the same observation as you, maybe some of the builds have issues?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:40 AM

A220
Originally Posted by vfxcxn0309
it's unfortunate to hear that,

by the way, you have the brake "issue" when you stop safety at light, do you feel your brake pedal starting to sink on you A220?
That's a negative.

Originally Posted by Kenyon1976
I've driven in about 100 degrees, set the A/C at 7 fan speed and timed it. Within 8 minutes the car is so cold I have to dial it back to 3. I noticed that Consumer Reports made the same observation as you, maybe some of the builds have issues?
Today it was perfectly fine. I remote started it when I was probably 100 meters from the car. As soon as I got there, the inside was cooled off and it stayed that way the entire time. Maybe there is something that triggers the AC to turn off, and then takes a minute where the system rethinks "Oh hey, the AC is turned on, but the heat is pumping" and poof. It's back at it.

Really can't track it down, but I'm being overly cautious. I live in a very hot area, I need my AC more than the heat.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:53 PM

GLA
Thanks, i got my A250 back to dealer again. waiting..... now the brake losing pressure everytime i brake

Old 08-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
Maybe try a different dealership (if available)? Brake losing pressure doesn't sound right.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:20 AM

GLA
Originally Posted by Roger8
Maybe try a different dealership (if available)? Brake losing pressure doesn't sound right.
i bought it from them, i want to keep the same dealership, if they couldn't fix it for 2-3 weeks, or problem again and again, i wan to ask them to replace a vehicle for me. the car only 200km.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:31 AM

GLA
how's yours ? problem gets fixed?

are you in US, i think in US there is law can hele you get your cash back or replace a car? correct?
Old 08-11-2019, 11:06 PM

A220
So, got the car back with issues unresolved. However, the part is on ordered. I guess there is a case where the sensors don't work right and cause the vehicle to blow hot air. They're going to replace the module for me.
The sunroof will be aligned when they get that part in....

Other than that, I think that's it.... I wonder if maybe they will just replace the trunk from the glass damage instead of sending me to some collision shop.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:08 AM

GLA
So, got the car back with issues unresolved. However, the part is on ordered. I guess there is a case where the sensors don't work right and cause the vehicle to blow hot air. They're going to replace the module for me.
The sunroof will be aligned when they get that part in....

Other than that, I think that's it.... I wonder if maybe they will just replace the trunk from the glass damage instead of sending me to some collision shop.

my car still at dealer for repair, brake sinking issue,....waiting...
Old 08-12-2019, 06:21 PM

A220
Another new issue.....

chexk engine light came on. I’m fed up, next issue I get I am going to try and fight for a replacement vehicle.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:25 PM

GLA
Another new issue.....

chexk engine light came on. I’m fed up, next issue I get I am going to try and fight for a replacement vehicle.

ok, this is not acceptable, check engine light is something you never want to deal with in a new car, if you are in US, you got lemon law, ask them to replace it
Old 08-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
Sorry about all of the problems. Each state seems to have their own lemon laws. In NY you have to give the dealer at least three or four attempts at each defect. Or have more than 30 issues in the first two years. Getting a replacement car is not an easy task. This new model is a very frustrating experience.

I've had a shorted out wiring harness, brake recall, and completely dead main display. So far so good.

Last edited by Givmeabrek; 08-12-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:42 PM

GLA
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek
Sorry about all of the problems. Each state seems to have their own lemon laws. In NY you have to give the dealer at least three or four attempts at each defect. Or have more than 30 issues in the first two years. Getting a replacement car is not an easy task. This new model is a very frustrating experience.

I've had a shorted out wiring harness, brake recall, and completely dead main display. So far so good.
well, i just got call from dealer, they have replaced my master brake cyc, and now they said, the car is braking fine, tomorrow i will go to pick up the car and check.

Honestly, mine was made in Germany, and even that, the brake still has issue. before i bought my A250, when i compare A220 and A250, i have notice some quality differences, and even the sales person agreed with me, you can see those panel gaps on A220 is bigger than A250. so that's why i went for A250. but i still got a car with brake issue. and other Canadian owner looks totally fine on their A250, Strange.

i will keep update if i found more problem on my car

Last edited by vfxcxn0309; 08-12-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 AM

GLA
i got my A250 back from the dealer, the brake is much more firm than before (sinking feeling), and i think the problem is fixed,

but dealer have disabled my brake hold function and auto engine off function, <- which is great! i don't have to switch that off every single time, GREAT!
Old 08-13-2019, 11:21 AM

A220
Did they disable those features at your request?

