Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: Panerai 177 Watch + extras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Panerai 177 Watch + extras

I have a PAM177 H like new for sale.

H series 44mm Watch Featuring Black Sandwich Dial, Small Sweep Seconds, Sapphire Crystal Back & 300 meter Water Resistance. Purchased from AD, warranty still good for two more years.

Included with watch:
Pearwood Box & Outer Cardboard Boxes.
OEM Brown Croc Strap & Tang Titanium Buckle
Bezel Protector
Instruction Book, Book & ID Label.
Original Purchase Invoice from AD.

Also included:
Never worn OEM Tan Calf Strap.
Aftermarket Bracelet (rare titanium / BRUSHED stainless finish)

Excellent Condition, rated at 95%. Originally paid: $4700 + $400 for extra strap and bracelet.
My asking price is $3600.00. Local pickup in Southern California available.

Thanks.
smandap@adelphia.net

pics at:
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/mandizzle72/
Old 10-02-2006, 08:07 PM

05 C55, 01 C240, 00 Discovery
Im sorry i love watches and have a bunch of them and this is one that id be interested in a watch like this retails over twice what the jewler paid for it that means that the jewler probably paid 2000... 2000 new so be prpared to get offers in the 800 to 1200 $us region it is a nice watch dont get me wrong
Old 10-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Wink

Watch is sold. Pending receipt of funds.

(BTW, I had over 12 offers in less than a day for over 3000.00US, sold at close to asking price)
Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by valdes
Im sorry i love watches and have a bunch of them and this is one that id be interested in a watch like this retails over twice what the jewler paid for it that means that the jewler probably paid 2000... 2000 new so be prpared to get offers in the 800 to 1200 $us region it is a nice watch dont get me wrong
dude you have no idea what you are talking about, and no nothing about Panerai.
They sell USED for a few hundred less than retail and sometimes ABOVE retail for the limited edition models.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:31 AM

dude i know what im talking about limited editions sometimes sell more because of demand a dealer will always try to make most money on the watch so they will offer you a used watch for only a few hundred less and dude that dont know like you will buy them watches have a huge markup at least 2 times the wholesale price only few watch manufacturers like rolex and patek phillepe will have smaller markups
but o well just my opinion at the end what do i know i only buy 3 or 4 watches a year
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 AM

theres guyst that buy 3 or 4 a month maybe your one of them and u know more
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
I know my Panerai 1950 is currently trading at a higher price then the dealer sells it for - the only problem is you can't find them new from a dealer since its a limited addition piece.

Both the 177H and the 111H are highly sought after pieces (as well as my "fiddy") so they demand the most interest and the biggest resale price.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally Posted by valdes
dude i know what im talking about limited editions sometimes sell more because of demand a dealer will always try to make most money on the watch so they will offer you a used watch for only a few hundred less and dude that dont know like you will buy them watches have a huge markup at least 2 times the wholesale price only few watch manufacturers like rolex and patek phillepe will have smaller markups
but o well just my opinion at the end what do i know i only buy 3 or 4 watches a year
judging by what you just wrote, I can definitely tell that you know absolutely JACK ***** about Panerai. Pre-owned Panerai's run roughly 80-90% of the retail price of a new one. There are even several models which have a higher pre-owned value than what a new one sold for, ie: the 1950, the Black Seal Radomir, the limited edition PVD, etc etc.

SO before you post anything more and make yourself look even more stupid, do some research on Panerai......because Panerai is NOT your typical watch brand..... don't EVEN THINK about putting it in the same sentence as rolex.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:22 PM

Glad to hear there are other Panerai enthusiasts on the MBWorld forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion ...but some people will just never understand.

Last edited by mandizzle; 10-03-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 PM

I bought my first PAM a few months ago, and I'm in love.

Valdes must not realize that even the largest watch stores (ie. Tourneau) only have 4-6 Panerai units in stock at any given time vs. 20 Rolex watches. The dealer I used pre-sells almost all of his Panerais even before they come into his place.

Panerai is like Ferrari. The demand is high, supply is low.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by trojanman
I bought my first PAM a few months ago, and I'm in love.

Valdes must not realize that even the largest watch stores (ie. Tourneau) only have 4-6 Panerai units in stock at any given time vs. 20 Rolex watches. The dealer I used pre-sells almost all of his Panerais even before they come into his place.

Panerai is like Ferrari. The demand is high, supply is low.
I too am a huge Panerai fan but your post isn't exactly accurate. Aside from their annual special edition collections, they aren't in any short supply. The Tourneau Time Machine store on 57th St. alone has over 20 Panerai on display. I know the 53rd St store has several as well. They are able to maintain their prices and resale value because the market currently allows it because dealer's like yours make statements like you mentioned and people beleive them. It's very similar to Breitling back in the early 90's. Nowadays, Breitling dealers can't discount them enough to move them.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM

none
I agree with NY C32 to a degree.. There is a lot of hype in the Panerai brand, they are fetching a premium for a watch with very cheap movement.
The brand has exceptional marketing and great support of the Paneristi.

Most of the models retain 80% of their value which is exeptional for a watch. The only other brands that have that sort of vale retention are Patek and Rolex.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Haha, funny comments, I would never put a Panerai in the same sentance as a. Rolex. See, not the same sentance and not the same league either,

Rolex is by far a superior work of art.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Well, I own both, a Rolex and Panerai (and a bunch of others) and although I LOVE my Rolexes, from Daytona to YM to Subs to my beloved pepsi-bezeled GMT - There is something special about a 47mm Panerai. The hand winding movement is also a work of art in its own right. It runs and keeps time much better then any of the Rolexes I have ever owned and on par with A.Longe and Patek I have.

Is Panerai popular because of the bit f mythology behind it? Probably. My 1950, as well as my PVD 111h are limited edition watches, so they will always have "some" value to them and I am relatively sure I will not run into a lot of people wearing them, where as Rolexes are everywhere....here in Las Vegas, there are more Rolexes then Seikos.

@2PHAST - Glad to see you are on the board still! You and I have been around many different sites....Why do you think a Rolex, with a regular ETA 28,800 bpm movement is far superior to any of the Unitas handwinds? What about the Rolex that makes it a masterpiece of watchmaking? Certainly the flyback chronos of Zenith and Patek, perpetual calendars and moonphases of VC or other grand complication watches is superior to Rolex..no?