Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95' E320 Wagon (gave to father) 15' VW TDI Wagon, 05' X3, 97' F150, 99' Buell S3
Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com

Watch out for this guy. He has a site, bestdealsonwhls.com. I purchsed a wheel from him a couple years ago, and it worked out fine. The most recent purchase was another story. Was sold "mint" E430 Sport wheels. They are not usable with serious rash, two do not hold air due to cracks. One is an odd size. He will not respond from repeated calls and emails for over a year. Once in a while I will get him on the phone, and he say's he will correct this.

I gave up and am now spreading the word.

His name is Albert Salerno, and he accepts payment at 12 Rutan Place, Bloomfield, NJ 07003. If his mailbox is not full try leaving him a message at 973-851-4230.

Pass this on.

Dan
Old 03-03-2005, 12:55 AM

Hmm, Al has helped me out a number of times in the past when I did not feel like shelling out tons of money to the dealer. I recently picked up a set of brabus 6 chrome rims and tires from him without a hassel.

I have bought a total of 5 sets of rims from him, and a bunch of tires, and only once did I have a problem with a bubbled tire, which he resolved within 2 days for me.

Maybe its just bad communication, I am local to him and he is the best guy around. No one else has the deals he has not to mention good brand names. Ill continue to reccmoend him,
Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM

95' E320 Wagon (gave to father) 15' VW TDI Wagon, 05' X3, 97' F150, 99' Buell S3
Like I said, the first transaction was fine. The second... well, I gave him a year, and have called about twice a week. I get his voice mail and the box is either full or I leave a message and he has never returned my calls. When I do reach him I get a run around. I'm a reasonable person with a lot of patience, hence a year since I decided to make an effort to discredit him.

The wheels he sent me were junkyard trash and advertised as "mint".

How do you get a hold of him? I've tried every way I can. Maybe you are Al?

Dan
Old 03-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi 225 TT.w203 sedan.Bmw 318tiCali.Ed.VW Jetta vr6
ive dealt with him. he is a little hard to contact at times. i have recomended his site to many people. his prices are cheap and he is legit. i went to his home to purchase things and he was a great guy and help me out with everything i needed. sorry to hear about the mix up. good luck
Old 03-03-2005, 09:06 PM

Well.. Try calling him now. His mailbox has been full for two days. I too got a good deal with the first transaction. In a year of leaving messages, I have never had a return call.

Nice wheel eh?
Attached Thumbnails Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com-wheel4.jpg  
Old 03-04-2005, 10:42 AM

Good luck in your efforts to resolution.
I've sent emails back/forth with this company about possible purchases, but I was never confident enough with them to send cash up front. Based on other business history I'm leary of some NY/NJ operations...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 PM

none
They NEVER answer the phone nor do they return phone calls. I tried for a week to buy wheels from him and never got a response.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:49 PM

No i am not Al, but I have purchased from him many times. I go there whenever i need an MB part.

Maybe since im local it works better, but im happy with him, ive saved thousands.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

1995 w140 s500
hey do they have a store? I'd like to stop by
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by s0vietbenz
hey do they have a store? I'd like to stop by
Old 03-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Got through today. Said he would refund my purchase. I'll post the results.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM

A total screw!!

This guy is a ripoff!! He said he would refund my purchase. I sent back the wheels giving the benefit of doubt as a misunderstanding. He has not returned any commuication. Today the wheels were returned to me as not accepted by receipient. I paid for both ways.

These suckers are going through his front window next time I'm in Jersey. And it's only three hours away. I may just do it this weekend for fun.

Stay far far away from this jerk. He does ebay business as well.

Please pass this on. I'm a 20 year member of MBCA and am posting on the club site as well.

Check out his site, bestdealsonwhls.com What crazy person would spend big money for the rims on his site? If you do, you'll be ripped off. for me it was only $500. Do not send him any money. He will ask for payment up front.

When the used junkyard wheels show up, your stuck.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:01 PM

This guy will burn you!!

Just bringing this thread up to the front as I will from time to time in an effort to keep others from getting took as I did. Check out the wheel in my photo. Is that mint as advertised? I learned of this guy from this site when I posted a "wheel wanted".

As a newbie, I have a lower opinion of the members at this point, compared to the MBCA site which requires one to be a club member, and whom is easily tracked. Sorry a thief has to ruin it for the honest out there, however the classified on this site is suspect.

D
Old 03-23-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by danholm
Just bringing this thread up to the front as I will from time to time in an effort to keep others from getting took as I did. Check out the wheel in my photo. Is that mint as advertised? I learned of this guy from this site when I posted a "wheel wanted".

As a newbie, I have a lower opinion of the members at this point, compared to the MBCA site which requires one to be a club member, and whom is easily tracked. Sorry a thief has to ruin it for the honest out there, however the classified on this site is suspect.

D
i agree with you there to some degree...there should be a post requirement (50) to sell anything as there are some that register jus to scam ppl in the classified section
Old 03-23-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
i agree with you there to some degree...there should be a post requirement (50) to sell anything as there are some that register jus to scam ppl in the classified section
Actually, I posted "wheels wanted". Stupid me. Thought this was a reputable forum.