For brake hold, I actually find myself using it semi-regularly. Sometimes I know I'm at a "long" stop light or I'm stuck in stop-and-go traffic where I'll be waiting for a bit of time and it's convenient to just "stomp down" and have it hold the brakes. I know I could also press Park but this seems more convenient since I just have to press gas to go (instead of shift to drive and go).
Old 08-13-2019, 11:41 AM

GLA
Did they disable those features at your request?

For brake hold, I actually find myself using it semi-regularly. Sometimes I know I'm at a "long" stop light or I'm stuck in stop-and-go traffic where I'll be waiting for a bit of time and it's convenient to just "stomp down" and have it hold the brakes. I know I could also press Park but this seems more convenient since I just have to press gas to go (instead of shift to drive and go).
No, i didn't ask,
i think when they check my brake sinking issue, they have disabled it for fixing my brake, but, i have read it from manual, this brake hold function is using power from battery to hold the car for you, that means it will put more load on battery. the Same for the Auto engine Off function, it's using your battery power to restart your car. ( i don't need this ) your gas also help a bit on cooling down your engine, and lubricating a bit, and for MB car, i don't know how coolant flow works, if turn off the engine at stop, while reducing the flow of coolant, this is something i don't want it.

So, they did what i want to, even i didn't ask, and now i don't need to turn it off every time i drive

good for me, other functions like auto folding mirror( it has motor or servo inside ), i have turn that off as well, anything takes battery power and i don't need it, -> OFF
Old 08-13-2019, 08:11 PM

A220
So, the check engine light went off, however, a new indicator came on the display "Traffic Sign Assist Inoperative" - this may have been related to the engine light as it's gone and that shows up. Or it could be just yet another issue. If there are 2 issues, and this makes 3 more.

That's my tap out and I'll pursue a replacement vehicle. Depending on how smooth that process goes and how the dealership works with me, I'll probably try to get it upgraded to a loaded A220. The dealership isn't right around the corner for me, it's about an extra hour each way, multiple times, plus the gas. My time is worth money. The stress when I'm about to relocate to California doesn't help either when I don't know if I have a reliable vehicle.

I am also still waiting to get the paint damages fixed, but it's always been in the shop with the dealer to get addressed. I'm sure I'm really close to the Lemon Law here in Texas. If anyone has any experience with this, let me know.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 PM

A220
Scratch those issues. The engine light is no longer on, but I'm going to get it looked at. I cleaned the glass and it seemed to fix the traffic sign assist as well.....
Old 08-13-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
Ah yes. Keep the front camera clean. Makes a lot of sense. Good news it's not a serious issue.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:27 PM

A220
Interesting you got the Traffic Sign error but nothing else. Meaning, aren't the cameras used for other things, too? Like any safety features?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:36 PM

A220
Interesting you got the Traffic Sign error but nothing else. Meaning, aren't the cameras used for other things, too? Like any safety features?
It could have been a fluke, I don't know - or it could currently be working okay on this startup, but not the next one. No way to know, but I'm bringing it in regardless once the module for the AC comes in.
I asked to see if they had possibility to replace the trunk lid for the car.

Refused that piece
Old 08-13-2019, 11:09 PM

GLA
Scratch those issues. The engine light is no longer on, but I'm going to get it looked at. I cleaned the glass and it seemed to fix the traffic sign assist as well.....
if you have scan tool, you can scan it yourself, see what code you get, if it's misfire code, that's bad,

or you can go to any auto shop ask them to scan it
Old 08-14-2019, 11:58 PM

A220
There's no messages currently. My car will go back next week most likely so from there I'll have them use the tool and see what messages popped up. So far, we're good other than the AC intermitendly cutting out every so often, well blowing hot air anyways. That's the only other issue I have besides the misaligned sunroof.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 AM

GLA
There's no messages currently. My car will go back next week most likely so from there I'll have them use the tool and see what messages popped up. So far, we're good other than the AC intermitendly cutting out every so often, well blowing hot air anyways. That's the only other issue I have besides the misaligned sunroof.
ya, please let us know once you got your car at dealer, thank you

My AC looks ok, but i do find out, after i turn off the AC through voice command, the vent do keep the cold air out for a while, this is not like other car i have ( i have VW jetta ) once you cut the AC, the cold air stop right away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More issues