Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Sad to sell my 2nd 2JZGTE SC300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
Sad to sell my 2nd 2JZGTE SC300

This is my second Pearl white SC300 I am putting for sale. These damn Lexus' with GTE/6-spd swaps flat out rock! I dont know about you guys, but all I know is everyone in this world is the same. You want to try and set yourself apart with rarity, exclusivity, etc. Well this is it for the automotive world, which is affordable. Swapped over Lexus vehicles have been becoming more and more popular, especially in the last 4 years. Some of you know me, most dont. I have owned over 400 performance cars in the past and worked on and driven countless others. What I'm trying to say is, a properly assembled SC300 with a 2JZGTE and Getrag 6-spd from a Supra Turbo, is by FAR my favorite daily driver type of vehicle. I dont think I can think of a better type of vehicle to drive to and from work/gym/wherever. It offers just about everything you could want from a daily driver vehicle, other than AWD. Great luxury from the stock interior, great looks from the stock body, and then there's the unlimited performance capabilities that comes from the drivetrain combos. I have also owned 6 Supra Turbos in the past. I would never feel comfortable parking them just anywhere. Noone suspects anything much from a Lexus. My old SC was T66DBB powered with around 500rwhp for daily driving with all the luxury/looks/etc. I have never had more fun with a daily driver in the 2 years I drove that car everyday. I beat down a brand new Ferrari F430 with that car to 150mph!! OK, I'll calm down and give you the specs on the current SC which I'm selling.

-1992 SC300
-Pearl white/NEWLY upholstered tan interior
-2JZGTE jap-spec engine with 550cc injectors, otherwise stock
-6-spd US Getrag trans
-The primary stock cat is in place.
-HKS mid pipe
-HKS Super Dragger cat-back
-HKS EVC 2 electronic boost controller
-HKS intake pipe with K&N filter
-HKS SS BOV
-HKS Type S front mount intercooler
-HKS Drag coilovers
-HKS twin disc clutch
-Daizen front and rear monster sway bars
-CCW Drag Classic wheels with fat 315mm 17inch Nitto 555R tires on the back
-Supra TT front and rear brakes
-Optima battery
-Fluidyne radiator
-Custom chrome coil pack cover $300, lol.
-Kenwood stereo face
-Mcoulugh HID headlights
-1999 front bumper
-Cold starts are a little rough, nothing major.

This will be a list of the things that are wrong with the car that would need addressing if you so choose. The car is otherwise ready to start driving your *** around.

-The front bumper is missing the grille peice in the middle that's suppost to clip in there. You should be able to tell from the pics.
-The rear right HKS coilover is going to need rebuilding. I never hit any bumps with it, it seems as if over night it started bouncing way too much on me. Over a huge bump it will now slightly scrap the tire. Otherwise it drives fine and the tire isn't hurt to any bad point.
-The stereo doesn't bump as loud as is should, it probobly needs an amp and a sub in the trunk to make it sound really good.
-The power steering feels a little tight when moving around at low speeds in a parking lot. I never worried about it, but It's only right to mention it when selling here.
-The auto one-touch "up" feature for the driver side window does not work. You have to hold the button to bring the window up like a normal car.

The reason I am selling this car is a painfull one. It has the stock JDM twins on it which function perfectly. There is no smoke from them, or the engine, at any time. That is my problem. I am used to driving insane fast cars. I have already bought single turbo parts for this car. I simply dont have the time to build it. I am so slammed working on other cars, I dont have the luxury of building my own. My cars come second when there is such a huge work load in the shop. If I am to keep this car I need it 500+rwhp fast, not 380rwhp fast, which is where it's at now, more or less. That is the one and only reason it's got to go. I have no other reason to let it go. It's still pretty quick and the turbos spool up fast as hell. I clocked it from 0-60 a few times on the parkway out of a toll, and got 4.7 second on a stop watch. The interior is MINT and the exterior is also amazing for a chasis that has 170K miles. It was a Cali car it's entire life. There's not even any minor surface rust on the undercaraige. It's that clean and everyone will guess it has only 50,000 miles on the chasis, noone beleives it has 170K. It has the normal small rock chips and very little BS here and there, but nothing major that will be a deal breaker.

I would like to get $19,500 for this car. However, I am a buisiness man and money does talk. Getting a loan for a 1992 SC300 isn't exactly easy if I were to guess, so having the funds would make your life easier. I am also open to trades or trades + $$. You can reach me during the days at work, 973-779-8405, or e-mail me anytime at awd95dsm@hotmail.com. I'm sure I will be adding minor things to this thread that I am forgeting over the next few days.

Here is the link to the pics. The white single turbo SC300 with stock TT wheels was my old car. I got this car with GTC Volks but there's pics ther with the CCW's.

http://broadway-performance.com/Lexus.htm
http://broadway-performance.com/LexusNEXT.htm
Old 11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Good luck with the sale. I've always liked those cars.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:57 PM

S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
Thanks bud.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
looking good
good luck
Old 11-14-2006, 11:44 PM

S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
I'll never see my Lexus again after Friday afternoon. Looking for an older SL500 now.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:26 PM

S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
Sold! Actually searching for an older SL600 now, instead of 500.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a good choice for a new purchase.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM

S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
Yeh, they are a great bang for the buck. I used to own a 99' black/black S600. That thing was pimp! I dont need a sedan though. The SL vert with the V12 will do fine in my garage. Now I just have to find a good one localy.