Dan
Old 03-24-2005, 11:03 AM

damn man still sorry to hear that like i said he was hard to get in contact with at times but other than that business was good, but it was also face2face
Old 03-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Ya, it is to bad. The first dealing a couple years ago he was great. Really knew wheels and I got a fair deal.

When I called for these latest wheels, I got him the first try. Once, they arrived, it's like he screened my number and never answered my calls. He would answer when called from a different number, make promises, and never follow through.

After the first negative post on this site, I reached him. He seemed like he wanted to clear up the deal. I trusted him, sent the wheels back and tried to fax the tracking info to the fax number he gave. The number was someone who had never heard of him. Since then I have tried in vain to reach him to see if I got the number wrong. Next thing I know the UPS guy is dropping off my old wheel with a label that reads; "reciepient rejected delivery".

At this point it isn't even the money. I'm just pissed off that I wasted time and energy. And now I have these junk wheels I can't do anything with. The repair shops want $150 per wheel for repair. The wheel salvage people will give me $15 each, and it will cost me $70 to ship. I hate to dump em in the trash.

I would like to stop by his house sometime and just ask him what his problem is. I don't think he inentionally went out to rip people off, but got himself in some deep doo doo or something.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM

Stay Away From This Guy!!!!

I pitty those who give their money to this scammer.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:44 PM

Although I do understand where your coming from, I think its unfair to steer everyone away from him.

I bought a set of rims from him 4 weeks ago with tires and there hasnt been a problem. What you had is called a bad experience, with an obvious mis communication. You have really been chasing him a full year before posting this? I have had trouble getting Al on the phone sometimes, but you have to understand its one phone line with alot of customers, and who is devoted to picking up every call when its their CELL PHONE?

I know it sounds like im defending Al all the way, but I have brought many people to him and everyone has been happy with his product. Maybe preowned condition isnt something for you and you should buy new next time.

Here are the rims I got from him on my car. He is the best deal around, where else can you pick up chrome 19's NEW with tires for under 1800?
Attached Thumbnails Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com-cllk.jpg  
Old 03-30-2005, 01:32 AM

W220, W208, W203
What kind of wheels are those? I could get you named brand 19"s with wheels & tires for an even cheaper price than this shady guy.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:45 PM

I think you are Al

Originally Posted by x15jq
Although I do understand where your coming from, I think its unfair to steer everyone away from him.

I bought a set of rims from him 4 weeks ago with tires and there hasnt been a problem. What you had is called a bad experience, with an obvious mis communication. You have really been chasing him a full year before posting this? I have had trouble getting Al on the phone sometimes, but you have to understand its one phone line with alot of customers, and who is devoted to picking up every call when its their CELL PHONE?

I know it sounds like im defending Al all the way, but I have brought many people to him and everyone has been happy with his product. Maybe preowned condition isnt something for you and you should buy new next time.

Here are the rims I got from him on my car. He is the best deal around, where else can you pick up chrome 19's NEW with tires for under 1800?
x15jq,

Now I know your Al.

Have you read my posts? Have you seen the photo? Do you call this mint condition? In fact after you screwed me, I did buy new and they were an excellent deal from a MB dealer. 17" original MB, new take off's from500CL for $800. If your so close to the source, answer why no response and wheels were sent back to me as in my post. Yes I did give a year to clear it up. And called at least once a week. Sometimes everyday. It was on my to-do list in outlook. I emailed every week. You think I'm unfair? See what happens to you in the same situation. You seem as if I am the jerk in this "misunderstanding" The only misunderstanding is that I trusted a rip off.

Your out of business AL!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:05 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
Jeez, if x15jq really is Al, he needs a serious beat down. These idiots are giving the NYC area a bad name. What a piece of low life scum...alledgedly.

Step up Al...where the hell are you?
Old 04-02-2005, 05:55 PM

Yeah ok im really Al. Id really waste my time dealing with one unhappy customer, and just talk about it on the forums, yep thats me.

Seriously dude, im sorry for the bad experience you had. Im not Al, I cant do anything for you, I stated my experiences with him in the past. Say what you want, I have no affiliation with him. His adress is clearly listed in the beginning of the thread, go check and see if my CLK is there.

Oh, and Danholm, you signed up to this forum, and looking at your past posts, everything seems to be a complaint against Al, and nothing else. If your so sure that I am Al, check my credibility and posts from the past, maybe you could learn something.

Grow up people, this is a forum where car enthusiasts unite to share a common hobby, not just talk all day about bad experiences. You keep bumping the thread to keep warning people not to do business with him, and all I did was state that it wasnt neccesary to turn everyone away from him. People get negative feedback on ebay, does that make all of there business go away?? The man has helped me many times in the past, so I posted my experience, as you have stated yours to. Good luck to you, and I hope it works out in the end for the rims.

-Anthony

Last edited by x15jq; 04-02-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:33 PM

I have no idea why you guys are having so many problems with Al. He knows the business, and he's got great deals. I'm from Queens and I've been there to buy tires from coming along these forums one day. All legit, no problems. Sale couldn't be better. Stop crying like a little baby and learn the skill of business cuz it clearly seems you haven't done anything to fix the situation.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 PM

x15jq is not Al, al has a CL, a CTS, H2 and SL. not 2 clk's . and if x15jq was Al, he proboly would have been trying to sell us parts or at least listed his website in one of his 600 posts. just my opinion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Avoid bestdealsonwhls.com