Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

www.GlobalAutoShop.com BEWARE !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 430
Exclamation www.GlobalAutoShop.com BEWARE !!

I recently ordered from www.globalautoshop.com what was supposed to be a kit that would convert my ML grill to a brand new ML55 AMG polished chrome grill.

The merchandise that I received was deplorable. Not only did it arrive bent and scratched, but the so called exclusive chrome strips were not shiny and looked really cheap.

When I tried to return the merchandise for being defective and of lesser quality than advertised, the company would not answer phone calls, or return phone messages. Finally they did return an email stating that they simply would not take it back.

I just wanted to share this experience to forewarn anyone of my experience. The customer testimonials on their website apparently praise them for their customer service. I wonder if these are also a lie!
Old 02-22-2003, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
I would contact http://www.genuity.com/
That is the company that is hosting their site. They will shut them down for doing this, unless they take your product back.

Sorry to hear about this, but i would write them...Look on the bottom where it says contact
Old 02-22-2003, 02:01 AM

ML 430
Thanks

Thanks, I just did.

My loss is only $89, it is the principle of letting companies get away with mis-representation and selling defective merchandise that really bothers me.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:03 AM

Ya i hear ya...Its only 89$, but that's also 89$ from about 100 more people they ripoff...They should be stoped
Old 02-22-2003, 03:31 AM

1999 ML320
benz chrome grill

I don't know why you have issues w/ them.

I bought mine last year around August and i loved them.

They are really easy to deal with and the product is well described.

You must have miscommunications from my perspective.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:35 AM

Curiously, I sent this link to Global Autoshop and this was their reply. Their email address is sales@globalautoshop.com. The person that responded was Kevin.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 3:10 AM
Subject: Re: bad review on mercedes site

Thank you for the note, please do us a favor and post this message

------------------------------
Never found a person like this before. Claimed something that's not true:

It's not fair to just hear one side story, here are the last explanations:
- First, claim the product is scratched and bent? The product is 100% brand new, wrapped w/ plastic and buble. It's even inspected before shipping. (claimed buble too thin again =))
- Second, claim about quality? this is manufactured as a part of 3M quality product (leader of good quality), we have sold this to chief of police in Canada and no problem. This shines just like OEM, bling.
- Third, claim about expensive price? come on, germany strips sells well before $100, it's $173 retail.
- Lastly, selling defective merchandise? again, we don't do business if we sell defective products. "We also offer you an exchange if the product is defective, but simply don't want and threat for a post like this"

Hope this helps.

Kevin
GAS
Old 02-22-2003, 04:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your post says:
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 3:10 AM
They replied to you at 3:10 am?, and then you posted it here 25 minutes later? We've seen this before with other shops...
Old 02-22-2003, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
Your post says:

They replied to you at 3:10 am?, and then you posted it here 25 minutes later? We've seen this before with other shops...
LOL yup, i see it to....This is his first post, and just signed up Fed 2003..
Now a quick reply standing up for my benz buddy

First off, if you were a real company, you would take it back NO MATTER what the cause was..If he thought it was poor quailty, you should of taken it back anyways. If it was scratched, you should of taken it back. You could atleast called the shipping company and have them look into it since YOU said it was packed excellent. It does not matter how things are packed, cause it can ALWAYS be messed up. So you told him you will not take it back before even looking into the problem...You just blew him off...You could of even asked for him to send you a pic of it if you wanted to get technical on it. But no, you blew him off....Companys like this wont last, and i for 1 will never do business with you cause of this 1 bad expericance...Cause i know if it gets messed up being shipping im screwed, and i know its coming in bad quailty....I will also post something bad about your comany where i see your name....Also..Dont try to come on the borad posing as someone else...Were not idiots.

If you want to do the right thing, give this guy his money back PERIOD. Atleast blame it on the shipping if you dont wanna take the blame, and shipping will pay for it as long as you insured it...which companys DO insure their products when shipped.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:13 PM

ML 430
Angry GlobalAutoShop - the lies continue

Kevin from this online store states:

"We also offer you an exchange if the product is defective, but simply don't want and threat for a post like this"

Another lie, never did he offered to exchange the product or we would not be dealing with this issue. What Kevin did do is state the following on two emails.

"Our shipping dept. will automatically reject all returns without rma authorization". Whatever rma means!!!

