Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Possibly FS: 1992 SL500 + Extras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Possibly FS: 1992 SL500 + Extras

92 SL500
Teal Blue
95,000 miles

19" BBS LM's (w/ lip damage-thanks mom!)
Eisenmann Exhaust
H&R Springs + Bilstein HD Shocks
Front Clear Corners

The paint is in immaculate condition and the car has never been in an accident. The car has been garaged virtually all of it's life. A/C has recently been replaced and it has had it's 100,000 mi tune-up.

Please email me at mach430@adelphia.net if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
are the clear corners, the Crystal clear ones? or the europ frosted ones?

Mark
Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Euro/frosted. They basically match the color of the headlights.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corvette
Pics? and price?

Wow you have a HUGE amount of Post count.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

I'll take some pics when my father is sure that he wants to let the car go. If you are interested, please send me an estimated offer (obviously you'd need to see it before a final amount would be determined) and I will take it to him.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-19-2006, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C280
Originally Posted by NVR_L8
Pics? and price?

Wow you have a HUGE amount of Post count.
Stop asking for pics and price, when you arent gonna buy the car, and the way you're post whoring you'll get there in no time.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:17 PM

Corvette
Mach430, just giving you tips so you can sell your car faster!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
hey can i give you my crystal clear clear corners plus some $$ for ur frosted ones? mine look like...

Last edited by Bigdot; 11-19-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

The reason I have not posted pics or price are simple vs asking people to contact me is simple; only those truly interested will waste their time contacting me. Additionally, as I only have one SL500 for sale, it would be foolish to limit the potential selling price by listing a specified dollar amount or range. If you were willing to spend 50k for something that the seller listed at 45k, would you still offer 50?

As for my post count... I've been around since day 1 of this MBWorld and well into the original format (before vBulletin). Time-aside, I have to attribute a large portion of the number to repeatedly answering the same question over and over throughout the years.

RedMongoosE,

Thank you for your offer however the only potential part trade that I would consider on the car would be the 19" BBS LM's for other wheels that would fit. And that would most likely only be if the car does not sell and has to go to the stealership.

You should be able to pick up a set new for around $130ish.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:21 PM

G500
Originally Posted by Mach430
Additionally, as I only have one SL500 for sale, it would be foolish to limit the potential selling price by listing a specified dollar amount or range. If you were willing to spend 50k for something that the seller listed at 45k, would you still offer 50?
That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read. You are NOT selling a ultra-limited collector's edition car, but a 14 year-old mass produced coupe with 95,000 miles; price elasticity is here and in your face. Want to sell your car here or at least spark some interest? Post a PRICE. Otherwise, chuck it on eBay. Or...maybe just ask daddy what he wants for the car.

I will offer you $3,500. Is that within your "specified dollar amount or range?"
Old 11-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Read your own post and stand corrected.

It doesn't matter if 100 million SL500's were made. I have one and disclosing the minimum that I am willing to accept before reviewing the offers would be absolutely ridiculous. My father does not need to sell this immediately, thus we have time to review potential offers and make a choice.

When you bought your car was there a sticker on the window saying the minimum that the seller would take? No, the dealer spent time with you and numbers went back and forth until both parties were satisfied. Perhaps you've heard of negotiating? Neither party ever says their limits up front. You can try to convince me otherwise, but reality is that's how sales on non-fixed priced items are made.

Save your $3,500 and spend it on something that will give you something better to do than hijack threads of no concern to you. Perhaps taking some sales classes would be in order?

Last edited by Mach430; 11-19-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 PM

First of all, let me apologize for having to create a new account, I couldn't remember my old information.

#1. Mach430, offer sent. We will discuss the rest in private chat. I based it on some KBB pricing, but i might need to shipped...we can talk numbers over the phone too if you prefer.

