CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Advice on Exterior and Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 CLK430
Advice on Exterior and Performance

Hello

I just recently purchased my 430 and I'm new to the forum.

Here are some pics..everything is pretty much stock. Interior is leather with COMAND sytem. Please take a look, dissect and let me know what you think needs to be done.

Looking for mod advice on

-Exterior (best kits)
-Performance (engine and suspension)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Advice on Exterior and Performance-clk01.jpg   Advice on Exterior and Performance-clk2.jpg   Advice on Exterior and Performance-clk3.jpg   Advice on Exterior and Performance-clk4.jpg  
Old 03-13-2005, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Congrats on your purchase - looks like it's in pretty good shape - good canvas for whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:07 PM

MB
Well, if that's my car, I would buy the flat hood emblem first since it's the cheapest. Next step would be to lower the car, most people choose H&R for the springs and Koni for the shocks. From there, get some 18" or 19" for you cars, but always keep your attention on the road, be aware of potholes. With this setup, expect your ride to be stiffer than the stocks one.

Personally I really like Lorinser bodykits and if I have the money, I would get that. Carlsson is another favorite bodykits in the forum.

If you think 275 hp is not good enough to push you on the road, then you might want to spend big bucks on superchargers/engine for your car. Some options are Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus.

Hope this helps
Old 03-13-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
991.1 gt3, w204 c63 507
debadge!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
SWEET car. Silver is my 2nd favorite next to black. If i were you i'd get your side markers painted silver to get rid of that orange and get rid of the chrome, its a bit much for a silver car. i second the idea of lowering with koni/H&R (my next mod, coming in May hopefully). As far as performance goes you could get a CLK55 airbox and Evosport UD pulleys and maybe a good exhaust. As far as the body goes i like the rear and sides alot, but if you want to replace the front alot of guys go Lorinser and Carlsson. The one mod i would not recommend is the big star gille; its just my opinion but i think it looks a out of place. Another thing that im going to do soon is take apart the front seats and add some foam rubber insulation to get rid of all the squeaks. Again, great puchase and have fun.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:31 AM

'99CLK320Cab,silver/grayint
I put a 250$ sport grill and flat emblem on mine and I am pretty happy with the result, More sporty.

Partly because every other freakin taxi in Helsinki is a mercedes and I wand to get rid of the resemblence to the E class that looks a bit like the CLK front. I think it really worked for me. Different in states though.

Lowering would be nice but I am a fraid I'll break my side skirts and bumbers some day if I lower it.

Congats on the car. I think that is one of the best second hand cars you can get!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Congrats and welcome
Old 03-15-2005, 12:03 AM

00 CLK430
Great Info

Thanks for all the great info. I'm definitely going to paint the markers and change the hood emb. After looking at some websites and pics on the forum..I think the Lorinser front looks the cleanest. Also going to change the exhaust..needs chrome tips too.

Questions...

Is the Big Star Grill the same as the Sports Grill?

Has anyone ever fit 20" rims or are 19's most recommended?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
991.1 gt3, w204 c63 507
Originally Posted by JScriv
Thanks for all the great info. I'm definitely going to paint the markers and change the hood emb. After looking at some websites and pics on the forum..I think the Lorinser front looks the cleanest. Also going to change the exhaust..needs chrome tips too.

Questions...

Is the Big Star Grill the same as the Sports Grill?

Has anyone ever fit 20" rims or are 19's most recommended?
18" are most rocommended... 19"s need little/no work and 20"s , i hear, are a pain in the ***. i have 18" and i have very very little rubbing on u turns and my car isn't even lowered. i plan on getting 19" in the future but i don't see that happening if i get the h&r cup kit