And since he first would not answer the phone and not return messages, after two emails that was his response.

All businesses live and die by the level of customer service they offer. GOOD LUCK KEVIN!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

So did you pay by credit card???
Old 02-22-2003, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
So did you pay by credit card???
Ya, if you paid by credit card you can get your money back.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:17 PM

2002 CLK320
Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Bayer
Thanks, I just did.

My loss is only $89, it is the principle of letting companies get away with mis-representation and selling defective merchandise that really bothers me.
It may have costed you $89, but helped save hundreds of us forum readers in realizing what a sham this place may be. That's a lot of business that this website may have just lost.

Thanks Bayer for the heads-up. We feel for you, but feel for the company when they fail!
Old 02-26-2003, 06:38 PM

2000 CLK320 Cabrio 2020 E 450 Wagon '92 VW
Re: www.GlobalAutoShop.com BEWARE !!

They put the screws to me also. The fact that Global only accepts credit card payments thru PayPal should have been a BIG RED FLAG. A reputable retailer would have its own contracts with each credit card company. (I think PayPal is used primarily by people who sell stuff on eBay in order to make the monthly rental payment on their lot at the trailer park.) Global is banned from another M-B Web site and several warnings have been posted about them on that site. Global also has operated under other names and subsequently changed them once they pissed off enough people. BEWARE – IF U BUY FROM GLOBAL AUTO SHOP, U R GOING TO BE SCREWED...AND IT WON’T BE THE KIND THAT FEELS GOOD.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: Re: www.GlobalAutoShop.com BEWARE !!

Originally posted by woodyww
They put the screws to me also. The fact that Global only accepts credit card payments thru PayPal should have been a BIG RED FLAG. A reputable retailer would have its own contracts with each credit card company. (I think PayPal is used primarily by people who sell stuff on eBay in order to make the monthly rental payment on their lot at the trailer park.) Global is banned from another M-B Web site and several warnings have been posted about them on that site. Global also has operated under other names and subsequently changed them once they pissed off enough people. BEWARE – IF U BUY FROM GLOBAL AUTO SHOP, U R GOING TO BE SCREWED...AND IT WON’T BE THE KIND THAT FEELS GOOD.
And that site is? And the other names are?
No, I'm not with them but if you post like that it would be nice to have the referenced information.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: www.GlobalAutoShop.com BEWARE !!

Originally posted by amdeutsch
And that site is? And the other names are?
No, I'm not with them but if you post like that it would be nice to have the referenced information.
Go to BenzWorld. (I subscribe to the ML forum on that Site.) Use the search function. You should be able to find all the information on these folks you need, including plenty of "I Was Screwed by Global AutoShop" testimonials. You might want to try buying from them as well, just to see what your experience is. If you say it was good, then those of us who have dealt with this shyster "We-Only-Accept-PayPal" outfit will know you work for Global. Hiding behind PayPal instead of having proprietary contracts with MC, Visa, AmEx solves all the customer charge-back issues/problems for Global that would indubitably occur if if that company had its own proprietary contracts with each of the major credit card companies.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:46 PM

Re: GlobalAutoShop - the lies continue

Originally posted by Bayer
Kevin from this online store states:

"We also offer you an exchange if the product is defective, but simply don't want and threat for a post like this"

Another lie, never did he offered to exchange the product or we would not be dealing with this issue. What Kevin did do is state the following on two emails.

"Our shipping dept. will automatically reject all returns without rma authorization". Whatever rma means!!!

And since he first would not answer the phone and not return messages, after two emails that was his response.

All businesses live and die by the level of customer service they offer. GOOD LUCK KEVIN!!!
CAVEAT EMPTOR, this is now posted on Global’s Web site. Verbatim quote:

“Absolutely NO refunds on special orders , (ex. imported merchandise), all accessories, aerodynamic, & styling parts, wheels/tires, electrical, high performance parts, or parts which have been installed.”

http://www.globalautoshop.com/main/refund_policy.htm

Folks, have they covered their **** or what? What else is there? Maybe I’ll hand it to my lawyer. He’s my father and, luckily for me, he doesn’t need the money.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Unforunately for any business, you can't say no refunds and ship a defective product... There are laws protecting consumers that supercede any company policy.