Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BrunoB
I have no idea why you guys are having so many problems with Al. He knows the business, and he's got great deals. I'm from Queens and I've been there to buy tires from coming along these forums one day. All legit, no problems. Sale couldn't be better. Stop crying like a little baby and learn the skill of business cuz it clearly seems you haven't done anything to fix the situation.
not flaming or anything but how can you say he clearly hasnt done anything to fix the situation...you dont know what he has or hasnt done as well as what AL has or hasnt done, so what do you CLEARLY see....& to say stop crying like a little baby and learn the skills of business, please inform us of this skill you have that he has yet to learn

instead of bashing the guy, offer some suggestions how to handle the situation since you have had such a great experience with Al...and if you read the first post he did have a buy from him before and everything went ok, which is why he chose to make another purchase..

i'm not for or against any1, but if the same thing happen to me & did everything he claimed he did & still no results, i would post to tell others about it...why not??
Old 04-05-2005, 01:34 AM

No, he's clearly a liar when he states that he tried to contact Al. And my skills on business? Enough to get the best deals everytime without getting ripped off like unexperienced buyers. This guy posts a year after trying to deal with him? Ummm... that's kind of out of place considering it's been a whole year.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Wait let me guess.

BRUNOB MUST BE AL!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:28 PM

95' E320 Wagon (gave to father) 15' VW TDI Wagon, 05' X3, 97' F150, 99' Buell S3
Hey X15jq,

I think your right. We may have found Al.

It's BRUNOB

I'd be happy to forward all the unreturned emails I have sent Al in the past, now 14 months. I'll even copy my phone call records. I guess BRUNOB (or Al) hasn't read my posts. I'm glad for you guys feeling you got a good deal. Next time you speak to Al, do me a favor and mention my issues. That would be the true spirit in which these forums can be positive.

As for posting complaints. I don't find this particular forum to my liking compared to the MBCA forum. Just my personal choice, I dont have time for all the sites out there, so stuck to the club.

I don't buy the excuse of "too busy", "one guy one cell phone" for poor business conduct. I have been self employed for over 20 years, and I respond immediately if a customer is unhappy. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

I really was hoping, since I can't get Al's attention any other way, to get him to contact me. I gave him fair warning that I would discredit him. Any person out there that can reach him by phone or email must have a gift from god.

His number is: 973-851-4230, bestdealsonwhls@aol.com

Ask him to contact me. 202-686-3103, danieljonholm@aol.com
Old 04-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
I am heavy ebay user and have noticed bestdealsonwhls uses several different ebay ids..
here is his feedback from his first id
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...1&frompage=222

All the negatives say what everyone else says, doesnt return calls or emails..
Another user complains of cracked and bent wheels...
this is the id he is using now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43960

He has these wheels for sale on his web site too...

He is deciptive in his descriptions, on his ebay ad for the GFG wheels he says they are scratched up. Yet on his web site they are "mint"...

I tried to buy a set of wheels from him two years ago and over the course of two weeks of calling and emailing he NEVER called me back.
Its obvious the guy sells JUNK.

Last edited by lorinserbenz; 04-05-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoB
No, he's clearly a liar when he states that he tried to contact Al. And my skills on business? Enough to get the best deals everytime without getting ripped off like unexperienced buyers. This guy posts a year after trying to deal with him? Ummm... that's kind of out of place considering it's been a whole year.
so your saying hes an unexperienced buy who got ripped off ???...(by Al)

also, would 3month or 6months would have been a satisfactory time period after the transaction to make such a post, as he did??

again not here to flame, jus let the man state his claim

if you have had a better experience jus continue to do business with him, it should be of no concern to you what any1 else says (seems like your taking it a little personally with name calling)...if he had something i was interested in I would do business with him, but i would be very precautious & actually go there being i live in the same state
Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 PM

95' E320 Wagon (gave to father) 15' VW TDI Wagon, 05' X3, 97' F150, 99' Buell S3
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
I am heavy ebay user and have noticed bestdealsonwhls uses several different ebay ids..
here is his feedback from his first id
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...1&frompage=222

All the negatives say what everyone else says, doesnt return calls or emails..
Another user complains of cracked and bent wheels...
this is the id he is using now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43960

He has these wheels for sale on his web site too...