#2. Cyntaxx...I assume that you are homosexual, as those are the only types of individuals that don't vomit at the prospect of owning a G wagon. Maybe this is where your angst comes from. Feeling ostracized in real life, so you need to e-thug it up on the forums. Stop trolling a thread looking for a fight. You just might get one. It is obvious that Mach430 is well respected on these forums, and as such knows how to carry himself fine without your assistance.

Last edited by ecook; 11-20-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C280
+1 on what ecook said. although i kinda like G wagons and i am not homosexual. i just like the offroading capability.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

some
Originally Posted by cyntaxx
That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read. You are NOT selling a ultra-limited collector's edition car, but a 14 year-old mass produced coupe

not a coupe.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Ok, to get this back on track... Thanks for the interesting support...

I've received emails/PM's from a few people and I will be responding to each of you (if I have not already) after the holiday.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 AM

G500
When you bought your car was there a sticker on the window saying the minimum that the seller would take? No, the dealer spent time with you and numbers went back and forth until both parties were satisfied. Perhaps you've heard of negotiating?
Maybe a lesson in reading comprehension is in order for you. Where in my post did I make any sort of reference to a "minimum that the seller would take?" I told you to post a PRICE. When I go to the dealership, I do usually find a PRICE sticker on the window. Negotiations, if the potential buyer is interested, commence from that point. Easy enough, don't you think?

Sales class...? Pup, listen, if you are confused into thinking that an *ASKING PRICE* is a *MINIMUM PRICE*, then perhaps it is time to jump back on daddy's lap and ask him to dispense some common sense.

Last edited by cyntaxx; 11-21-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 AM

G500
Originally Posted by ecook
#2. Cyntaxx...I assume that you are homosexual, as those are the only types of individuals that don't vomit at the prospect of owning a G wagon. Maybe this is where your angst comes from. Feeling ostracized in real life, so you need to e-thug it up on the forums. Stop trolling a thread looking for a fight. You just might get one. It is obvious that Mach430 is well respected on these forums, and as such knows how to carry himself fine without your assistance.
I originally wasn't going to respond to such an ignorant and immature post as yours, but temptation got the better of me so let me humor myself.

1) You clearly do not belong on a MB board, let alone the Internet with your backwards homophobe mentality. Maybe get off mommy's computer and go play outside?

2) You have absolutely no understanding of the heritage behind my G-WagEn. Did you know it has been in production for over two decades and has been the ONLY Mercedes vehicle that has retained its original looks and much of its chassis? Did you know it is one of the most capable offroad machines in history and has been used by dozens of militaries across the globe, including our very own USMC? Maybe you should read up before insulting someone else's vehicle. What exactly do you drive? Post up!

3) Troll? E-Thug? Mr. Cook, you have 1 post count and recently joined because you "forgot your information." Your only reason for joining, judging by your ONE post, was to throw playground insults at me. I think it is honestly time for you to reflect a bit on that comment.

4) Are you Mach430? Maybe you're his friend from high school? I haven't been on this board much, but all I see at face value is a username with nearly 35,000 posts - I have no clue whether that merits respect or pity.

Have a great day!

Last edited by cyntaxx; 11-21-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
I think cyntaxx is mad because he could not buy an SL for $3500.......
Old 11-22-2006, 12:19 AM

Corvette
I offer $4K.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:06 AM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
where'd you sig go cyntax?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by cyntaxx
I originally wasn't going to respond to such an ignorant and immature post as yours, but temptation got the better of me so let me humor myself.
This is interesting considering that when I searched for posts with your name on it, almost all that came up were adversarial posts where you instigated **** with other members. And judging from the private messages of support that I got from others, I am not alone in that sentiment.

1) You clearly do not belong on a MB board, let alone the Internet with your backwards homophobe mentality. Maybe get off mommy's computer and go play outside?
Oh great, here we go...an insult from elementary school. Maybe you are going to reference my "bedtime" as well?

Fact of the matter is, regardless of whether it is in jest or not, the statement holds true. The demographic for G Wagons is predominantly homosexuals and african-americans. Not racism, not homophobia...just the facts. I figured you were hastily run to the "homophobia" camp when I posted it. I commend you for your predictability.

