Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Can anyone provide me with a Mercedes WIS software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone provide me with a Mercedes WIS software

Im looking for a copy of the software or if you can route me in the right direction on where I can inquire one that would be great.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by johnny5
Im looking for a copy of the software or if you can route me in the right direction on where I can inquire one that would be great.
Why do you need a copy. For a few bucks you can get it online for 24 hours.

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/
Old 06-13-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by benzmodz
Why do you need a copy. For a few bucks you can get it online for 24 hours.

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/

That was going to be my next option if I wasnt able to retrieve the software. The only reason I perfer the Software vs. the website your paying I believe $25 for a day of use as if I get the Software I can always access it whenever and where ever I want.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E550 4Matic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WIS-M...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 PM

02 cl203
so with this would i be able to set XENON : PRESENT
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by valexv
nope. You need the star diagnosis computer.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by valexv

This software Im looking for will help me figure out electrical wiring in our cars, repairs, DIY, etc.... Thats what mainly this will do. As for what C24owner state the star diagnosis computer will help you with setting your alarm to beep, or lower your car, etc....
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
what year, model are you looking for (coverage)? I purchased a WIS but it's no
doubt a copy. dont use it - never got around to installing it so may as well find
someone who has a need for it.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
That was going to be my next option if I wasnt able to retrieve the software. The only reason I perfer the Software vs. the website your paying I believe $25 for a day of use as if I get the Software I can always access it whenever and where ever I want.
If you can't afford $25 for the most recent and current information then you really have no business playing with electricals.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
mercedes has released individual service cd's for each model year and I would suggest you pick one of these up for around 100 bucks and it's original from your parts counter or you can call MB and get it It has all the details you need to know on your model car. Call 1-800-FOR-MERCedes and they can provide the disc.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by raymond g-
what year, model are you looking for (coverage)? I purchased a WIS but it's no
doubt a copy. dont use it - never got around to installing it so may as well find
someone who has a need for it.
Im looking for R230 SL 03-current but would like to find other models as well so thats why I was looking for the WIS. May I ask you why you never got around to installing it? Did you even see if it is helpful or not?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM

If you can't afford $25 for the most recent and current information then you really have no business playing with electricals.

If you can read right you'll see I stated I dont want to pay $25 for just a 24 hour use if I can purchase the WIS and use that for life. I never stated I couldnt afford it! If I didnt have the money or was *****ing about $25 I wouldnt be driving a SL now would I?

As for yourself I would keep your mouth closed and keep your commits to yourself as if I wanted **** from people and non intelligent answers or advice I would ask for it and than maybe you can state your commits than!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sunil @ motorwerks
mercedes has released individual service cd's for each model year and I would suggest you pick one of these up for around 100 bucks and it's original from your parts counter or you can call MB and get it It has all the details you need to know on your model car. Call 1-800-FOR-MERCedes and they can provide the disc.

Sunil,

Thanks Ill probably stop by MB today to see if I can pick one up and to see how detailed it gets when coming to the car. By the way did you ever get that Paddle Shift Steering wheel to work with a non-paddle shift car? Ive been meaning to ask you for the longest time but never got around to it.

Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
If you can read right you'll see I stated I dont want to pay $25 for just a 24 hour use if I can purchase the WIS and use that for life. I never stated I couldnt afford it! If I didnt have the money or was *****ing about $25 I wouldnt be driving a SL now would I?

As for yourself I would keep your mouth closed and keep your commits to yourself as if I wanted **** from people and non intelligent answers or advice I would ask for it and than maybe you can state your commits than!!!
If attitude counts then clearly you are a living legend. As far as understanding what you are talking about I would suggest you start by learning from your dealer and the forum. Every path to understanding starts with basic time investment like spending a day downloading 200 PDF documents on your car from Mercedes directly.

Your ability to purchase an SL is in no way connected with your capacity to work on it. Perhaps you can ask the forum what can be done to your car.

I myself have taken several SL's to the metal floor and rewired.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Almost a Member!