He is deciptive in his descriptions, on his ebay ad for the GFG wheels he says they are scratched up. Yet on his web site they are "mint"...

I tried to buy a set of wheels from him two years ago and over the course of two weeks of calling and emailing he NEVER called me back.
Its obvious the guy sells JUNK.

I rest my case. Good luck to anyone dealing with this "Al" guy. Over and out.

Dan
Old 04-07-2005, 05:16 AM

he gave me a GREAT deal on my rims too. sounds like he's a middleman though, unless he really does stock all of those rims/tires which doesn't sound like it if he only does this from home/ebay. sounds like you got a local trade in and he's trying to find the person who traded them into him.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
danholm thanks for the heads up I wont send this guy my $$

whats the deal this guy is doing us all a favor by informing us on a bad transaction... I sure is hell would like to know of any sellers i should becareful with and so would 99.9% of all other forum members. Obviously danholm has given Al the benefit of the doubt over a year to resolve the issue! this guy is just a crook! even though most of his ebay history is positive the negative one's say exactly what danholm has stated no calls or emails and wheels not as described.

Al do the right thing!

not only has danholm been burned once by al's deceptive practices but now twice since now danholm has had to pay for his tires to take a round trip.

sounds like a few guys are taking a passionate stand for al but why? if you know al so personally then maybe you can get him to be a man of his word! I am sure once the problem has been resolved danholm will post the results.

danholm thanks again!

Last edited by Shane C; 04-07-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:01 AM

Piece of SH*T
Man I'm going through the same thing as you right now I don't want to recommend him at all! DO NOT BUY wheels from this guy until you actually see it in person. I bought a set of Lowenhart LD5 from him and told me it had minor curb marks which were barely noticeable. When I received it, it was about 5 inches long with curb rash! I was fine with it when he told me it had minor curb rash and since I was going to get it repaired but as I turned the wheel around I see BENDS! Inside and outside of the rim was BENT! He did not note this on his auction on ebay and I even called him to confirm the condition on it and etc..He seemed like a really nice guy and had some good feeback on ebay so I trusted him. Now I regret it..I told him to pay for the repairs for the bends that he did not tell me and he didn't want to. I had to threaten him about giving him a negative feedback so he decided to send me $75.00 because that's how much he said he could get it fixed for, well not around my area..that wasn't enough to cover the repairs. It was a total of $150.00 and I was even nice enough to make a deal with him so we can just get it over and done with so I told him to give me $125.00 so he said done deal and wanted to see a receipt that the wheel was getting worked on so I emailed him a copy of the receipt. Days go by and I still haven't heard from him since. He also states on his websites and sales on ebay that he will send the rims out the same day once payment is received..HE LIED! I overnight the payment and I get the rims sent out 4-5 days later? WTF is that? One rim is still lost right now because his dumbass putting the wrong zip code on the shipping information so I had to call FEDEX to track it down and send it to the right address..As of right now I only have 2 rims because one is getting repaired and one is lost or suppose to be on it's way. Also he states on his website that they ship the wheels very secure..YEAH RIGHT! My damn rims came in the crappiest box ever! It did not look even close to the description on the website. All wheels came in seperate boxes and each wheel came in on a different day. He didn't take the time to make sure they were secure but made sure he got the money in his hand.
Sorry but I'm just pissed off man..I paid a lot for these wheels and I am not letting this go easy until I get what he owes me.I have photos, emails from the very first time we made contact about the wheels. I can show what kind of person he really is and proof of the wheel that was bent when it came in so if this guy want's to take it into further actions we can do that. If someone knows him or can pay him a visit PLEASE let him know I am an angry customer who will not stop until he pays for my repair. I will be more than happy to reward you. If I wasn't so busy I'd take a trip out there and pay him a vist myself PERSONALLY! It's easy for guys that are local to go there and buy products from him because you guys can check out the product so he knows he can't sell you bad products. But for us people across the country he will try to get as much as he can out of it and leave us stuck with BS not thinking we will just take it and leave it as-is. Well sorry AL not this customer..
Old 04-19-2005, 05:17 PM

