Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: Brand New OEM Carlsson full front bumper for 96-99 W210 E-class!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Cool FS: Brand New OEM Carlsson full front bumper for 96-99 W210 E-class!

Hey guys, I actually came across 2 OEM Carlsson full front bumpers for my car but only needed one (of course). I am selling a brand new one including primer and paint in the deal (with your paint code provided). It's still in the Carlsson box from the factory. Please PM me for details. Serious inquiries only as this bumper is not cheap and is the real Carlsson deal! No immitations here! I am looking to try and get what I paid for it from the factory in Germany and not trying to make a buck. This bumper is very hot and hard to get and is only being manufactured per special order as it is not a Carlsson stocking item anymore. I am not home in LA right now but in Atlanta for a couple more weeks so I could not provide the actual pic. of the bumper but believe me, it's everything I've said it would be. Here is a pic. of a Carlsson bumper on another members car (thanks), picture it without the front plate of course...Let me know!
Attached Thumbnails FS:  Brand New OEM Carlsson full front bumper for 96-99 W210 E-class!-carlsson-front-bumper.jpg  

Last edited by jimmydagreek; 09-05-2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is the Carlsson full front bumper on Alexbenz's car (thanks Alex)...
Attached Thumbnails FS:  Brand New OEM Carlsson full front bumper for 96-99 W210 E-class!-alexbenz-2.jpg  
Old 09-06-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Mercedes E300 TurboDiesel
This bumper was $680 new from the tire rack and you want $1200??????? Lets come back to reality.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
$1200?
Old 09-08-2003, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lightman
This bumper was $680 new from the tire rack and you want $1200??????? Lets come back to reality.
How old is this info??? I purchased direct from Carlsson because Tirerack said that Carlsson did not make this bumper anymore and the bumper cost me about $800 bucks not including air shipping from Germany!!! If you have a name of the person at Tirerack giving you this info, please pass it on to me. I will have a huge bone to pick with them!!!

I am not trying to rip anyone off or trying to charge someone and "unrealistic" price, but just what I paid. I even tried to go through a couple of Carlsson's distributors here (not to mention any names) and didn't get anywhere. All I have to say is don't get me started about this bumper situation...

Because of the unavailability of this bumper, there are a lot of fakes out there at $800+. I know, I checked all of them.

Lightman, hook a brotha up and give me the name and number or e-mail address to the Tirerack guy.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
might wanna try it on ebay
but i doubt anyone wil pay you what you spent on it
sorry to hear you're stuck with 2 bumpers
but because of your mistake i don't think anyone in their right mind will pay what you paid for shipping it here, or they could get it directly themselves

just 2 cents
gl
Old 09-09-2003, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well of course anyone can go and get it directly but it will be a bit more expensice than what I am offering and it is a headache. Also, this was not a mistake. I tried every local Carlsson distributor for weeks and had pisspoor service (you all know who you are). I also posted in here forever to find the bumper and came to a dead end every time. I am not stuck with 2 bumpers but with only one, as the other one is painted and will be installed as soon as I get home. I am including primer and paint in that price and I am negotiable.

As I mentioned before I have all of the receipts totalling over $1200 bucks without paint and I am including paint, but will take a loss to help someone else out and to make the sale.

Just as I thought, Lightman came back and said: "when Tirerack used to carry them, they were that price." Well, when everyone used to carry them a long time ago, they were that cheap but not anymore as they are not being mass produced (I've rec'd all of my info. from Sebastian at Carlsson in Germany). The bumper itself costs over $800.00 USD if you look at Carlsson's direct price list but the freight is what eats you up.

Anyway, bottom line (like I said before) I am not trying to rip anyone off and don't appreciate being attacked about my info. as it is true. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can make a deal. If not, no problem, I would much rather hold on to it than to dump it cheap, as I know what it's worth and don't really care about the money at this point.

If anyone would like to go direct, be my guest. Here is the link to the website with contact info:
Carlsson AutoTechnik. You may also speak to the same rep. as I did, his name is Sebastian.

Good luck,
Old 09-09-2003, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Are we also forgetting how much the Euro has appreciated against the greemback lately????? Try getting them now......

My 2c
Old 09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Whitey
Are we also forgetting how much the Euro has appreciated against the greenback lately????? Try getting them now......

My 2c
PRECISELY!

Thanks Whitey...
Old 09-09-2003, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Its just part of my profession , besides, I experienced the same thing during the Gulf war and couldn't wait to do something with my ride

Good luck Jimmy, I'm sure you'll find someone who has taste AND understands the mechanics of the market.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:06 PM

Taking advantage of the fact tire rack no longer sells carlsson is not fair. They lost their distributorship, but someone will become a distributor soon. Bottom line is you guys paid too much and want others to share your loss... Doesnt seem right to me...not attacking anyone...
Old 09-09-2003, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lightman, we're not trying to take advantage of anyone to cover for our losses. You oviously failed to read through my earlier post entirely. I went to Carlsson first, Carlsson directed me to their 2 distributors out west (to be left nameless). I then contacted both and I got the run around or got ignored. Why, because the bumpers were not being mass produced any longer, so I believe there wasn't enough of a markup. Therefore, after weeks of going through all of this, I contacted Carlsson once again. Carlsson agreed to deal directly with me and so I did, paying exactly what I would've paid with airfreight through one of the distributors. Again, I don't want to bash these guys for their service so I just went direct and got what I wanted. End of story!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:12 PM

Carlsson lost their distributorship, they haven't stopped producing that bumper. The two dealers, who can be named IMO, one in UK and the other Harton Motorworks in canada, both wanted twice what tire rack and others were charging, realizing the supply/demand factor and ripping people off IMO. Jimmy check your email please.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lightman, I will respond to the e-mail that you sent me. BTW, those weren't the 2 distributors that I was referring to. The ones I was talking about (as per Carlsson) are both in CA! Also, I am not asking twice the old price of Tirerack, which was a lot lower through Carlsson back then. And again, I am including primer, paint and shipping (depending on where you are). According to Sebastian at Carlsson, the bumper is no longer being "mass produced," therefore, the price has gone up since Tirerack used to sell it! Not to also mention the increase of the Euro!

