Android Auto not working, odd issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A180
Android Auto not working, odd issue

Hi
Sure there's lots of posts bout Android Auto not working, but I've searched through as many as I can and can;t find one matching my issue. So key facts
  • I have a 2017 A180
  • Android Auto was working on my previous phone but then I bought a newer phone with a newer verwsion of android
  • Android auto at first would start up bu then just close down, as if the connection was lost, i.e. "no android device connected message"
  • Cleared cache on the phone, no joy
  • Tried hitting the Reset option on the car screen and not the situation is the phone IS conneted to the car, i.e. it is charging and I can play media, BUT andriod auto on teh card will not recognise I have a phone connected.
  • Tried this with another phone (that was also working before) and the same so clearly I have broken something!
  • I have tried swapping cables, and as I say the phone is connected to the card, just android auto on the card doesn;t think so.
So I'm sort of out of ideas. I thought maybe I should try and update the card screen software but I don;t have an OTA connection to do that. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Mick

Old 11-10-2022, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 745 Likes on 726 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W176 forum...