Piece of SH*T
Damn this a$$hole..he sent me another bent rim! I just received it right now after 2 weeks of waiting. I'm tired of this guy man he told me he sent me a Money Order for the repairs on the first rim but I still haven't received it. Now he's gonna have to send me another Money Order for the repairs on this one but who knows if he will this time since he was so shady to pay for the repairs on the first one. If someone can get out to him please do and let him know. I tried calling him and I just dropped him another email. He doesn't respond to emails for days and days unless he is getting paid. I have all emails/pictures/receipts/info and etc to prove this guy wrong and how he did me dirty on this deal. I'm pissed off man..I could use this money and fly out there to whoop his ***..BUT I don't want to go to jail..

Here are the rims I purchased..it doesn't say bent rims for sale now does it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 04-19-2005, 05:55 PM

none
This guy is hit or miss, you either get screwed or you dont..
I already pointed out his various ebay ids and his shady descriptions.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Keep trying, Al will surface

Well, as the guy who started this thread, here is where I stand. Al did finally respond to my attempts to contact him, and I thank the others on this forum for helping. He has promised to send out new wheels to replace the bad used wheels, in an attempt to clear up the mess. I won't go into long explainations now, but when the new wheels arrive I will post results. Al seemed quite interested in getting back on track in a positive note. What I can say at this point is if you have a problem keep trying, it's a pain the ***, but I do think he want's to get it right. He mentioned he is growing his business, maybe he is over his head at this point.

More when the new wheels come.

D
Old 04-19-2005, 11:41 PM

Piece of SH*T
Originally Posted by danholm
Well, as the guy who started this thread, here is where I stand. Al did finally respond to my attempts to contact him, and I thank the others on this forum for helping. He has promised to send out new wheels to replace the bad used wheels, in an attempt to clear up the mess. I won't go into long explainations now, but when the new wheels arrive I will post results. Al seemed quite interested in getting back on track in a positive note. What I can say at this point is if you have a problem keep trying, it's a pain the ***, but I do think he want's to get it right. He mentioned he is growing his business, maybe he is over his head at this point.

D
If you speak to this ******* again, please let him know that I am also spreading the word about his stupid service that he is giving me. I got an email from him earlier this evening and he told me he is NOT going to pay for it. I said what I had to say and I gave him a week to pay me to get it fixed so we'll see what's his respond..I'm still trying and it is a pain but I'm not here to wait for his dumbass to correct his self for his mistakes!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 AM

none

D
He has had the the same communication skills since 2000, when I first tried to buy some wheels from him.. I think anyone doing business with him should do so face to face.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 AM

I feel your pain. Three of mine were scuffed, grinded, filed and bent, one had a crack all the way through and was an odd width. For me, after a while it just became the hassle of it all, and being pissed off. Al emailed me today and said the new wheels were on their way. Meanwhile the old ones have had two round trips Jersey/Virginia. I hope they stay there and get recycled into something more usefull. I too was promised refund money, and it never showed. Al claims he is trying to do the right thing and I hope so for him, cause if the replacement wheels don't show, I'll buy a plane ticket for anyone who wants to join me in a trip to Jersey. I think I may get a few takers. I really do hope Al fulfills his promise and comes clean with everyone, cause he knows his wheels, and I don't think he is intentionaly trying to burn anyone.