You spelled "comment" wrong...twice. I won't even get into the grammatical errors contained within your statement.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:53 PM

If attitude counts then clearly you are a living legend. As far as understanding what you are talking about I would suggest you start by learning from your dealer and the forum. Every path to understanding starts with basic time investment like spending a day downloading 200 PDF documents on your car from Mercedes directly.

Your ability to purchase an SL is in no way connected with your capacity to work on it. Perhaps you can ask the forum what can be done to your car.

I myself have taken several SL's to the metal floor and rewired.

It’s more of a comfort zone for me and that’s why I’m asking and wanting the software to further my knowledge base on these cars. I’m not trying to come off as a d*ck but did take that last comment offensive. Once again we all have to learn and we all choose different methods of learning and I have always been hands on. I have rebuilt, re-wired, and done major installs on a lot of other cars with guidance either by books or software. I am using the forums but seems that most people don’t have much knowledge on them and as for the dealers here….There either d*cks or they don’t even give you time and day and suggest you bring it in. That’s from experience from 3 different dealers that’s why I gave up on them.

Either way I didnt mean to come out snapping as I did...was tired and irritated earlier today for other reasons and was not thinking clearly while typing!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by SLR199
You spelled "comment" wrong...twice. I won't even get into the grammatical errors contained within your statement.

Thank you for pointing those out....
Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Thank you for pointing those out....
No problem.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
Im looking for R230 SL 03-current but would like to find other models as well so thats why I was looking for the WIS. May I ask you why you never got around to installing it? Did you even see if it is helpful or not?
switched from MSDOS to Linux to Apple so far, the issues related to my
car have been do-able using MBWorld. I have AllData (dot com) free at work.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
It’s more of a comfort zone for me and that’s why I’m asking and wanting the software to further my knowledge base on these cars. I’m not trying to come off as a d*ck but did take that last comment offensive. Once again we all have to learn and we all choose different methods of learning and I have always been hands on. I have rebuilt, re-wired, and done major installs on a lot of other cars with guidance either by books or software. I am using the forums but seems that most people don’t have much knowledge on them and as for the dealers here….There either d*cks or they don’t even give you time and day and suggest you bring it in. That’s from experience from 3 different dealers that’s why I gave up on them.

Either way I didnt mean to come out snapping as I did...was tired and irritated earlier today for other reasons and was not thinking clearly while typing!

In 16 hours you could download and print 100% of the wiring diagrams 5 comments ago.

There are only 50 or 60 useful documents. The rest are only needed if the car becomes damaged or in a car accident and the wires are broken. Such as airbag, ESP, Airmatic are never looked at by "common folk".

Things like radio, nav, cluster and so on are easily sourced and small files. The old information becomes useless as new updates become available.

Things like chassis specific recalls also.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by raymond g-
switched from MSDOS to Linux to Apple so far, the issues related to my
car have been do-able using MBWorld. I have AllData (dot com) free at work.

You must be in Automotive Field to have access to AllData huh? As for Alldata is it pretty helpful?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 AM

In 16 hours you could download and print 100% of the wiring diagrams 5 comments ago.

There are only 50 or 60 useful documents. The rest are only needed if the car becomes damaged or in a car accident and the wires are broken. Such as airbag, ESP, Airmatic are never looked at by "common folk".

Things like radio, nav, cluster and so on are easily sourced and small files. The old information becomes useless as new updates become available.

Things like chassis specific recalls also.

Do you know if the Startek page tells you torque spec's and how to take engine things off as well as electrical diagrams, etc???
Old 06-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Almost a Member!

StarTek info contains anything and everything you would possibly need to repair your vehicle. You get Star Bulletins which contain recall campaigns, DTB's etc. EDAC which has a search feature so you can view what other techs have done to solve your specific problem. Star Wiring which has a nice feature within it (Star Wiring with Web ETM) which will show you complete wiring as well as actual pictures for refrence to location, etc.