Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

MERCEDES SL600 for sale $5999 (vandalised) PICS AND VIDEOS in here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
MERCEDES SL600 for sale $5999 (vandalised) PICS AND VIDEOS in here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170185640567

COSMETIC SURFACE VANDALISM. NOT ACCIDENT OR MECHANICAL DAMAGE. RUNS 100%. CLEAR TITLE.

I figured I would post here for anyone who is interested in this car. You can contact me at cutlass@gmail.com , just leave me your phone number and I'll be happy to speak with you if you are interested in this car.

I met with a member of another Mercedes forum the other day to show him this car and we had a nice chat about cars and took him for a ride in this car. He said it is being discussed all over the internet! (wow).

IT HAS A CLEAR TITLE.

It is definitely a project ideal for a bodyman (swap out the hood fenders doors and trunk from another SL, repaint etc) who wants a 600 as a great low priced daily driver. It would not be cost effective to make it perfect inside and out, or to have the work done yourself at retail shop prices if you are not in the autobody business. PDR could not make it perfect, but it could straigten it out and be a cheap daily driver if you dont mind imperfections. All the damage is cosmetic. NOT mechanical. They did not get into the engine compartment, trunk, etc. It would also be an excellent parts car for anyone who needs mechanical parts, as its low mileage (63,400)

My idea if I was to keep it, was just leave it as is , debadge it and race it for pink slips =) yes its fast. The v12s pull like a freight train and dont let up.

Since many here seem to believe there is mechanical damage, I took some videos of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJsNDY1mTI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLZlv9tGXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4KDgnGQ3w

And anyone is more than welcome to come see it in person. If there is a more appropriate place to advertise this car in this forum, kindly let me know. I would like to find a legitimate buyer (so many deadbeats and time wasters on ebay) and preferably a Mercedes enthusiast who appreciates these cars.

Last edited by tusabes; 01-20-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
Originally Posted by tusabes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170185640567

I figured I would post here for anyone who is interested in this car. You can contact me at cutlass@gmail.com , just leave me your phone number and I'll be happy to speak with you if you are interested in this car.

I met with a member of another Mercedes forum the other day to show him this car and we had a nice chat about cars and took him for a ride in this car. He said it is being discussed all over the internet! (wow).

IT HAS A CLEAR TITLE.

It is definitely a project ideal for a bodyman (swap out the hood fenders doors and trunk from another SL, repaint etc) who wants a 600 as a great low priced daily driver. It would not be cost effective to make it perfect inside and out, or to have the work done yourself at retail shop prices if you are not in the autobody business. PDR could not make it perfect, but it could straigten it out and be a cheap daily driver if you dont mind imperfections. All the damage is cosmetic. NOT mechanical. They did not get into the engine compartment, trunk, etc. It would also be an excellent parts car for anyone who needs mechanical parts, as its low mileage (63,400)

My idea if I was to keep it, was just leave it as is , debadge it and race it for pink slips =) yes its fast. The v12s pull like a freight train and dont let up.

Since many here seem to believe there is mechanical damage, I took some videos of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJsNDY1mTI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLZlv9tGXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4KDgnGQ3w

And anyone is more than welcome to come see it in person. If there is a more appropriate place to advertise this car in this forum, kindly let me know. I would like to find a legitimate buyer (so many deadbeats and time wasters on ebay) and preferably a Mercedes enthusiast who appreciates these cars.
4,500 cash?

949-697-0670
Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 S600
Dang....

Reminds me of the Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats".....

Accurately described with some great potential!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
4,500 cash?

949-697-0670
thanks, but im not taking "best offers" , trades, etc.

Oh yeah, car is located in San Francisco (Bay area) CA

I already priced the opening bid at $1000 less than what I consider the minimum I can stomach....Ive had quite a few people tell me they are waiting till the last minute to bid , but you can never tell who is serious... if it doesnt get the opening bid I'll probably keep it myself and make money racing, or find a donor SL with good body panels to swap.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
thanks, but im not taking "best offers" , trades, etc.

Oh yeah, car is located in San Francisco (Bay area) CA

I already priced the opening bid at $1000 less than what I consider the minimum I can stomach....Ive had quite a few people tell me they are waiting till the last minute to bid , but you can never tell who is serious... if it doesnt get the opening bid I'll probably keep it myself and make money racing, or find a donor SL with good body panels to swap.
make money racing? like fast and the furious?

Mark
Old 01-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
WTF was wrong with that *****??? She ****ed up every panel on that car!!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper
Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
make money racing? like fast and the furious?

Mark
Yeah. Euro style!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
yeah, its always fun to embarass Mustangs and Cotvettes with an old mans Mercedes and make money in the process.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
final call, selling in a few hours at no reserve.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, not sure how I'd deal with the perpetrator of that... I feel bad for you man. Hope you at least did something to merrit that.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Looks like its going a parts house if an enthusiast doesnt step up and want it?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
you think it was ins. fraud to make sure they couldn't fix it?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
it was a repossession, not insurance salvage....dont think insurance claim was ever filed. I dont know whether the owner got mad it was being repossessed and vandalised it himself, or whether his lover got mad and vandalised it so he just stopped making payments, either way it was repoed.

If it was an insurance car it would be salvage title.

Last edited by tusabes; 01-21-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
it was a repossession, not insurance salvage....dont think insurance claim was ever filed. I dont know whether the owner got mad it was being repossessed and vandalised it himself, or whether his lover got mad and vandalised it so he just stopped making payments, either way it was repoed.

If it was an insurance car it would be salvage title.
so how did you came across with it? you bought it like that? or was it vandalized after you bought it?, but from what you said in the above post, it sounds like you bought it like that and then decide to sell it. If it's a repo, then the bank will sell it cheap....even cheaper if it's repossessed with those damages on it.

either way you cut it, sounds like you are trying to make a quick buck. no pun intended.