I hope my next post is a positive one.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Old 04-20-2005, 05:42 AM

Piece of SH*T
I feel your pain. Three of mine were scuffed, grinded, filed and bent, one had a crack all the way through and was an odd width. For me, after a while it just became the hassle of it all, and being pissed off. Al emailed me today and said the new wheels were on their way. Meanwhile the old ones have had two round trips Jersey/Virginia. I hope they stay there and get recycled into something more usefull. I too was promised refund money, and it never showed. Al claims he is trying to do the right thing and I hope so for him, cause if the replacement wheels don't show, I'll buy a plane ticket for anyone who wants to join me in a trip to Jersey. I think I may get a few takers. I really do hope Al fulfills his promise and comes clean with everyone, cause he knows his wheels, and I don't think he is intentionaly trying to burn anyone.

I hope my next post is a positive one.
Sorry to hear about that bro. I hope you get what deserved and not messed up wheels. I hope he is trying to do the right thing because I don't put up with BS like this especially since it's a waste of my time when it could of been solved from the start. If nothing shows up for you and for me, let me know when you are ready to pay him a visit. I'm down and others as well from benzworld.org

Here are a couple people who have had issues with him as well

http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/t...osts=10&fid=56
Old 04-28-2005, 12:09 AM

Al came through

Well, I got a replacement set of wheels today. Took a while and a lot of persisitence. Al sent me a new set of 18" to replace the used 17". They are a different style and are copies, but I got something.

Al apologized up and down for all my hassle. We had a misunderstanding on the original return, as he was not around to accept them. I mentioned that he has a lot of unhappy people out there. He said he was growing his business and wanted to make certain he took care of his customers. All I can say for those who are in dispute. Keep trying. He wants to help, but I think he is up to his eyeballs, so it will take patience.

Thanks to all those on the forum who supported my efforts.

D
Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 PM

Piece of SH*T
Well, I got a replacement set of wheels today. Took a while and a lot of persisitence. Al sent me a new set of 18" to replace the used 17". They are a different style and are copies, but I got something.

Al apologized up and down for all my hassle. We had a misunderstanding on the original return, as he was not around to accept them. I mentioned that he has a lot of unhappy people out there. He said he was growing his business and wanted to make certain he took care of his customers. All I can say for those who are in dispute. Keep trying. He wants to help, but I think he is up to his eyeballs, so it will take patience.

Thanks to all those on the forum who supported my efforts.

D
Good to hear about this. I finally got a hold of Al a couple days ago and he apologized to me as well for the hassle and explained about the wheels and etc. He agreed to pay for the repairs on my wheels but yet I still have not received anything. I'll wait a week or so and if nothing arrives..he will still be on my NEGATIVE list and I'll continue on until I get it.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:18 PM

95 e320, 01 c5 vette
WTF???!!! THIS GUY IS STILL IN BUSINESS?!!! i got screwed over by this guy back in 2000. Here's a post I put somewhere else. Unless everybody who buys from him lives NEXT DOOR to him at 12 rutan place new jersey or watever, i would pay YOU to avoid him. it's a headache you dont want. to those who have had a good experience, go out and buy a lottery ticket. for the rest of us, i feel your pain. here's a post i wrote in another thread just now. funny how 5 years later, AL, things dont go unnoticed huh?

i was still in college a couple years back when i bought wheels from him on ebay for the 89 w124. all excited and stuff, getting to put "mint" antera 143's on the car. what i received was a WHOLE different story. they were antera 143's allright, but the offset was off, the width was off, and where were the lugs? also, i mightve been wrong, but severely oxidized and peeling (flakes of it at once) chrome were not exactly the same as "mint silver". in the end, he finally took them back and refinished them in silver and the wheels did look nice. but the dozens of emails and the hassle of sending that crap back (on my expense) was not worth it. i mightve been a poor college student who loved cars, but looking back i wouldve rather sold my books and right kidney to avoid him and pay cec or tirerack the premium. oh yeh, 3 months later, the paint on the wheels started peeling off. no clearcoar, go figure.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:16 PM