2) You have absolutely no understanding of the heritage behind my G-WagEn. Did you know it has been in production for over two decades and has been the ONLY Mercedes vehicle that has retained its original looks and much of its chassis? Did you know it is one of the most capable offroad machines in history and has been used by dozens of militaries across the globe, including our very own USMC? Maybe you should read up before insulting someone else's vehicle. What exactly do you drive? Post up!
I wasn't insulting your car, obviously you must be a homophobe if you are troubled by the fact that the owners of your vehicle are predominantly homosexual. What is wrong with that? Everything else you said is just blather...completely moot...mainly posted to fluff yourself up, which it seems is your hobby since you e-thug it up on the forums. Also, this isn't about what I drive...currently I am driving a new Audi, used to drive a Mercedes. And hopefully will soon have an SL in my garage as well!

3) Troll? E-Thug? Mr. Cook, you have 1 post count and recently joined because you "forgot your information." Your only reason for joining, judging by your ONE post, was to throw playground insults at me. I think it is honestly time for you to reflect a bit on that comment.
Take it for what its worth, but I honestly had an account here prior. If it so tickles your fancy, I can try to figure out the information and post through it if you want. I will be honest, I hadn't been on the forums in quite some time, and the first post I read...lo and behold is your flame-worthy post. And I concede...I did create an account to make a post...after I couldn't remember my old information...isn't that what the typical procedure is?

4) Are you Mach430? Maybe you're his friend from high school? I haven't been on this board much, but all I see at face value is a username with nearly 35,000 posts - I have no clue whether that merits respect or pity.

Have a great day!
Have a moderator check the IP addresses if you think that I am Mach430. I think you will probably find that we are pretty damn far apart...a few states at least. In fact, I can honestly tell you that I have never met the man in person. Do I respect him...yes. Have I spoken with him prior through this forum...yes. You can throw around insults all you want. But the fact that no one came to defend you one bit just goes to show your status and capacity on this board. You are a flame-worthy troll, that no one seems to like.

YOU have a great day sir!

Last edited by ecook; 11-22-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:41 PM

G500
Originally Posted by ecook

Fact of the matter is, regardless of whether it is in jest or not, the statement holds true. The demographic for G Wagons is predominantly homosexuals and african-americans. Not racism, not homophobia...just the facts. I figured you were hastily run to the "homophobia" camp when I posted it. I commend you for your predictability.

I wasn't insulting your car, obviously you must be a homophobe if you are troubled by the fact that the owners of your vehicle are predominantly homosexual.
I would like to see evidence supporting your claims here. Please, indulge all of us. Otherwise, this post is reduced to nothing but a feeble attempt to cover up the immature verbal diarrhea you spewed in your initial post, which I'm sure I'm not alone in branding as extremely ignorant.

And let's boil this down to the nuts and bolts here:
I feel as if I was well within my boundaries in asking for a price. I may have been harsh about it, but I am obviously not the only person in this thread requesting that it be posted. You, on the other hand, came in here with a new username to blast me and have nothing more to contribute.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

How about you just GTFO of this thread? You are the last person to comment about having something to contribute.

At no time did you ever have any inclination to make an offer for the car and only posted to try to play Mr. Internet Genius. Well, we're all quite impressed, so now you can move on and harrass somebody else.

Have an issue with ecook; take it to PM.

Have an issue with me; pickup the phone and call somebody who cares.

Have an actual offer to make on the car, by all means post. But as you don't, please leave.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM

G500
Have an actual offer to make on the car, by all means post. But as you don't, please leave.
How much are you asking for the car? Or will you still refuse to divulge that secret information?

In all seriousness, I could offer you $8,000. That is in line with Edmunds pricing for a 1992 SL500 with 95,000 in clean condition with "special paint" as an option.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

That's only about 1/2 what KBB lists it at. Now that I've rejected your offer, please leave.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possibly FS: 1992 SL500 + Extras