If this is so hard to believe, check with Carlsson for yourself, I already provided the link. Ask for Sebastian and have him e-mail you a quote including air shipping...
Old 09-09-2003, 05:57 PM

When you figure in the cost of paint and shipping, and exclude tax since this is a private sale, the price isn't that bad. Thats funny we weren't talking about the same distributors. Carlsson really does not have their sheet together!:p

However, Carlsson just recently has opened an American distributorship or branch of Carlsson, here in the US. They are just getting started, barely open. They order by container, and do not charge any airfreight, or special shipping charges. I'm waiting on a call back to see how much they want for this bumper, and I'll let you know tomorrow whether or not I want yours.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No problem, I'm not in a hurry to sell it. Carlsson's shop is brand new and though you might not encounter any shipping charges, the US prices will be a higher from what I've heard from one of their distributors. Also, unless anyone lives in Florida (which you do Lightman) you will have to pay for freight to have it shipped anyway within the US. Don't forget prep. and paint...

On that note, Carlsson really doesn't have their game together. That's why they slowly fell through the cracks and became known for their poor customer service. I still love their stuff though and hope that they do come up from the bottom of the lake. Then, maybe I'll consider upgrading again, if I end up keeping my car that is. We'll just have to wait and see...
Old 09-10-2003, 12:02 PM
rrf

Didn't everyone notice that The TireRack's Carlsson prices at the "end" were blowout sales. The W203 Springs were the same as price as H&R, The Carlsson COs were less than H&R. They were obviously "offing" their Carlsson inventory. Looks like The Rack's relationship with Carlsson had some problem and they wanted out-badly. To quote those old blowout prices is meaningless, that inventory is gone. Gas used to be $1.00 a gallon too.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:35 PM

2000 F-150 XLT Sport Crew Cab
All I know is.....Jimmy will not try to take advantage of anyone in anyway....He can be trusted to the fullest....rrf was right...they were blowout sales....If you think he over paid and you think another company will sell them again....then you will have to wait untill that day if it ever comes around (it wont).....A good example would be the gas idea someone stated....Gas use to be a $1.00 gal so are you not going to pay for gas anymore cause its not almost 2.00 a gal?

Im not attacking you neither, but Jimmy is a very nice guy and I've known him for a little while....I know he speaks the truth.

good luck with the sell!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the support Benz and the rest of my brothas supporting me on here. I don't want anyone to feel cheated with this deal. I am including a lot of things, not just the bumper so even if anyone finds the bumper at $800 or even $900 bucks, figure in the cost of prep, paint and shipping, then come talk to me. As I said before, I am negotiable on the price for serious offers.

Later...J
Old 09-10-2003, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lightman
Carlsson lost their distributorship, they haven't stopped producing that bumper. The two dealers, who can be named IMO, one in UK and the other Harton Motorworks in canada, both wanted twice what tire rack and others were charging, realizing the supply/demand factor and ripping people off IMO. Jimmy check your email please.
Lightman: I am very annoyed by the comment that you've made. As some have already mentioned, how can you compare Tirerack's blowout price vs. the current market price??? We are charging twice of what Tirerack is charging? Tirerack can afford to lose money or sell at cost. Their bottom line is to get rid of their stocks ASAP. I need to bring in the bumper from Germany by AIR especially for you (unless you are willing to wait for 3+ months). Not to mention that I have a business to run, do you expect dealers to sell eveything to you at cost and not making any profit out of it? Do you expect dealers to tell you their cost and let you decide how much money that they should be making??? Anyone who has enquired about my pricing can tell you that I am not the kind of guy who will "rip" people off because I want to make a buck or two more. In fact, I dont need to make money that way. And the gas prices is also a perfect example, based on your supply/demand theory, people should be paying $2/gallon of gas now. Why dont you write a letter to the oil company and tell them that gas used to be $1/gallon.

Everyone has to calculate the cost, everyone has to set a fair profit margin. If you think its too expensive, dont buy it.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:07 PM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
Originally posted by Harris
Lightman: I am very annoyed by the comment that you've made. As some have already mentioned, how can you compare Tirerack's blowout price vs. the current market price??? We are charging twice of what Tirerack is charging? Tirerack can afford to lose money or sell at cost. Their bottom line is to get rid of their stocks ASAP. I need to bring in the bumper from Germany by AIR especially for you (unless you are willing to wait for 3+ months). Not to mention that I have a business to run, do you expect dealers to sell eveything to you at cost and not making any profit out of it? Do you expect dealers to tell you their cost and let you decide how much money that they should be making??? Anyone who has enquired about my pricing can tell you that I am not the kind of guy who will "rip" people off because I want to make a buck or two more. In fact, I dont need to make money that way. And the gas prices is also a perfect example, based on your supply/demand theory, people should be paying $2/gallon of gas now. Why dont you write a letter to the oil company and tell them that gas used to be $1/gallon.

Everyone has to calculate the cost, everyone has to set a fair profit margin. If you think its too expensive, dont buy it.

Old 09-11-2003, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Harris

Wow, well put Harris. Thanks...