Piece of SH*T
Originally Posted by gaww
WTF???!!! THIS GUY IS STILL IN BUSINESS?!!! i got screwed over by this guy back in 2000. Here's a post I put somewhere else. Unless everybody who buys from him lives NEXT DOOR to him at 12 rutan place new jersey or watever, i would pay YOU to avoid him. it's a headache you dont want. to those who have had a good experience, go out and buy a lottery ticket. for the rest of us, i feel your pain. here's a post i wrote in another thread just now. funny how 5 years later, AL, things dont go unnoticed huh?

i was still in college a couple years back when i bought wheels from him on ebay for the 89 w124. all excited and stuff, getting to put "mint" antera 143's on the car. what i received was a WHOLE different story. they were antera 143's allright, but the offset was off, the width was off, and where were the lugs? also, i mightve been wrong, but severely oxidized and peeling (flakes of it at once) chrome were not exactly the same as "mint silver". in the end, he finally took them back and refinished them in silver and the wheels did look nice. but the dozens of emails and the hassle of sending that crap back (on my expense) was not worth it. i mightve been a poor college student who loved cars, but looking back i wouldve rather sold my books and right kidney to avoid him and pay cec or tirerack the premium. oh yeh, 3 months later, the paint on the wheels started peeling off. no clearcoar, go figure.
That's exactly the same address he is still at now. I wish I could pay this guy a visit myself along with some of my buddies but just for this? Damn I can't believe he would actually do this just for a couple hundred bucks in his pocket and have angry, unsatisfied customers who want's to whoop the s*it out of him.

This F*CKER offered me the same thing..send it back to him and he'll get it repaired for a cheaper price, I said HELL NO! I told him to send me money so I could repair this s*it myself. As I'm also a college student, every damn penny is worth something to me as I spent about 3200 total for this POS rims Al sold me..

Well I gave that fool a call earlier today and still no answer, left messages and everything but that's all I could do for now.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 SS
Still up to his old tricks...

I, unfortunatly am another victim of this idiot (or, I am actually the idiot). Bought a set of Mono VI style rims from him and he gladly and quickly accepted my money. Rims were delivered as promised, but didn't fit my ride (after we specifically discussed the BBK on the fronts and he said they would fit). No lugs, 2 missing caps.

After about a week of trying, finally got him on the phone and he said he has a pair of fronts with the large pad (more curvature) for the fronts and they will be sent out on 02/03/06. Well, it is the 16th and still no rims...can't get tracking numbers, says he uses a "third party shipping company" and they will give me the numbers. CAll after call, email after email, nor response.

Finally I lose it and write an email that is say, not so nice. he reponds and says that he will refund me and for me to send back the 6 rims (when the other two get here....YEAH RIGHT! Like I am going to send him shi*!

Based on the number of guys that have had problems with this guy, isn't there some legal action we can take to shut this ahole down?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:20 AM

Piece of SH*T
Originally Posted by Matrix66
I, unfortunatly am another victim of this idiot (or, I am actually the idiot). Bought a set of Mono VI style rims from him and he gladly and quickly accepted my money. Rims were delivered as promised, but didn't fit my ride (after we specifically discussed the BBK on the fronts and he said they would fit). No lugs, 2 missing caps.

After about a week of trying, finally got him on the phone and he said he has a pair of fronts with the large pad (more curvature) for the fronts and they will be sent out on 02/03/06. Well, it is the 16th and still no rims...can't get tracking numbers, says he uses a "third party shipping company" and they will give me the numbers. CAll after call, email after email, nor response.

Finally I lose it and write an email that is say, not so nice. he reponds and says that he will refund me and for me to send back the 6 rims (when the other two get here....YEAH RIGHT! Like I am going to send him shi*!

Based on the number of guys that have had problems with this guy, isn't there some legal action we can take to shut this ahole down?
Sucks man...I wish we could do something about this guys because I'd be the first to be in it! I went through hell too so don't feel to bad..2-3 months I believe, just because of an idiot who wants to screw someone over for a few hundred bucks. I can't say I didn't try and try to warn others about this jackass...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT