A-Class (W177) (V177) 2018 to present

Full Screen Car Play (Not Solved)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 A250
Full Screen Car Play (Not Solved)

I just wanted to let everyone know I let MB know about the petition ect. I really don't think we'll ever get it to be honest. Here is the comm's with MB...

---

Hi. I just picked up a new A250. It's awesome. Two questions...when is Apple Car Play going to work full screen? My car didn't come with navigation but I read you can buy it after with MBUX and Me. How do I do that?
Dec 9, 2019, 10:25 AM

Hi Matt, In order to present a symbiosis between MBUX and Apple CarPlay, Apple CarPlay cannot occupy the entire screen. The MBUX home and notification buttons will always be visible. You can also add navigation to your A-Class but this has to be done at the dealer and there will be an associated charge.
Dec 9, 2019, 1:05 PM
Ok, thanks.
Dec 9, 2019, 1:10 PM
I talked to the dealership and they said it cannot be added. Is there an over the air update coming in the year that will allow us to add items ourselves? That was the whole idea right?
Dec 11, 2019, 4:19 PM
Any update?
Thu 1:29 PM

Hi Matt, we've confirmed with the product team that you can add Navigation via aftersales to vehicles equipped with MBUX. If the dealer is unsure, please let us know.
Fri 1:54 PM
Ok. I will ask again.
Can you also let your product team know there is a petition around full screen car play.
Signez la pétition
change.org
On all of the MB forums people are really upset since older MB had full screen and all of your competitors also have it.
I know it's probably not high on your list but I work in tech and this would be a huge opportunity to turn over 12,000 people into brand embassadors by launching an update.
10:30 AM

Hi Matt, Apple CarPlay does not run in full screen on the A-Class in order to always display the Mercedes me Connect notifications. We will share this feedback to our teams.
10:53 AM
Thanks. As you're replacing all cars with MBUX customers will expect it to run full screen. Just letting you know what your customers are saying. Appreciate you sharing the feedback.
Happy Holidays
The following users liked this post:
Bafal (03-07-2021)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE
I wonder how Mercedes will explain to future E-class customers when it adopts MBUX and not have fullscreen CarPlay like the current Comand.
Bafal (03-07-2021)
Old 03-08-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The EQC is a fine enough machine, and I don't think Tesla fans are orchestrating some sinister plot to take Mercedes down. Rather, it's just a virtue of some practical realities.

The EQC in its current incarnation is an expensive SUV; its price starts above where the Model 3 stops. It's appealing to an inherently limited audience, and people willing to splash on an electric SUV may be leaning toward the even more expensive Model X. You might not see broader uptake until cars like the EQA hopefully bring the pricing down.

And never mind what Tesla fans think -- the reality is that Tesla is synonymous with EVs and technology-focused design in a way Mercedes simply isn't. It has more cachet, and it also has a conspicuous, established charging network where Mercedes ' partners have been relatively slow to get started. It could be a while before people associate Mercedes with EVs.
Bafal (03-07-2021)
Old 03-08-2020, 12:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE
Originally Posted by Commodus
The EQC is a fine enough machine, and I don't think Tesla fans are orchestrating some sinister plot to take Mercedes down. Rather, it's just a virtue of some practical realities.

The EQC in its current incarnation is an expensive SUV; its price starts above where the Model 3 stops. It's appealing to an inherently limited audience, and people willing to splash on an electric SUV may be leaning toward the even more expensive Model X. You might not see broader uptake until cars like the EQA hopefully bring the pricing down.

And never mind what Tesla fans think -- the reality is that Tesla is synonymous with EVs and technology-focused design in a way Mercedes simply isn't. It has more cachet, and it also has a conspicuous, established charging network where Mercedes ' partners have been relatively slow to get started. It could be a while before people associate Mercedes with EVs.
Well said. Seriously considering a Tesla (3 or Y) for our CLA lease end replacement.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MB W177 A250 4Matic
Tesl got many quality issues thats why its "so cheap". Merc is on good almost evrywhere not only on few issues.
I got full navi and my Android Auto is not on FullS too, it dont bother me but it could be solved
Old 03-11-2020, 12:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Originally Posted by Vampire1984PL
Tesl got many quality issues thats why its "so cheap". Merc is on good almost evrywhere not only on few issues.
I got full navi and my Android Auto is not on FullS too, it dont bother me but it could be solved
I would say Tesla "used" to have quality issues. I live in a state where EV's are pretty common, especially Teslas. Hardly anyone complains about them as there just isn't as many moving parts as a normal car.
My A220 is my first Mercedes and unless this buyback seriously pleases me, I will not be purchasing nor recommend a Mercedes again. I regret my purchase and wish I picked up Tesla instead. If I knew I was being moved to California, I would have started off with Tesla first.

Unless you're getting into the uber expensive/AMG line vehicles where they pay attention to detail, I don't think the build quality is all there. I was put in a 202 GLA 250 for the past week when my car was in the shop (yet again) and that vehicle has not a SINGLE thing on a Mazda CX5 - The command system is outdated, the screen is smaller, the drive wasn't as pleasant, the interior wasn't there, the ride wasn't there.

So why purchase that vehicle over a MAZDA CX-5? The pointy star? That's about it. I will say that the new Mercedes design language is very good. I really like it, it feels premium, it's slightly aimed towards a younger generation like myself. However, I can't justify a $80,000 purchase for the quality I'm looking for when $30,000 competitors are getting you 90% of the way there.

Yeah that CX5 doesn't have a panoramic sunroof or a wireless charger or some cool lighting, but neither did that GLA 250 for $25,000 more.(almost the price of 2 CX-5's)

This same argument may apply to the EQC or other vehicles pushed out buy mercedes down the line. The build quality isn't what it used to be until you get into the $100K margin
Old 03-12-2020, 04:50 PM

MB W177 A250 4Matic
Originally Posted by Deriggs007
I would say Tesla "used" to have quality issues. I live in a state where EV's are pretty common, especially Teslas. Hardly anyone complains about them as there just isn't as many moving parts as a normal car.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...bility-issues/
Quality issues i meant paint, cheap plastics even for USA standards, cheap looking interior. But not to be MB fan or other cars ( I could be easily VAG or BMW fan ) I can see noise isolation issues ( even being in service with this few times ). Just look at Tesla forums and check their issues and then YOu will get more clear and fair view
I was put in a 202 GLA 250 for the past week when my car was in the shop (yet again) and that vehicle has not a SINGLE thing on a Mazda CX5 - The command system is outdated, the screen is smaller, the drive wasn't as pleasant, the interior wasn't there, the ride wasn't there.
So why purchase that vehicle over a MAZDA CX-5? The pointy star? That's about it. I will say that the new Mercedes design language is very good. I really like it, it feels premium, it's slightly aimed towards a younger generation like myself. However, I can't justify a $80,000 purchase for the quality I'm looking for when $30,000 competitors are getting you 90% of the way there.
Yeah that CX5 doesn't have a panoramic sunroof or a wireless charger or some cool lighting, but neither did that GLA 250 for $25,000 more.(almost the price of 2 CX-5's)
What year of this CX5 was? As far as i know and drove few mazdas ( newest 3, earlier 6 ) it does not have anything better than VW cars or other brands from EU - outdated infotainment system, no autohold, weak and slow automatic transmission ( 2.0 180HP mazda 3 0-100kph 8.2s ****ing rly? I would be faster on Seat Leon or VW Golf with 1.5 TSI 150HP engine, this is for me fking ridiciolous for such big displacement and power ), some rattling sounds from dashboard on demo car which got 500km and have 1 month from being build, small trunk
Panoramic sunroof is in MB GLA and on almost all cars even on my work Renault Clio 4 it was an option. Wireless charging depends on year of production but GLA doesnt it have because its "old" car for today standards
Old 03-12-2020, 05:38 PM

A220
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...bility-issues/
Quality issues i meant paint, cheap plastics even for USA standards, cheap looking interior. But not to be MB fan or other cars ( I could be easily VAG or BMW fan ) I can see noise isolation issues ( even being in service with this few times ). Just look at Tesla forums and check their issues and then YOu will get more clear and fair view
Look at this forum for A220 issues. You'll always have complaints, and anyone in my area hardly has any complaints about their Tesla. I didn't say they're super premium cars with the nicest of interior. I just said they don't have many build quality problems anymore. And when I say Teslas are dominant here. I'm talking Tesla at about every 9-10 houses lol.

My A220 is the worst built vehicle I have ever owned in my life, so that argument is null.

What year of this CX5 was? As far as i know and drove few mazdas ( newest 3, earlier 6 ) it does not have anything better than VW cars or other brands from EU - outdated infotainment system, no autohold, weak and slow automatic transmission ( 2.0 180HP mazda 3 0-100kph 8.2s ****ing rly? I would be faster on Seat Leon or VW Golf with 1.5 TSI 150HP engine, this is for me fking ridiciolous for such big displacement and power ), some rattling sounds from dashboard on demo car which got 500km and have 1 month from being build, small trunk
Panoramic sunroof is in MB GLA and on almost all cars even on my work Renault Clio 4 it was an option. Wireless charging depends on year of production but GLA doesnt it have because its "old" car for today standards
Are you sure you drove a Mazda? The newest 3's are awesome cars. I do think the infotainment system is basic, but that's Japanese design style where "less is more". It's one reason I picked my this car was specifically for the MBUX infotainment. Yes, it doesn't have autohold, neither do other german cars. And I was refering the new Mazda CX-5's in comparison to a current GLA250. If you honestly think the GLA250 is better, you're clearly biased.

And you're wrong about the 0-60 times. That's an old car that you looked up. It does it in 7.0seconds and they are NOT even remotely 'sporty' at all.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazd...t-test-review/

And yes, thanks for confirming. Mazda would be in the luxury brand if they would improve the infotainment and add smaller details like panoramic sunroof + wireless charging. You also have to realize that a fully LOADED Mazda 3 is $26,000. The only thing it won't have are the 2 items I just mentioned. It would have all the safety tech and more. You could buy 2 of those for a FULLY loaded A220 with cash to spare. You really think the A220 is justified that much more over a Mazda 3? If you think so, it's clearly biased and that's fine. People prefer Mercedes. I drive a mercedes and it's nothing wrong with it, but don't ignore the true facts here

Now you take that into the CX5 range with the same speed 0-60MPH and it's the same thing against a GLA. Except the GLA is outdated... in every regard. Yeah, you might get that panoramic sunroof but the car costs $30,000 more too lol

Old 03-16-2020, 12:51 PM

MB W177 A250 4Matic
Look at this forum for A220 issues. You'll always have complaints, and anyone in my area hardly has any complaints about their Tesla. I didn't say they're super premium cars with the nicest of interior. I just said they don't have many build quality problems anymore. And when I say Teslas are dominant here. I'm talking Tesla at about every 9-10 houses lol. My A220 is the worst built vehicle I have ever owned in my life, so that argument is null.
Its A220 issues not all submodels... A220 are made in Mexico so blaim mexicans not MB that cannot make good quality productions :P

Are you sure you drove a Mazda? The newest 3's are awesome cars. I do think the infotainment system is basic, but that's Japanese design style where "less is more". It's one reason I picked my this car was specifically for the MBUX infotainment. Yes, it doesn't have autohold, neither do other german cars. And I was refering the new Mazda CX-5's in comparison to a current GLA250. If you honestly think the GLA250 is better, you're clearly biased.
Yeap I drove 2.0 180HP version and it was from this year. Which german and/or French car doesnt have such thing like autohold?
You drove GLA H247 or X156?

And you're wrong about the 0-60 times. That's an old car that you looked up. It does it in 7.0seconds and they are NOT even remotely 'sporty' at all.
In EU we do not have 2.5L engine that got 186HP with 186 lb/ft, we have 2.0 180HP with 165 lb/ft
I belive those 7s are for FWD which weights 3022 lb and AWD weights 3255 lb
And yes, thanks for confirming. Mazda would be in the luxury brand if they would improve the infotainment and add smaller details like panoramic sunroof + wireless charging. You also have to realize that a fully LOADED Mazda 3 is $26,000. The only thing it won't have are the 2 items I just mentioned. It would have all the safety tech and more. You could buy 2 of those for a FULLY loaded A220 with cash to spare. You really think the A220 is justified that much more over a Mazda 3? If you think so, it's clearly biased and that's fine. People prefer Mercedes. I drive a mercedes and it's nothing wrong with it, but don't ignore the true facts here
For me honestly it doesnt matter if its MB Audi or BMW, because those are Triangle of Premium Cars ( of course with some more expensive exceptions ), but this premium feel You will check after many miles/kilometers on roads, you will feel after a long period of time so that the materials will not be so worn upholstery will be ok seats not sitting down and comfort + silence still on the same level.
For Your information, I drove few days earlier on taxi MB E Class W211 which did got on clock at least 200k miles and on back it didnt even rattled, suspension was quiter than on my W177, and to compare it with taxi Mazda 6 that got 100k miles it was like brand new car, where M6 was on every bump rattling from dashboard, doors suspension wheels, the car was just literaly working and moving... But yeah for price of W211 we could buy 3 M6's
Old 03-18-2020, 12:56 AM

A220
Its A220 issues not all submodels... A220 are made in Mexico so blaim mexicans not MB that cannot make good quality productions :P

It's still on MB to QC the vehicle. They still flew in Engineers to ensure the product is up to spec. I think all W177/A-class 2019 variants have had numerous issues. But this is irrelevant about Tesla's. Very few issues once they've ironed out all the kinks and quirks... just like what MB has to do for the A's, the GLE's that just came out (read the forums about the issues they have) and the new GLB's... with numerous issues. New model year probably shouldn't be as big of a problem with all the tech we have now-a-days... but hell. When you can't roll up your window without it scratching and it passes "QC" - that's on MB.

Yeap I drove 2.0 180HP version and it was from this year. Which german and/or French car doesnt have such thing like autohold?
You drove GLA H247 or X156?

I drove the 2020 GLA, not sure if it's an H247 or X156, but it's on the old command and design aesthetics and it's heavily outdated. To say it's on par with any semi luxury/price appointed car like a Mazda or even a Genesis is really stretching it

In EU we do not have 2.5L engine that got 186HP with 186 lb/ft, we have 2.0 180HP with 165 lb/ft
I belive those 7s are for FWD which weights 3022 lb and AWD weights 3255 lb

They were for the AWD variant. Still, it's the same speed, less torque/HP than the A220 (Just giving examples based on my region) and gets better gas mileage.

For me honestly it doesnt matter if its MB Audi or BMW, because those are Triangle of Premium Cars ( of course with some more expensive exceptions ), but this premium feel You will check after many miles/kilometers on roads, you will feel after a long period of time so that the materials will not be so worn upholstery will be ok seats not sitting down and comfort + silence still on the same level.

I have to disagree - While I do think the REDESIGN of certain german cars and infotainment is superior and some vehicles that are "Crazy expensive" are overall better cars. Any one of the 3 introductory "premium cars" vs's outgoing American/Japaneese/Korean cars do not justify the price difference. Again, the CURRENT gen GLA (yes it's getting redesigned) does not touch a 2015-16+ CX-5 in interior, drivability and not even that much in infotainment for a car that is TWICE the price and is MB's "introductory" vehicle.

I love the interior and the infotainment of my A220, don't get me wrong. However, the built quality is the WORST I've ever been in. And I've owned about 13 cars in my life and have driven them extensively.

A buddy of mine has the C300, 2012 - It just had to get a door latch fixed for $900. It had to get airbag replaced in steering column for $1500. My car with the damages I had to fix just from a broken sunroof and paint job has been over $6000 already.
I owned a 2008 Mazda 3 and the only thing I ever had to do to that car was replace the headlight bulb because it blew....So I don't think what you say is accurate and all vehicles are prone to things falling apart after X amount of miles.

For Your information, I drove few days earlier on taxi MB E Class W211 which did got on clock at least 200k miles and on back it didnt even rattled, suspension was quiter than on my W177, and to compare it with taxi Mazda 6 that got 100k miles it was like brand new car, where M6 was on every bump rattling from dashboard, doors suspension wheels, the car was just literaly working and moving... But yeah for price of W211 we could buy 3 M6's

Most fleet vehicles get taken care of like crazy so they have a high investment turn over.
See comments in red.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:42 AM

MB W177 A250 4Matic
You overestimate this Tesla cars. I belive that when You will sell this MB and get Tesla You will get any other issues and those issues will be with quality control for example like this:
And when I look at Tesla Interior this is not even close to VW Touareg interior and not to mention to BMW Audi Merc Jaguar Lexus...
But lets not argue on this issue in this topic
Old 02-25-2021, 10:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matik
Look at this forum for A220 issues. You'll always have complaints, and anyone in my area hardly has any complaints about their Tesla. I didn't say they're super premium cars with the nicest of interior. I just said they don't have many build quality problems anymore. And when I say Teslas are dominant here. I'm talking Tesla at about every 9-10 houses lol.

My A220 is the worst built vehicle I have ever owned in my life, so that argument is null.

Now you take that into the CX5 range with the same speed 0-60MPH and it's the same thing against a GLA. Except the GLA is outdated... in every regard. Yeah, you might get that panoramic sunroof but the car costs $30,000 more too lol
No offense, but newest Mazda 3 is the WORST car I ever drove (I test drove it recently). Its' ineptitude borders dangerous. I wouldn't own that car if I was paid to keep it. I don't know how bad GLA is, but with my overly critical view of GLC300 (mostly design of the front grill not matching headlights in 2021 model), I say it's LIGHT YEARS AWAY from anything with Mazda logo on it
I was driving cars since 18, mad racing them in my youth and gaining a great deal of appreciation for how car handles and feels. I was drawn to Mazda's because of their design, they look a lot better than Lexus (I just can't stand these newer edgy car designs, inspired by mocked once upon a time Pontiac Aztec), but their performance was a total turn off for me. There is a good reason why fully loaded Mazda 3 is only $26K.

As to Tesla, never owned one, didn't even test drive it. But my nephew had it for two years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Charging was one of the issues. He complained of many other. I bet if you live in CA, then you can breathe a kind ideology in the air, which makes you feel proud and happy for driving an electromobile. So 90% of your excitement and positive emotions have nothing to do with car per se, it's almost akin to religious exaltation, feeling of having done something very great and worthy of saving Earth from claws of universal Evil (which happens to be gasoline fueled vehicle in our days). But all those great feelings aside, Tesla doesn't impress me for being an electric driven car and my relative whom I trust (a smart kid with high tech degree, who was very excited about Tesla before he actually owned it) just pushed Tesla further away from a list of cars I would consider in a near future
Old 03-07-2021, 12:26 PM

Mecerdes-Benz E-Class
Originally Posted by cnnn
I wonder how Mercedes will explain to future E-class customers when it adopts MBUX and not have fullscreen CarPlay like the current Comand.
I don’t think we customers want to see notification but not full screen when using carplay, maybe there is something called arrogance which think we need notification more.

Last edited by Bafal; 03-07-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Freddifred (10-22-2022)
Old 04-07-2021, 10:47 AM

GLC 300 Coupe
The part that bothers me the most about the fact that MBUX wont do full screen is that I've seen it integrated so many times on other vehicles. There is no reason to me why it can't be done. ANYTHING is possible in this tech world we live in. It just looks terrible and cheap to me. I also wonder if its gimmicky to maybe encourage people to upgrade to Navigation? Not sure. But the Carplay is slightly disappointing. The bigger the screen the more map you see and less you're being distracted on the map trying to see what's coming next.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLA 4Maticc
Hello Matt, greetings from the Netherlands. Can you please let me know to which email address you communicated with MB? I have a couple of questions for them and the Dutch MB importer does not react to my questions. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2021, 05:06 AM

2020 A45S
Lightbulb

This is a personal reason, not validated.. I did notice that if CarPlay was full screen, you will not see the righthand side or left hand if its a lefthand drive car part of the screen.
This may not affect many, but next time it is on have a look at it while on the home screen (maps/calendar/music view), the steering wheel will cover the maps which would cause you to tilt your head to look at it, which would be seen as unsafe!
This is the only reason I think it will never be full screen because if you look at the other models, eg the E-Class, the screen is further to the centre and therefore not impacting the view.
That is my 2c
Old 05-06-2022, 05:55 PM

GLC 300 Coupe
I agree. Plus to me, Mercedes has nicer designed interiors than the others. Tesla was way too utilitarian looking. Mazda was cheap feeling along with the VW and Audi was too pointy and triangular for me.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:40 PM

A250E
How did you contact them?
Old 10-22-2022, 04:42 PM

A250E
Originally Posted by GLC300EN
No offense, but newest Mazda 3 is the WORST car I ever drove (I test drove it recently). Its' ineptitude borders dangerous. I wouldn't own that car if I was paid to keep it. I don't know how bad GLA is, but with my overly critical view of GLC300 (mostly design of the front grill not matching headlights in 2021 model), I say it's LIGHT YEARS AWAY from anything with Mazda logo on it
I was driving cars since 18, mad racing them in my youth and gaining a great deal of appreciation for how car handles and feels. I was drawn to Mazda's because of their design, they look a lot better than Lexus (I just can't stand these newer edgy car designs, inspired by mocked once upon a time Pontiac Aztec), but their performance was a total turn off for me. There is a good reason why fully loaded Mazda 3 is only $26K.

As to Tesla, never owned one, didn't even test drive it. But my nephew had it for two years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Charging was one of the issues. He complained of many other. I bet if you live in CA, then you can breathe a kind ideology in the air, which makes you feel proud and happy for driving an electromobile. So 90% of your excitement and positive emotions have nothing to do with car per se, it's almost akin to religious exaltation, feeling of having done something very great and worthy of saving Earth from claws of universal Evil (which happens to be gasoline fueled vehicle in our days). But all those great feelings aside, Tesla doesn't impress me for being an electric driven car and my relative whom I trust (a smart kid with high tech degree, who was very excited about Tesla before he actually owned it) just pushed Tesla further away from a list of cars I would consider in a near future
How did you contact them?