CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 CLK350 CAB
Clk430

Jsu purchased a slightly used (7k Miles) '02 CLK430 CAB... Have never had the tel-aid system explained to me. Could use some help. Does it have to have a cell phone to work. (Don't have one now).
Old 06-24-2002, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Tele Aid

Welcome, and good luck with the new car. Tele Aid is pretty straight forward. No cell phone is needed. Basically there are three buttons. There is a red SOS button overhead to be pushed in an emergency. (However, in an accident where there is an airbag deployment, you are automatically connected) Inside your armrest there are two more buttons. The "I" is for information and the wrench is for roadside assistance. If you have COMAND there is an optional service called Info Services that allows you to access news, stock quotes etc. Please note, Tele Aid is not a free service. There is both an annual fee (free for the first year, $240. per year thereafter) as well as a charge for each use. Info Services is $125. per year and a per use charge. (The first year is not free) If you have any further questions post again, or call Tele Aid at 800 756 9018. However, I would contact them and let them know you are the new owner. You will need to give them your information like your home phone number etc. This way Tele Aid can be activated by you to track the car if it is stolen.

Last edited by CLK 320; 06-24-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:28 PM

'07 CLK350 CAB
So, anyone have an opinion on Tele Aid and its worth?
Old 06-24-2002, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by scottb8888
they suck.........

its like 911 its a joke takes forever to to get someone
Old 06-24-2002, 08:36 PM

2001 CLK 320
Tele Aid

Originally posted by scottb8888
If you do a search you'll find that this subject has been debated back and forth. Personally, I like it because I get a discount on my insurance becuase of the tracking feature. I do admit that the discount does not cover the annual cost of Tele Aid, but I like to think that it is more likely my car will be recovered quickly if stolen. I forget the recovery rate, but it is high. According to my dealer, a Mercedes is a very difficult car to steal.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:00 PM

I just refused to sign up for it again, and they basically threatened me by saying "What if you're in a horrible car accident and noone finds you?" I told her that given the fact that I almost never leave the city in my car, I'm willing to risk that fate .

Also, like others have mentioned, it takes at least 10-15 minutes to get anyone over the system, and it's got worse reception/range than a fuggin' cell phone. In addition, both times when they confirmed my car's location, they were more than 6 blocks off. Not terribly reassuring, given the fact that one of the main benefits of Tele-Aid is vehicle location.

IMO, spend the $$ on a Nextel instead and you'll have a phone/radio that will work nearly everywhere.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:00 PM

All of them, as much as I can...
Congratulations on the new car. I suggest you press the SOS button and tell them you are the new owner and want the information, then call them back to sign up after you thnk about it. Meanwhile, you've tested the system and their ability to track where you are.
I signed up for the life of the lease on my daily driver. Actually, I transferred it from the CLK55 to the E430. I figured it was worth it. This past weekend, I was eastbound on the Belt Pkwy when I saw a bad backup ahead. I tuned to AM radio and heard they had just shut down the eastbound lane due to a bad accident. I got off immediately and pressed the "I" button. I didn't have a map and don't have Comand. It took about 20 secs. to connect. They told me there was a $2.95 charge for turn by turn directions. I could tell the gal was trying to decipher a digital map/navigator that told her what to tell me. She got me out of Brooklyn fairly easily. One time I felt crazy and pressed the SOS button and told the operator I was just cut off by somebody and needed to talk to somebody to ward off an attack of road rage. The guy chuckled and gave me my exact location, then told me to have a nice calm day.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Re: Tele Aid

Originally posted by CLK 320

If you do a search you'll find that this subject has been debated back and forth. Personally, I like it because I get a discount on my insurance becuase of the tracking feature. I do admit that the discount does not cover the annual cost of Tele Aid, but I like to think that it is more likely my car will be recovered quickly if stolen. I forget the recovery rate, but it is high. According to my dealer, a Mercedes is a very difficult car to steal.
i would think so especially with the smart key
Old 06-25-2002, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by techbike
Congratulations on the new car. I suggest you press the SOS button and tell them you are the new owner and want the information, then call them back to sign up after you thnk about it. Meanwhile, you've tested the system and their ability to track where you are.
I signed up for the life of the lease on my daily driver. Actually, I transferred it from the CLK55 to the E430. I figured it was worth it. This past weekend, I was eastbound on the Belt Pkwy when I saw a bad backup ahead. I tuned to AM radio and heard they had just shut down the eastbound lane due to a bad accident. I got off immediately and pressed the "I" button. I didn't have a map and don't have Comand. It took about 20 secs. to connect. They told me there was a $2.95 charge for turn by turn directions. I could tell the gal was trying to decipher a digital map/navigator that told her what to tell me. She got me out of Brooklyn fairly easily. One time I felt crazy and pressed the SOS button and told the operator I was just cut off by somebody and needed to talk to somebody to ward off an attack of road rage. The guy chuckled and gave me my exact location, then told me to have a nice calm day.
i guess it varries from state to state

here in cali

i called them for some direction
they did charge me 2 95 and i dont know where da helll i ended up

and also notice how they talk soooo much after ur done i feel like they are trying to stretch some minutes

also another bad experience

i pressed the button for 3 times and still could get connected

an advantage????
when u have some one next to you that hardly been ina benz or any nice car they really trip out

just another feature to show off lol